Wanted: Arthritis remedies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Wanted: Arthritis remedies

#must be able to be used with in the confines of a high level sporting field- legal
# must be simply and easily applied
# must have lasting capabailities of 2-3 hours
# must be conducive to enabling ball handling skills

solutions:
a: Tiger balm

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Not that I have it...but the problem with athritis is not just the pain, or theeasing it...but that it actually can impair your joint movements, ability to grasp etc....

Perhaps some of our forumites who have the condition may care to comment on the "medical" side of things....including "temporary" relief..????

I also note the comment in the articles about colder weather making it worse....so perhaps in the warmer finals season Fraser may be better (or at leasta handy back up in case Roo or Kosi goes down)????

Again..those in the know may want to comment on whether that is so....or just spin?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

get our midfielders to put some leather on it. i'm sure that would fix it quicker than anything else

busso mick
Club Player

Fish oil and shark cartilage are some things that work, apparently it is related to the omega acids. My daughter has had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis for 8 years and she is on some medication (methotrexate) that works for her. The only problem is has taken many years to get it right as she is still growing.

Anti-inflammatories and cortisone injections are available but are only a temporary solution and can have adverse side effects. I can't help thinking when Gehrig played with a mangled thumb in a glove a few seasons back that it contributed to his condition today.

bergsone
SS Life Member

yes ,leather poisoning may fix it

esaint66
SS Life Member

I always thought banger would be the first on our list to be out with arthritis. :? :wink:

bergsone
SS Life Member

hope your wrong about Banger.cant afford to lose him also.

The Peanut
Club Player

busso mick wrote:Fish oil and shark cartilage are some things that work, apparently it is related to the omega acids. My daughter has had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis for 8 years and she is on some medication (methotrexate) that works for her. The only problem is has taken many years to get it right as she is still growing.

Anti-inflammatories and cortisone injections are available but are only a temporary solution and can have adverse side effects. I can't help thinking when Gehrig played with a mangled thumb in a glove a few seasons back that it contributed to his condition today.

Yeah the first thing I thought about was Shark Cartelidge - I thought of letting the club know, I was even tempted to call Fraser over to the fence but ... unfortunately for most ... if its not surgery or medication from the big companies (or on Cahnnel 9) it doesn't exist. You can even buy this stuff from your local supermarket. There would be no training reports from the peanut if It wasn't for shark cartelidge and if I hadn't convinced the nighbour he would have put his dog down two years ago.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
busso mick wrote:Fish oil and shark cartilage are some things that work, apparently it is related to the omega acids. My daughter has had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis for 8 years and she is on some medication (methotrexate) that works for her. The only problem is has taken many years to get it right as she is still growing.

Yeah the first thing I tought about was Shark Cartelidge - I thought of letting the club know, I was even tempted to call Fraser over to the fence but ... unfortunately for most ... if its not surgery or medication from the big companies (or on Cahnnel 9) it doesn't exist. You can even buy this stuff from your local supermarket. There would be no training reports from the peanut if It wasn't for shark cartelidge and if I hadn't convinced the nighbour he would have put his dog down two years ago.
We could put him in contact with Roger. At Roger's age, EVERYTHING is arthritic :wink: !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

how much water does the big guy drink i wonder?

bigmicka
Club Player

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
The Peanut
Club Player

Eastern wrote:We could put him in contact with Roger. At Roger's age, EVERYTHING is arthritic :wink: !!
Yes Eastern - Roger is technically a cripple (or is that a 'technical cripple') ... but apparently his condition has improved since the wedding last Saturday night - the improvement is believed to be due to missing the AAMI match. :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Wanted: arthritis remedies

:( The old Jiggster has had chronic tennis elbow (Thankfully NOT the drinking arm :wink: ) for the last six years or so and even in retirement has a lot of swelling and inflammation so I'll heed the suggestions posted here.
Actually it reminds me of the time I was stung by a bee on the "YOU-Know-what" :wink: While I was seeing the Doctor I said "can you ease the pain but leave the swelling please?" :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Not that it's any help whatsover; but bee-keepers don't seem to develop arthritis.
Apparently there are some medicinal properties in bee venom that prevent the on-set of arthritis.

My Dad (at 71 years of age) is an ex-apiarist and is still a nimble, healthy, BULL of a man.
He's still out there erecting house frames and roof trusses!!!!

I'm just hoping that all the bee stings I suffered in my youth will enable me to be just as active as him in 30 years time.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
esaint66
SS Life Member

bergsone wrote:hope your wrong about Banger.cant afford to lose him also.

I hope i am wrong as well.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

spot on Mick...omega 3 tabs ...9 per day /3 per meal will act as a powerful anti inflammatory...has reduced my aches and pains no end...has got rid of my heart palpatations/lowered my blood pressure [now 125/80 at 49 years old] and cholestrol 6.7 to 5.4] also enhances mood and helps prevent mild depression and thats handy given the way the season may develop... :roll:

no reason not to be on this stuff...cheap and only very good for you...

hope the G gets onto this wonder supplement very soon and we get the train back on the tracks :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
AlpineStars
Club Player

Maybe if he couldn't catah a football he shouldn't have come back? Just a thought.

Wake me up when September ends.
claystreet
Club Player

Lyprinol its New Zealand Green lip mussle extract
and works a treat after about 6 weeks of building up in the system.

8-)

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

I'm a sufferer of arthritis in the hands - couldn't hold a golf club for six months. Tried everything - fish oil, gloucosemean etc with little or no result.
Got a couple of copper bracelets from the chemist at about 5 bucks each and after a month or two, the hands improved to the point where now they are 90% right and I'm back playing regular golf.
True story.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"