Is there a Full Forward in the building?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gooner
Club Player

Is there a Full Forward in the building?

So with Gehrig gone and Kosi looking lost in the goal square what are our options in this position?
At the moment we have a midfiled that cannot kick goals and a forward line that just about scrapes enough goals together. If we are relying on crumbers to kick 5 every week we are in trouble. We need a player in the forward line who the opposition know will kick a bag if they let them. ATM we have no one.
So who is going to fill this hole?

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
ark
Club Player

If we have rucks, Kosi. He was only lost because others were also there.

gooner
Club Player

Kosi does not do it for me. Has yet to really prove himself in that position except for an exceptional few games two years ago. Surely there is someone somewhere.
Allen?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:Kosi does not do it for me. Has yet to really prove himself in that position except for an exceptional few games two years ago. Surely there is someone somewhere.
Allen?
First half in WA against WCE last season?

gooner
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
gooner wrote:Kosi does not do it for me. Has yet to really prove himself in that position except for an exceptional few games two years ago. Surely there is someone somewhere.
Allen?
First half in WA against WCE last season?
Yes true but these are just glimpses for mine. Trust me I want to believe so badly but I still need convcincing.
Anyway the point is if you look through the list there really is no one except him who can play that position.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

gooner wrote:Has yet to really prove himself in that position except for an exceptional few games two years ago.
Don't forget last year at Subi. 6 goals, if I remember correctly.

The problem is that he hasn't been given a chance to settle into any permanent position. After a couple of games playing most of the game there he could really warm to it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Might be time to promote Allen with Roo being out injured.

Hopefully King in...Kosi to full foward...with allen and Charlie across the HF line.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I actually think Roo iout and with Gehrig gone....could be the first step in making us less predictable and FORCE us to find other options.

Remember Kos starred in those games a few seasons back and IMO it was largely because he thrived on the responsibility of going fwd at times without Roo in the side..

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I actually think Roo iout and with Gehrig gone....could be the first step in making us less predictable and FORCE us to find other options.

Remember Kos starred in those games a few seasons back and IMO it was largely because he thrived on the responsibility of going fwd at times without Roo in the side..
agree.

if roo's injury is not too bad it could be the thing that makes our season.

it will force a total re-think of our predictable kick-it-to-roo gameplan.

it gives kosi the chance to thrive on the responsibility of holding down a key forward position and gives allen an opportunity to press his claims at ff or chf.

if they can stand up okay at chf and ff we'll have an embarrassment of riches when riewoldt comes back and might be able to afford to play him in the sort of role that richo had tonight.

what a luxury that would be

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Teflon wrote:I actually think Roo iout and with Gehrig gone....could be the first step in making us less predictable and FORCE us to find other options.

agree.

if roo's injury is not too bad it could be the thing that makes our season.

it will force a total re-think of our predictable kick-it-to-roo gameplan.

it gives kosi the chance to thrive on the responsibility of holding down a key forward position and gives allen an opportunity to press his claims at ff or chf.

if they can stand up okay at chf and ff we'll have an embarrassment of riches when riewoldt comes back and might be able to afford to play him in the sort of role that richo had tonight.

what a luxury that would be
Seriously you need to get over the kick it to Roo thing. Now your happy he is injured so we dont kick it to him. We will now be down to one Diva as you like to say. Explain that if you can.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Seriously you need to get over the kick it to Roo thing.
no WE need to get over it to be able to threaten this year. we're just so predictable and easy to counter with riewoldt forward and you can see what a bit of running around has done for richo's form.

plugger66 wrote:Now your happy he is injured so we dont kick it to him.

don't put words in my mouth. why in the hell would i be happy about our best player being injured? you have to look at the positives, however, and this will FORCE a re-think of how we go about things.

plugger66 wrote:We will now be down to one Diva as you like to say. Explain that if you can.

allen looks promising and could be a Diva of the future. this is good chance for the kid and also for mcevoy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
no WE need to get over it to be able to threaten this year. we're just so predictable and easy to counter with riewoldt forward and you can see what a bit of running around has done for richo's form.

don't put words in my mouth. why in the hell would i be happy about our best player being injured? you have to look at the positives, however, and this will FORCE a re-think of how we go about things.

plugger66 wrote:We will now be down to one Diva as you like to say. Explain that if you can.

allen looks promising and could be a Diva of the future. this is good chance for the kid and also for mcevoy.
I should have guessed you would want 2 talls not one.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

let me guess. you're about 4 foot 11. you got something against tall players?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

let me guess. you're about 4 foot 11. you got something against tall players?
Not tall 5 10 but please explain why talls were better than running players today because i am confused.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Not tall 5 10 but please explain why talls were better than running players today because i am confused.
i thought richo was one of the best players on the ground, gardiner wasn't bad and riewoldt was passable until injured.

but i don't judge players on whether they're tall or small but on whether they can play or not and on what they can add to the team.

to me there's too much pigeon-holing that goes on and i think that if a guy is good enough you find a spot for him regardless of his "type". if you've got a lot of good talls you should play a lot of good talls. same goes for smalls and even for mediums.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 04 May 2008 2:06am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not tall 5 10 but please explain why talls were better than running players today because i am confused.
i thought richo was one of the best players on the ground, m. gardiner wasn't bad and riewoldt was passable until injured.

but i don't judge players on whether they're tall or small but on whether they can play or not and on what they can add to the team.

to me there's too much pigeon-holing that goes on and i think that if a guy is good enough you find a spot for him regardless of his "type".
Good so G is dropped then.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Good so G is dropped then?
don't ask me, i'm not chairmain of selectors.
but I guess his form tonight will be factored in.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

What about Allen?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Allen?
kosi chf. allen ff. mcevoy second ruck until king comes back. kosi to be banished from rucking duties and told to concentrate on cementing a key forward position.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Allen?
kosi chf. allen ff. mcevoy second ruck until king comes back. kosi to be banished from rucking duties and told to concentrate on cementing a key forward position.
Where is G and how long do we give Kosi before we say he is one of the most overrated players in the AFL.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Where is G ?
you dropped him.

plugger66 wrote:How long do we give Kosi before we say he is one of the most overrated players in the AFL?
I predict he'll rise to the occasion in riewoldt's absence as he has before.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Where is G ?
you dropped him.

plugger66 wrote:How long do we give Kosi before we say he is one of the most overrated players in the AFL?
I predict he'll rise to the occasion if given more responsibility.
I dont anyone and how much more responsilibilty or is it excuses you want to give Kosi.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

since when has Gehrig been "gone"...?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you can always find our full forward if you look on the wing.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:since when has Gehrig been "gone"...?
plugger dropped him :D