Lost 14 secs !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lost 14 secs !!

Heard Mr. Wallet having a whinge about the clock still running for about 14secs after Moore hit the post and the ball being recalled.

If this is right then someone at the AFL should get a decent foot up the bum. In this age of professionalism, surely there is some technology available that would take the human error out of this !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We will lose the points.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:We will lose the points.
Please delete your post. It will give them ideas !!

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

We should play all our home games at Aurora Stadium. The sirens mighn't work but the clocks do. :lol: :oops: :lol: :wink:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:We will lose the points.
And be given to Freo as compensation for teh 8 seconds they lost last week.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lost 14 secs !!

sooks and whingers

SainterX
Club Player

Nah they will give 2 points to the Kangas and 2 to the Dockers for their troubles LOL

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Bye. 8-)

Seriously though, does anyone else notice that it happens every other week....its just the last two weeks have been close and noticeable.

How f****** hard is it to time a frigging game.

They do it in basketball correctly for petes sake.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone else here find channel 10's "five minute warning" and then not showing how much time is left stoopid?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

In Basketcase the refs tell the timekeepers to reset the clock to whatever time they feel like.

Do we want the maggots to have that much control over the time?

If they can't get their signals right, what are the timekeepers supposed to do?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Does anyone else here find channel 10's "five minute warning" and then not showing how much time is left stoopid?
Very annoying i mean the coaches would no how long is left why can't we no.

It builds more excitement when ur racing the clock

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Why does Ch 10 do it? Because they wanted to be different to Ch 9 all those years ago and ego stops the morons from admitting that it's a stupid idea.

Do the media have the countdown clock? If not, how would they know that the clock kept running? Is it recorded on some other tape? If not, we are never going to know the truth are we?

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

richmond are putting forward a complaint to the AFL.
sooks !!!!

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default ... wsid=59026

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace says the club will "absolutely" be making a complaint to the AFL after it is believed roughly 15 seconds were lost during the dying stages of the Tigers dramatic three-point loss to St Kilda at Telstra Dome on Saturday night

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:richmond are putting forward a complaint to the AFL.
sooks !!!!

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace says the club will "absolutely" be making a complaint to the AFL after it is believed roughly 15 seconds were lost during the dying stages of the Tigers dramatic three-point loss to St Kilda at Telstra Dome on Saturday night
For crying out loud Terry let it go move on do u expect us to hand over the 4 points.

What a waste of time.

battye
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:For crying out loud Terry let it go move on do u expect us to hand over the 4 points.
We've done it before.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

NEWS JUST IN

players will be returning to the game Tuesday night with 14 seconds to play the ball will be bounced at the top of the goal square from where the game left off.

C'MON SAINTS HOLD ON U CAN DO IT

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:NEWS JUST IN

players will be returning to the game Tuesday night with 14 seconds to play the ball will be bounced at the top of the goal square from where the game left off.

i hope we ATTACK, rather than trying to defend our lead.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:NEWS JUST IN

i hope we ATTACK, rather than trying to defend our lead.
Is that serious. i did hear on the way home from he footy that they may replay the last 14 seconds but I really didnt think the AFL would do it.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you can bet your bottom dollar if that was sydney who lost 17 seconds they'd farm us out to do it again, however they don't care about richmond.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

sooks !!!!

Yes, Wallace is squealing. If he had a brain, he would realise that in this case the extra 15 seconds, or whatever, would have made no difference at all. Riewoldt marked the ball and the siren sounded. The time that he took to kick the ball - 30 seconds at least - would normally have been counted off the clock - much more time elapsed that was supposedly lost.

If the ball had been free in the Richmond forward line that would have been a different matter, but if my aunty was a man she'd be my uncle.

Having said that, clocks should be right - and I favor the countdown clock at the game on the screen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
sooks !!!!

Yes, Wallace is squealing. If he had a brain, he would realise that in this case the extra 15 seconds, or whatever, would have made no difference at all. Riewoldt marked the ball and the siren sounded. The time that he took to kick the ball - 30 seconds at least - would normally have been counted off the clock - much more time elapsed that was supposedly lost.

If the ball had been free in the Richmond forward line that would have been a different matter, but if my aunty was a man she'd be my uncle.

Having said that, clocks should be right - and I favor the countdown clock at the game on the screen.

The only problem with what you say is that because the siren rang he had to have a shot. If it didnt ring he may have passed to someone closer.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The only problem with what you say is that because the siren rang he had to have a shot. If it didnt ring he may have passed to someone closer.
Spot on.

I am no defender of Wallet, however I heard the whole presser and what he said made sense. It was more a go at the over officias AFL and their petty please explains and fines for, as Wallace said, "not blowing our noses correctly", but the timekeepers cant stop the clock at such a crucial time of the game.

Riewoldt had to take a shot and couldn't attempt to pass to anyone.

In saying that whe the AFL took the points from us in 2006, their was evidence on YouTube of 8 seconds being wiped off the clock in the final qtr, however everyone just dismissed it.

The AFl and Anderson are incompetent idiots and are shown to be petty tyrants and hypocrites.

Good on Wallace. He is not whinging that it cost them the game, he is whinging about the AFL's incomptence.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Now let me get this clear - the player knows there are only a few seconds left - let's say he knows there are 14 seconds left (which he can't unless there is a screen clock -players get a one minute call from the runner), but with 14 seconds left he was going to pass to someone in the arc which had 30 players in it. Yes, could be. Even then, he would have used at least ten seconds waiting for someone to lead and as he kicked the siren would have sounded. Or, in the fourteen seconds the martians could have landed or an asteroid could have hit the earth and destroyed everyone.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 04 May 2008 9:39am, edited 2 times in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Now let me get this clear - the player knows there are only a few seconds left - let's say he knows there are 14 seconds left (which he can't unless there is a screen clock -players get a one minute call from the runner), but with 14 seconds left he was going to pass to someone in the arc which had 30 players in it. Yes, could be.
Yes may be unlikely, however the fact is he had no option at all. He was over 50 metres from goal on tired legs, would surely have looked for a option. May have kicked it straight to a Saints player of a Tigers player who misses, who knows.

The point Wallet is making which IMHO is a good one, is that 14 secs at such a crucial time is totally unacceptable considering the AFL's petty stance on minor things.

Lance or James??

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:The point Wallet is making which IMHO is a good one, is that 14 secs at such a crucial time is totally unacceptable considering the AFL's petty stance on minor things.
And, if you have read what I wrote I made the exact same point.