saintsational- I'm disappointed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

james rose
Club Player

saintsational- I'm disappointed

A lot of you have been spoiled!

I came on here expecting to read about our win, the character shown, how good Richmond are, the wonders of milne and maybe some constructive points.

instead

I read about how raphs no good, changed need to be made, how we were lucky and generally just an array of bs

some of you need to pull your heads out of your behinds and smile... we never expected to start the season on fire but it is starting to gel alot more...

for once in the last two years... let go of your f'ing brains and have some god damn faith.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: saintsational- I'm disappointed

james rose wrote:A lot of you have been spoiled!

I came on here expecting to read about our win, the character shown, how good Richmond are, the wonders of milne and maybe some constructive points.

instead

I read about how raphs no good, changed need to be made, how we were lucky and generally just an array of bs

some of you need to pull your heads out of your behinds and smile... we never expected to start the season on fire but it is starting to gel alot more...

for once in the last two years... let go of your f'ing brains and have some god damn faith.
:shock: we have just scraped in by shear luck against a side who were in recent history easybeats for us, we have sustained injuries to our stars, we looked like a side that instead of improving seems to be going backwards, I'm sorry mate but I expect a bit more from this player group and found it very hard to come away feeling happy after that win...spoiled??? hardly.as a member of 30 years , spoiled is the last thing that comes to mind, so maybe there are some supporters who should extract their collective heads from their behinds and demand more from the club. Because at this stage we don't look like a side that will play in the finals.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 04 May 2008 12:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

james rose wrote:have some god damn faith.
Hellelujah brother!!

The Tiges had just as much to play for as The Saints. They took it right up to The Hawks last week and they would have 'set' themselves for the game against us.

Although we're still a little bit off our 'A game' I thought we showed some very good signs, and a vast improvement on our previous weeks effort.

I'm pretty confident we can make the 8 and hit the Finals playing our best footy..... and that's what this game is all about.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

thank you, if was not for you and people like joffa boy this blog would be completely full of chicken littles.

a win with our marquee player off for a quarter and a half, with x who had been great up till then off injured, against a side riding the emotions

we battled , we fought , we took the game inch by inch, exactly the things that every one has been wanting the side to show

we were inspired by ball , hayes and banger, we were entertained by 44

we won a game that given the possession we should have lost, it's a great win

good sides win games that they should not always win (eg cats v dockers)

fqf

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:thank you, if was not for you and people like joffa boy this blog would be completely full of chicken littles.

a win with our marquee player off for a quarter and a half, with x who had been great up till then off injured, against a side riding the emotions

we battled , we fought , we took the game inch by inch, exactly the things that every one has been wanting the side to show

we were inspired by ball , hayes and banger, we were entertained by 44

we won a game that given the possession we should have lost, it's a great win

good sides win games that they should not always win (eg cats v dockers)

fqf
luckily there are some Chicken littles out there who want more from the club so that the wearers of rose coloured won't have to spend a life time in mediocrity.

james rose
Club Player

saints d Sydney
saints d Carlton
saints d by western bulldogs
saints d by Geelong
saints d Essendon
saints d by port
saints d Richmond

all that matters is results... they are pretty reasonable results.
don't go into each match and how we played.. no one will next year.
and if you do there are just as many reverse points... the only game we looked out of for the whole match was the port one.

ladder position at this point in time - 5th

^^^ 5th = finals

Richter
SS Life Member

I admit it. I'm one who has lost faith. And I suspect the players have too. We do not look like a team with any swagger or confidence.

Friends of mine who support other clubs called it 18months - I kept believing that we were only a fit team/more tactical coach/luck away from a premiership.

I have lost that belief now. I still think we can make the finals and would be disappointed but not surprised if we don't. As far a flag - we dreaming.

Hope I'm wrong and the team can turn it around in the 2nd half of the year - but I'm not holding my breath - time to rapidly ratchet down expectations.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I admit it. I'm one who has lost faith. And I suspect the players have too. We do not look like a team with any swagger or confidence.

Friends of mine who support other clubs called it 18months - I kept believing that we were only a fit team/more tactical coach/luck away from a premiership.

I have lost that belief now. I still think we can make the finals and would be disappointed but not surprised if we don't. As far a flag - we dreaming.

Hope I'm wrong and the team can turn it around in the 2nd half of the year - but I'm not holding my breath - time to rapidly ratchet down expectations.
this is EXACTLY how i feel........ :?

james rose
Club Player

last night is something you should be holding onto if that's how you feel!

We had Milne who kicked 7 goals- fair swagger there he was even trying to get the crowd fired up after his last!

and

Every other player threw themselves into contests like they haven't in a long while!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its not that i think any one is disagreeing with u.....
its just that we shouldnt have been in the position we were with two minutes left in the game.
if the 17 seconds werent lost by the timekeppers and the tigers had won that game, im sure comments in here would be very very different.

hey im rapt with the win, any win's good but to say everything is honkey dorey when its not is wrong.

bring on the pies.........im starving.

james rose
Club Player

It think we are going okay.. never said everything is fantastic!

but people are acting like we are no hope.. ridiculous

If we had of kicked straight against geelong in the first quarter everyone would still be ranting about how good we are!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

acting like we are 'no hope' is no good......this is footy and anything can happen.

but being logical is logical (:?).
we arent playing as well as we should be.......
turn that around with a demolishing of the pies and ill start to turn the needle on the dial more towards the bit that says 'flag chance'

Richter
SS Life Member

james rose wrote:last night is something you should be holding onto if that's how you feel!

We had Milne who kicked 7 goals- fair swagger there he was even trying to get the crowd fired up after his last!
I know. But at the end it felt like Richmond had lost not that Saint Kilda had won. I usually do a little dance when we win along with the Saint marching in. I didn't last night - it felt like Richmond had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Almost like I was embarassed that we won it at the end!
Every other player threw themselves into contests like they haven't in a long while!
You're kidding right. The Age is reporting us as losing Hard Ball Gets by 66-28 and we were plainly beaten in the hit-outs and clearances. I thought we were very SOFT again last night and really lacked the desperation for the footy that the Tigers showed.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Every time the ball was bounced in the middle I just expected Richmond to take it away.....everytime.

james rose
Club Player

57 tackles - 42

doesn't look too bad to me

1 % 52-32

defiantly not poor

both stats stkilda won

I don't know what the exact definition of contested possession is but I do know its not the only measure of hardness

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote: The Age is reporting us as losing Hard Ball Gets by 66-28 and we were plainly beaten in the hit-outs and clearances. .
:shock:
great...hadnt seen the stats yet but that hard ball gets one is not good.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Richter wrote:I admit it. I'm one who has lost faith. And I suspect the players have too. We do not look like a team with any swagger or confidence.

Hope I'm wrong and the team can turn it around in the 2nd half of the
year - but I'm not holding my breath - time to rapidly ratchet down expectations.
this is EXACTLY how i feel........ :?

me too, sadly.

i've lost faith in this coaching panel to get the best out of this list.

we're way too unadventurous and "safe" to be pressing for the flag.

it makes me sad to think that a team of boys was able to get into two consecutive preliminary finals, but as men they don't look like getting near it.

where is the spark? where is the daring?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:57 tackles - 42

doesn't look too bad to me

1 % 52-32

defiantly not poor

both stats stkilda won

I don't know what the exact definition of contested possession is but I do know its not the only measure of hardness
Our tackles were pathetic. None of them stuck.

Evidence those stats mean nothing.

*Thats because your looking at some numbers, not the actual tackles.

james rose
Club Player

ineffective tackles don't get recorded

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
james rose wrote:A lot of you have been spoiled!

instead

:shock: we have just scraped in by shear luck against a side who were in recent history easybeats for us, we have sustained injuries to our stars, we looked like a side that instead of improving seems to be going backwards, I'm sorry mate but I expect a bit more from this player group and found it very hard to come away feeling happy after that win...spoiled??? hardly.as a member of 30 years , spoiled is the last thing that comes to mind, so maybe there are some supporters who should extract their collective heads from their behinds and demand more from the club. Because at this stage we don't look like a side that will play in the finals.
:wink: Some people on here must forget the scoreline and the method of the game once the siren goes....
...Do people actually remember winning by less than a kick?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:ineffective tackles don't get recorded
Does it show the amount of tackling opportunities that existed?

Because if it doesn't, 57 tackles doesn't look too good against say 150 opportunities to tackle.

In effect that stats mean that we laid 57 tackles. Doesn't tell us how many were misses. Doesn't highlight how many stuck. Doesn't outline how many still allowed the Richmond player to correctly and effectively dispose of the ball.

In effect, those stats mean nothing. Anyone that had watched the game, would know that our tackling was near pathetic.

james rose
Club Player

I didn't look to the age for my opinion... I already had mine then looked up the numbers to support my opinion.

james rose
Club Player

I watched the game.
I was at the game.
As I am every week in Melbourne.
I thought our tackling was good.
I thought the result was good.
I acknowledge there are improvements required.
I am a happy person.
You mustn't be.
Maybe if you sort that out.
You'll stop being so damn negative!

but anyway on tackles being recorded, I can't find the definition for some reason but from memory if it doesn't 'stick' its not classed as effective thus 57 must of stuck!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:I watched the game.
I was at the game.
As I am every week in Melbourne.
I thought our tackling was good.
I thought the result was good.
I acknowledge there are improvements required.
I am a happy person.
You mustn't be.
Maybe if you sort that out.
You'll stop being so damn negative!

but anyway on tackles being recorded, I can't find the definition for some reason but from memory if it doesn't 'stick' its not classed as effective thus 57 must of stuck!
being happy with mediocrity is ok for some.

james rose
Club Player

good to see you have learned the party line from the Carlton supporters fireman. we should all aspire to be more like you!

I don't think of last nights performance as mediocre, Richmond took some massive risks with there movement of the ball, it paid off... but we hurt them when they made mistakes, we busted our nuts and we kicked a winning score with two men on the interchange in the last quater!

all in all more to be happy about than sad.