Official Team - INS and OUTS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

baker would play surely...if he is named for the 2's surely he would be sweet to get through a game in the 1's

unless his injury has something to do with travelling by plane or something

yep...no idea as per usual...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Blake did a good job on Cloke, He can man Bradshaw or Brennan..
Jason Blake on Daniel Bradshaw...

Hopefully I'll be hitting over the abyss on the 2nd at The National when that happens.

He could break Fanning's record.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Blake on Brown ?

milney044
Club Player

bergsone wrote:
Blake on Brown ?
Is that a joke?

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Forget about freeing up Sam Fisher, we MUST play our best two key defenders on Bradshaw and Brown this week. No tricks with Blake.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

milney044 wrote:
bergsone wrote:
Blake on Brown ?
Is that a joke?
pwnd by milney044 - that one should go in the Saintsational archives.
SaintBot wrote:No tricks with Blake
Amen. Nice sig, too.

We seem to risk winning to lose.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Blake was ok last week and can match up ok against some of the taller Brisbane options.

Throwing Allen down back when he barely knows where that is borders on changes for changes sake...

Like to see some run this week and hope Fergs takes his chance as that medium type fwd.

“Yeah….nah””
Sam23
SS Life Member

Blake to Bradshaw imo.

Did a great job on Cloke last week and it would be a waste having Chips deep, put Chips on Brennan

Goddard.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Geez somethin for everyone. Raph out, Chuckie out, Roo in Ferguson in.

May be a ban on players reading these forums but looks like Ross Lyon is taking heed of all the sage and well thought out advice :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Geez somethin for everyone. Raph out, Chuckie out, Roo in Ferguson in.

May be a ban on players reading these forums but looks like Ross Lyon is taking heed of all the sage and well thought out advice :roll:
Everyones bar Dodges/Jeff's who want him sacked. :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Geez somethin for everyone. Raph out, Chuckie out, Roo in Ferguson in.

Everyones bar Dodges/Jeff's who want him sacked. :lol:
lol - hope he took his holidays :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

A few points:

Allen has had little practice of playing back. Whether as a KPP or as a loose man playing him there would be suicide.

If you want a loose man...then why would you not use BJ???...he is VERY GOOD at this role.

Las week Blake beat T Cloke...who had been in good firm. I am not known as Blakes' No 1 fan....but as a tall defender at this point in time Blake is amuch better option than Allen.

Anyway Allen has not been selected.

Now look at who we are playing......The Lions. There defence has ample tallish defendrs. There weakness is small defenders. So it makes sence to not go too tall ad try and exploit this.

Play all of Kosi, MEcvoy, King and Gardi????
Many on this forum have been critical of the saints for not running out games. Stocking the team too full of TALLs is not going to help us to run out games.

Roo on a wing.

1/ The guy is coming back with tendonitis in one knee....and the other not 100%....and some want to put him ona wing were he would have to run and run???? not to mention that with reduced traing for a few weeks his aerobic capacity would have dipped.

2/ Did our forward line look that flash last week that we can afford to play our best tall forward not in it?

Lastly
With our ins vs outs...this is a much better team than last week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Blakes effort from last week is overlooked here because his name is Blake..

Once a whipping boy.......................

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

theres a fair difference between Cloke and Bradshaw.....

Cloke is medicore, Bradshaw is a star

Max on Bradshaw

Sam on Brown

Gram and BJ can do the rebounding

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:theres a fair difference between Cloke and Bradshaw.....

Cloke is medicore, Bradshaw is a star

Max on Bradshaw

Sam on Brown

Gram and BJ can do the rebounding
Agree with your matchups DUD...if they don't work switch them 8-)

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

What makes people think Fisher would do any better than Blake on Brown? Fisher has quite frequently allowed his opponent plenty of influence when he's played as a key back.

I'd play Blake on Bradshaw and have Hudghton take Brown inside 50. If he goes up the ground, Fisher can follow him and Max can drop back onto Bradshaw. Effectively doublt-team Brown if he's I50. If he's not, Bradshaw gets the double-team.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
S.A Saint
Club Player

Blake always gets bagged on this forum. imo he plays his best footy when he is given strict instructions to play on someone and not to worry about doing anything else just shutting down his man. However when he isn't given a set task he seems to struggle and make many mistakes. Of all the games he has played he looks far more comfortable with strict instructions rather than just playing his own game.

thoughts?

S.A Saint
Club Player

with that in mind i say give him the job on brown and if things start going bad switch chips or max on him or maybe double team him as vacuous space mentioned.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:Of all the games he has played he looks far more comfortable with strict instructions rather than just playing his own game.
thoughts?
he follows instructions to the letter. in the absence of goose i'd probably give blake the job on brown.

apart from max it is not as if we have too many stand-out candidates for the job. s. fisher, i feel, would be badly outstrengthed.

having said that, if brown is in any sort of form he is likely to smash all-comers.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:1/ The guy is coming back with tendonitis in one knee....and the other not 100%....and some want to put him ona wing were he would have to run and run???? not to mention that with reduced traing for a few weeks his aerobic capacity would have dipped.

2/ Did our forward line look that flash last week that we can afford to play our best tall forward not in it?
1/ well wait until his knee's a bit better then. though it is a fair question to ask should he be out there at all if he is not fit? in any case he's more likely to re-injure one of those knees by being tunnelled in a forward marking contest or sandwiched between two of his three opponents if played forward.

2/ has our forward line looked that flash this season with riewoldt in it?
often we are way too focussed on him and waste opportunities by looking for him when he's got two or three on him.

i'd have perhaps tried allen at chf and kosi deep and given roo the licence to roam. i've a feeling this would not even effect his goals output and, who knows, might be the sort of move that could help turn our season around.

perhaps this isn't the week to do it but we're going nowhere fast atm and there's nothing much i've seen to indicate that things are going to improve. but i guess it only takes one good win (such as this week) to put a bit of spring back in the step.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 23 May 2008 3:16am, edited 4 times in total.

karnak
Club Player

start Kosi at CHB,

go with a short mobile forward line with Roo as Full Forward. (always got Gardner whilst kingy rucking)

soon as Kosi gets into the game on the half back line, then switch him forward and put Roo on the wing. Moving Blake onto Brown.

just my thoughts. but Kosi to start on Brown imo.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:Blake always gets bagged on this forum. imo he plays his best footy when he is given strict instructions to play on someone and not to worry about doing anything else just shutting down his man. However when he isn't given a set task he seems to struggle and make many mistakes. Of all the games he has played he looks far more comfortable with strict instructions rather than just playing his own game.

thoughts?
Bradshaw is an old style full forward, he's not gonna be roaming up the ground, he would slaughter Blake in the forward line, as Blakes strength is his arobic capacity, not his defending

Bradshaw isn't coming 3rd in the coleman on luck......

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
S.A Saint
Club Player

Bradshaw is an old style full forward, he's not gonna be roaming up the ground, he would slaughter Blake in the forward line, as Blakes strength is his arobic capacity, not his defending

Bradshaw isn't coming 3rd in the coleman on luck......[quote]

i never said in my post that he goes with bradshaw. I clearly stated that he should have the job on brown like he done against travis cloke. i believe they are similar types of palyers and cloke was in some form leading up to our match against pies. brown in not playing all that well atm.

max to bradshaw
blake to brown with help from chip or and other defender when in contested situation.[/quote]

S.A Saint
Club Player

sorry about the post not sure how the use the referencing thing...

But yeah you no what i mean

spert
Saintsational Legend

I expect Kozi will be played on Brown, as he is one of the few players we have who can take a strong contested mark (but hasn't done it much this year). Against the Lions, we need a hard running strong bodied team. the big worry for me is our poor record so far in winning one-on-one contests, so the some guys better start putting their bodes in this week.