Saints V Brisbane Match Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Newman wrote:Ok - unhappy all day ..... BUT at least they kicked 8 for the quarter.
Don't even start with that sh*t Newman. "At least they kicked 8 for the quarter." Completely and utterly meaningless. Another high stakes game and another failure. You can look for a silver lining if it makes you feel better, but I just feel gutted. Pathetic. Weak as piss. Sub-standard.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Like I said to a mate a few minutes earlier:

yes we kicked 8 for the last quarter... hooray.

Only reason we had a sniff in the 4th, is because Brisbane had already packed up and were filing onto the team bus!

kos
Club Player

wait for the press confrence, it ill go something like this "i thought we were poor for 3 quarters, but we had a crack in the last. we just need to put 4 quarters together."
Next week it will be "we are struggling, yeah were 4-5 and well melbourne there 1-8, so i guess they they would rather be in our position"

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Fiora's last game you would expect
I certainly bloody hope so. Total softc*ck. Not worth a pinch of sh*t in pressure situations. Had so many chances and continues to be less than mediocre.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Like I said to a mate a few minutes earlier:

yes we kicked 8 for the last quarter... hooray.

Only reason we had a sniff in the 4th, is because Brisbane had already packed up and were filing onto the team bus!
Yup right on. Brisbane had turned it up = still kicked five against the insipid Saints.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergsone
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
I certainly bloody hope so. Total softc*ck. Not worth a pinch of sh*t in pressure situations. Had so many chances and continues to be less than mediocre.
And he plays in front of Armitage can someone explain that to me

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:wait for the press confrence, it ill go something like this "i thought we were poor for 3 quarters, but we had a crack in the last. we just need to put 4 quarters together."
Next week it will be "we are struggling, yeah were 4-5 and well melbourne there 1-8, so i guess they they would rather be in our position"
Only three posts my friend but you have taken the words straight out of my mouth!!!!!

Great work....."yeh we are 4-5. Our tackles wern't great. We'll work on that during the week"

Seriously....Does it seem like Lyon works only on the one thing that let us down the previous week??? We come out addressing that the next, and something else lets us down.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Well said Kos and Spinner. Right on the money.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
st.byron wrote:
And he plays in front of Armitage can someone explain that to me
I know. An unbelievable selection decision.

Newman
Club Player

Hey St Byron ... yeah you're right. It was still a PATHETIC HOPELESS effort.

You knwo the sad thing ... if you checked the record books I'd say the last time we kicked 8 goals in a 1/4 at the gabba was when Lockett played.

When I'd been to games at Gabba and we lost badly .... I used to pray - at least kick 3 or 4 goals in last 1/4 for us Saints fans - and they rarely did. At least for the Saints Qld fans that see them one ce a year they could have something to cheer about .... but not much consolation

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
kos wrote:wait for the press confrence, it ill go something like this "i thought we were poor for 3 quarters, but we had a crack in the last. we just need to put 4 quarters together."
Only three posts my friend but you have taken the words straight out of my mouth!!!!!

Great work....."yeh we are 4-5. Our tackles wern't great. We'll work on that during the week"

Seriously....Does it seem like Lyon works only on the one thing that let us down the previous week??? We come out addressing that the next, and something else lets us down.
yep, he's about as inspiring as one of those huge blow up guys with wobbly arms that get put out the front of tyre marts. All hot air and no substance.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Newman wrote:Hey St Byron ... yeah you're right. It was still a PATHETIC HOPELESS effort.

You knwo the sad thing ... if you checked the record books I'd say the last time we kicked 8 goals in a 1/4 at the gabba was when Lockett played.

When I'd been to games at Gabba and we lost badly .... I used to pray - at least kick 3 or 4 goals in last 1/4 for us Saints fans - and they rarely did. At least for the Saints Qld fans that see them one ce a year they could have something to cheer about .... but not much consolation
yeh fair enough Newman. Not really having a crack at you. Just pissed off to the max with such a pathetic effort. When it mattered they were just bloody awful. No hunger, no cohesion, appalling errors, no confidence. Really wondering about Lyon.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Too bad they couldn't drop the coach back to Casey for a couple of weeks to work on his gameplan and promote Hutchison.He'd probably bring in some of the younger players at Casey and change the dynamic of the team....

The way we are playing we will certainly lose the high number of games we have on free to air in next year's allocation,we'll be down to around the 10 mark.I wonder how Jeld Wen are feeling right now........

I wonder if Reiwoldt is starting to waver with his resolve to stay a Saint for his entire career,he could end up at the Gold Coast in a couple of years,especially if we are following the usual pattern,up for a couple of years and then head back to the bottom and start again....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Otiman wrote:
evertonfc wrote:C Jones - The ultimate 'I'll run hard when someone else has it' player. Gone.
Blake - ROFLcopter.
Both playing well, actually doing the jobs asked of them.
Yep agree, just got back from the game, CJ & Blake both played well, and are NOT our problem.

Seeya
ratismeat
Club Player

Don't usually kick them while they're down but just got back from drinks so -
What a bunch of weak minded, second rate, passionless, VFL-standard, tanking, choking, pathetic, sickening losers.
Good luck next week sainters... :evil:

ratismeat
Club Player

Ahh,,,, that helped cooled down a bit now. A team is never likely to be sucessful with five decent players well done Harves, Max, Lenny, Ball and Roo.