time to be honest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

time to be honest

roo to be honest & stand down as capt...presents presents presents takes the odd good grab spends 1/2 his time out of the play cause he's lying on the ground or bundled out of contests like a rag doll...hayes for capt

fiora be honest if ever selected again...just say sorry ross i cant play cause i'm a shiela

schnieder,dempster,king,c.gardiner...be honest say thanks for the money but we dont deserve it,give it to someone who does

gram ..as above

lyon be honest...i'm not a coaches arzehole ,never wanted the job never applied for the job its just that wallsy & me decided we'd split 1/2 mill bucks a yr for the fun of it

burkie & thommo...as football directors its your roll to make sure the club doesnt go down the gurgler...if someones dragging us down (lyon) pyss em off

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

that goo of a day hey rog??

serioulsy i listened to the game being called by the birssy lions supporter base (aka grandstand football) an i must admit we sound boring we look boring we are boreing when we win its a boring slog and when we lose its a boring flog !!!
i must admit i didnt have high hopes for today cause it was always going to be a hard task up at the gabba so im not hurting that much but now is the time to look honestly at the team and what chance do we have to win the flag this year in all honesty the flag is further away today as it was in 98 we need to rebuild . im not saying to sack lyon cause that just a typical stkilda thing to do to sack the coach but we need to look at what RL and his game plan bring to our tallent and honestly not a heck of alot RL needs to change his vission of the way St Kilda should play footy .

hard choices need to be made and planning for the future is parramount this year and next are going to be the worse times to be mid table we are currently a 8th-12 placed team and we are sliding slowly lets speed up the slide to get the quicker rise .

Maxy and harves are great servants to the club but lets be honest we are not going to give them the flag they always wanted its time to look at the list and see who is not going to help us win a flag and they need to be moved on . we MUST get some excitement back to the club ...in the eightys and early 90's we were pathetic and barely won a game but we had excitment machines in the team that would put bums on seats at the moment we are not nearly as bad on feild as we were then but... how many ppl get excited by our team ??? we need to take the risk play from the heart .. heck we may lose but at least we will have some excitement

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Re: time to be honest

rogerwa wrote:roo to be honest & stand down as capt...presents presents presents takes the odd good grab spends 1/2 his time out of the play cause he's lying on the ground or bundled out of contests like a rag doll...hayes for capt
please Rog, don't act like a tool, your better than that....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

15 yrds out dead in front when the games red hot both teams trying to take control...misses the ball goes stright down the other end the bears goal ,2 gl turn around

look at brown,pavelich,franklin,mooney,bradshaw,hall or any other 1/2 doz key forwards they rarely get brushed aside,run under the ball or get bundled over...ya gotta hold your feet,once you hit the ground your outer the play & away they go

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

rog your over critical of our boy . Roo does a fine job the delivery sucks and the umpireing interpritations suck brown buddy and pav would do no better if they played for us

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Fred Fishley

Roeys got as much strength (when he's getting bodied) as my 95yr old granmother why can't RL try something different and get him up onto a wing he 's got a big engine if Richo can do it i'd like to think Roey could play that role 10 times better.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:15 yrds out dead in front when the games red hot both teams trying to take control...misses the ball goes stright down the other end the bears goal ,2 gl turn around

look at brown,pavelich,franklin,mooney,bradshaw,hall or any other 1/2 doz key forwards they rarely get brushed aside,run under the ball or get bundled over...ya gotta hold your feet,once you hit the ground your outer the play & away they go
i believe what actually happened was they then kicked a point, which was followed by us easuly running the ball down the ground for another attack, when BALL tried to be fancy and turned the ball over, with the lions then kicking a goal

oh, but its Roo's fault?

who are we gonna replace him with? Lenny, who missed to gimme goals against Collingwood....? or does only Roo missing count...?

Roo does a fantastic job with what he is given from the gameplan and the rest of the team

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:rog your over critical of our boy . Roo does a fine job the delivery sucks and the umpireing interpritations suck brown buddy and pav would do no better if they played for us
Yeah they would, at least when they marked the ball and lined up for goal they might actually kick it thru the big sticks

Rooeys kicking in front of goal is getting WORSE.
Add Gram to that list as well, he has zero confidence at the moment.

Half the team needs to wake up, we are going down hill and heading there fast. We have the new clubs joining the comp and will be taking all the picks, the picks we will need because we will be near the bottom if not bottm in the next 2 to 3 years.

I have sat here week in week out, sticking up for the club saying we will improve, well ENOUGH is ENOUGH ... its time to wake up because we are going no where.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:rog your over critical of our boy . Roo does a fine job the delivery sucks and the umpireing interpritations suck brown buddy and pav would do no better if they played for us
Yeah they would, at least when they marked the ball and lined up for goal they might actually kick it thru the big sticks

Rooeys kicking in front of goal is getting WORSE.
Add Gram to that list as well, he has zero confidence at the moment.

Half the team needs to wake up, we are going down hill and heading there fast. We have the new clubs joining the comp and will be taking all the picks, the picks we will need because we will be near the bottom if not bottm in the next 2 to 3 years.

I have sat here week in week out, sticking up for the club saying we will improve, well ENOUGH is ENOUGH ... its time to wake up because we are going no where.
crap buddy would of sprayed the kick out of bounds and Pav would of hit the post !!! lets look at it 2 games this season have been lost by pav hitting the post but still hes a better kick the roo :roll: buddy kick 2goals 8 but hes a better kick then Roo :roll: we are over critical on Roo

as for Gram :roll: :roll: :roll: i feel like starting a petition to get the number 1 jumper off his back ... he sickens me that he gets a game for the saints !!! franky peckett should go and give him a good slap around for tarnishing the No. 1 jumper . drop him to the under 9 girls netball comp to gain so toughness !!!

starsign
Club Player

don't worry all , we are on the right track and heading in the right direction for top draft picks before the new system comes in .....and the best thing of all is we don't have to tank! or unlikely to be accused thereof.
If we can go down to the Dees next week it should be smooth sailing from then on till September

Godown Sainters!

Zippy
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: as for Gram :roll: :roll: :roll: i feel like starting a petition to get the number 1 jumper off his back ... he sickens me that he gets a game for the saints !!! franky peckett should go and give him a good slap around for tarnishing the No. 1 jumper . drop him to the under 9 girls netball comp to gain so toughness !!!
He was AA calibre a couple of years ago. What's changed? He, just like a fair chunk of our list, is just plain unmotivated and uncertain.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Zippy wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: as for Gram :roll: :roll: :roll: i feel like starting a petition to get the number 1 jumper off his back ... he sickens me that he gets a game for the saints !!! franky peckett should go and give him a good slap around for tarnishing the No. 1 jumper . drop him to the under 9 girls netball comp to gain so toughness !!!
He was AA calibre a couple of years ago. What's changed? He, just like a fair chunk of our list, is just plain unmotivated and uncertain.
yeah playing a loose man in defence with his direct opponent trying to keep away from him all game its easy to dominate possesions and get cheep kicks but now coaches know hes as soft as butter and will not tackle .....hes best was passable but his average is below par !!!!

congorozides
Club Player

rogerwa wrote:roo to be honest & stand down as capt...presents presents presents takes the odd good grab spends 1/2 his time out of the play cause he's lying on the ground or bundled out of contests like a rag doll...hayes for capt

fiora be honest if ever selected again...just say sorry ross i cant play cause i'm a shiela

schnieder,dempster,king,c.gardiner...be honest say thanks for the money but we dont deserve it,give it to someone who does

gram ..as above

lyon be honest...i'm not a coaches arzehole ,never wanted the job never applied for the job its just that wallsy & me decided we'd split 1/2 mill bucks a yr for the fun of it

burkie & thommo...as football directors its your roll to make sure the club doesnt go down the gurgler...if someones dragging us down (lyon) pyss em off
agree. to all the "true supporters" on this forum who keep telling us keep the faith and we are going to "click" any minute. stop dreaming.

i blame wallsy. the guy is a drop-kick with no personality. a complete old fashioned bore. and he has gone out and got two bores/clones of himself installed as coaches. modern day players simply dont response to bores. RL has been so conservative. has tried nothing new in 2 years. no new moves or re-inventing of any players in new positions. just same old, same old. a coach needs some charisma as well as the tactical nous. the players are simply bored shitless of this guy. he doesnt inspire at all. wallsy has been talking up RL and Dean Bailey all year. and to no avial wallsy!. Both boring blokes. Both not coaches arseholes in this century. maybe in the 70's...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote:

gram ..as above

agree. to all the "true supporters" on this forum who keep telling us keep the faith and we are going to "click" any minute. stop dreaming.

i blame wallsy. the guy is a drop-kick with no personality. a complete old fashioned bore. and he has gone out and got two bores/clones of himself installed as coaches. now modern day players simply dont response to bores. RL has been so consrvative. has tried nothing new in 2 years. not moves or re-invented any playres. just same old
a coach needs some charisma as well as the tactical nous. the players are simply bored shitless of this guy. he doesnt inspire at all. wallsy has been talking up RL and Dean Bailey. Both boring blokes. Both not coaches arseholes in this century. maybe in the 70's...
Yep blame Walls. He must have had something over RB to demand he is in charge of recruiting our coach. Yep we had no say in it all.

santazzi
Club Player

I do not think Roger WA is being too critical ...he is just trying to make sense of a crazy situation that is going on with our beloved saints..........I feel there is much trouble ...........much "things that do not add up" ........at Moorabin...........but I have no idea of what it is....................our performance cannot really be explained the way we have been trying to like game plan...coach..team selection.............etc

By the way what are our specialized assistant coaches doing.....I have not seen much critique of the forward, midfield, back and ruck coaches......should they not be helping the senior coach....??