This week I would drop 7!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

This week I would drop 7!

Last week I said I would drop six.....and copped a hiding....

Least if we lost by 46 with some......different players, I could cop that.....but 46 points with Ross's favs.....really pissed me off....WEAK AS WATER!

This week - SEVEN!!!!!

Out:
Fiora - gave him a last chance, OK, but.....huge failure
Dempster - not very good....
Gram - still needs a rest
L.Fisher - Struggling
Schneider - his last two weeks have been DISGRACEFUL!
Jones - Skill level
One of the ruckman - start developing McEvoy

Ins:
Armitage for Fiora
McQualter for Schneider
Ferguson for L.Fisher
Howard (X.Clarke) for Gram
Baker for Dempster
Gwilt (another go) for Jones
McEvoy for King/Gardner

B: S.FISHER - M.HUDGHTON - BAKER
HB: GODDARD - BLAKE - GEARY
C: GWILT - BALL - HARVEY
HF: BIRSS - REIWOLDT - McQUALTER
F: FERGUSON - KOSCHITZKE - MILNE
FOLL: GARDNER/KING - HAYES - MONTAGNA
INT: ARMITAGE - HOWARD (X.CLARKE) - McEVOY - DAL SANTO
EMERG: STEVEN - ALLEN - JONES or L.FISHER

Send a message with a SLEDGEHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Is that all?

Only seven?

Jeez BigMart not half as reactionary, panicked, or hysterical as the Saintsational standard demands.

Seven, - pfft, I would drop 12 (including the waterboy and Kenny Wiffen).

Now that is the type of post requied here, not some measured and pretty sensible post that you just served up.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure we will make 7 changes but after what RL said about physically & mentally soft I'll be very interested in the OUTS this week. I'll also make a mental note and try to remember come de-listing time !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No more than 4 changes this week after all the Scorps lost to a side who havent even got any AFL players on their list but because we dont see how bad they played they are automatically better then the people playing in a far better competition.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Yep. A good example being that McQualter is classed as being in the elite in that comp, being rewarded with a state jumper !!

Buckets
SS Life Member

Would be amazed if they were to drop 7...but then again stranger things have happened!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Very interesting that you are dropping CJ because of his skill level yet Blake who has an equally bad skill level keeps his position in the 22.

CJ offers us a great deal of aggressive pressure that most of the other players can't/won't give. He is far more valuable to us in the forward line putting pressure on the ball coming out than the like of Milne the jogs behind the ball and also that gives away dumb free kicks deep in our forward 50 after we have taken an eternity to get the ball the their. Even if CJ's disposal isn't good it is getting better and he give us much more defensive pressure ala Hamill on the ground making him a valuable player. Blake is a handy player provided he never touches the ball, once he gets his hands on the leather he has to think and that is not he great strength. The opposition take a risk and kick it to him knowing they will have it back if he kicks it.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Jones can chase people around in circles like a blue heeler all day......he is not up to standard....

neither is Blake......difference being that Blake is 6'3" and is needed to play as a key back....we have ZERO other choices....Gilbert/Maguire are both out injured.....Allen is too raw and a Forward...and Rix is worse than Blake (Just) as a Key Back

With Jones....we have a couple of mids/small fwds who may go OK at AFL level....to give a shot to....

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Marto

I usually agree with most you say but I am going to disagree on this one.

Schneider needs to be in a forward pocket along with Milne at Kosi's feet. Like Milne he is most damaging at the fall of the ball and these two goal sneaks should be working in tandem and creating opposition match up nightmares.

Jones needs to be retained for his hardness and pressure - if there was better available I would agree. If Milne or Schneider fail to chase or lay a tackle they have to know Jones is ready to come on and create pressure and help spill the pill through chasing and tackling.

Blake has to go - he is a back ups for back ups and offers nothing himself. A back up ruck. A back up tall defender. A back up tall tagger.

L. Fisher is borderline but if played in the back half should be retained.

B: L. FISHER - M.HUDGHTON - McQUALTER
HB: GODDARD - S.FISHER - GEARY
C: DAL SANTO - BALL - HARVEY
HF: FERGUSON - REIWOLDT - BIRSS
F: SCHNEIDER - KOSCHITZKE - MILNE
FOLL: KING - HAYES - MONTAGNA
INT: ARMITAGE - M. GARDINER - BAKER - C. JONES

Ferguson and Goddard could rotate.

IN: Armitage, McQualter, Ferguson, Baker
OUT: Fiora, Gram, Dempster, Blake

ALSO

We have to stop the tactical obsession with creating a loose man in defence. AFL sides have worked out this tactic and have mode it ineffective. We perservere and the opposition prospers. Go man on man.
Create the loose man by playing on quickly, running hard to receive via hand and foot ... rather than manufacture some structural freedom that can be planned against.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

We have to stop the tactical obsession with creating a loose man in defence. AFL sides have worked out this tactic and have mode it ineffective. We perservere and the opposition prospers. Go man on man.
Create the loose man by playing on quickly, running hard to receive via hand and foot ... rather than manufacture some structural freedom that can be planned against.
Got it in one my good man..could not have said it better myself

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Washedup
Club Player

Re: This week I would drop 7!

BigMart wrote:Last week I said I would drop six.....and copped a hiding....

Least if we lost by 46 with some......different players, I could cop that.....but 46 points with Ross's favs.....really pissed me off....WEAK AS WATER!

This week - SEVEN!!!!!

Out:
Fiora - gave him a last chance, OK, but.....huge failure
Dempster - not very good....
Gram - still needs a rest
L.Fisher - Struggling
Schneider - his last two weeks have been DISGRACEFUL!
Jones - Skill level
One of the ruckman - start developing McEvoy

Ins:
Armitage for Fiora
McQualter for Schneider
Ferguson for L.Fisher
Howard (X.Clarke) for Gram
Baker for Dempster
Gwilt (another go) for Jones
McEvoy for King/Gardner

B: S.FISHER - M.HUDGHTON - BAKER
HB: GODDARD - BLAKE - GEARY
C: GWILT - BALL - HARVEY
HF: BIRSS - REIWOLDT - McQUALTER
F: FERGUSON - KOSCHITZKE - MILNE
FOLL: GARDNER/KING - HAYES - MONTAGNA
INT: ARMITAGE - HOWARD (X.CLARKE) - McEVOY - DAL SANTO
EMERG: STEVEN - ALLEN - JONES or L.FISHER

Send a message with a SLEDGEHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post makes me laugh a little, last week you were calling for Fiora and Jones to be included now you want them out. Fiora hadn't done a thing all season so didn't deserve a game in the first place. Now you are saying Jones should be out because his skill level isn't up to standard.
Did it take you up until this weekend to work that out?
You have constantly said Howard is never going to make it, why the change of opinion now?
Surely we are wasting our time giving token games to someone making up the numbers on our list, or are you saying you were wrong about him?

Jaz
Club Player

I would drop:
Fiora
L. Fisher
Blake

Bring in:
Armatage
McEvoy
Baker

Fiora is finished, fisher is just a back pocket and can't play midfield. Whenever he is in the middle we get smashed. Blake is a honest player but he is not good enough to be a premiership player which is what we should be developing.

I would play McEvoy in the forward pocket, then just give him a couple of 5 min bursts in the ruck to ease him into it. Has played forward a bit over the last 2 years so we should develop this part of his game as well so he could be another option up forward if our forward line is not working.

Hopefully Allen can improve and when/ if he is ready then i would put him FF and move koszi to CHB. His best games have all been at CHB and we saw again yesterday that as good as Sam Fisher is, he is not big enough for the so called "power forwards"

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne dont have power forwards ... we play them this week.

Kosi to CHB was the right move LAST week.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Winmarvellous
Club Player

As long as Gram is out I'll be a happy man. Seriously out of form, and I don't care who comes in for him. I'd rather Fiora, thery're about as hard as each other, but Fiona can kick.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

OUT: Dempster, Jones, Blake, Gram, L.Fisher, Fiora
IN: Ferguson, Armitage, Gwilt, Howard, Baker, Steven

B: Gwilt, Hudghton, Geary
HB: Howard, S.Fisher, Goddard
C: Harvey, Hayes, Montagna
HF: Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Birss
F: Schneider, Koschitzke, Milne

Foll: M.Gardiner, Ball, Armitage
Int: Baker, Ferguson, King, Steven

Emg: McQualter, McEvoy, Allen

Last chance for Ferguson and Gwilt. Blood Steven, give Howard some time and continue to give Geary and Armo experience.

Kick it in long and quickly to Kosi with Schneider and Milne both looking for crumbs. Aim for 8 goals between those 3.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

B- L Fisher M.HUDGHTON Geary
HB- B Goddard S Fisher Gram
C- Dal Santo Ball Baker
HF- Ferguson Riewoldt Schneider
F- Milne Kosi Birss
R- King Hayes Montagna
INT- M Gardiner Armitage Fiora Blake

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

This is the week to do it against Melbourne.

I agree with you BigMart 7 changes seems about right.

Send a message.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

even i can't defend gram anymore, he has been despicable.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
JeffDunne

I don't see much point bringing in players that haven't played seniors for a while on a 'last chance'.

Bring them in by all means but at least have a decent look at what they can contribute. The players they'd be replacing have had plenty of opportunities to prove themselves and they haven't, so I see little point in falling back on that option after giving these blokes one game.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who has had one game JeffDunne?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
jill
Club Player

Fiora only kept on list as reward for his ONLY good season - 2007 - has shown NOTHING this year!!! Delist!
Gram has had a 2 year contract renewed while (apart from pre-season cup) doing nothing - PUT REAL PRESSURE ON & REWARD THE KIDS WHO ARE PUTTING UP THEIR HANDS AT CASEY -PUT SOME ENTHUSIASM & EXCITEMENT OUT ON THE GROUND!!! NOTHING TO LOSE NOW!!! & WOULD RATHER HAVE C JONES OUT THERE STUFFING UP THAN SOME OF OUR SO-CALLED STARS!!!!!
Give Ferguson a genuine go at the position he was originally recruited as - a FORWARD & in spite of all his knockers let Raph just run,play ,create!!
AND GO BEN!!

JeffDunne

Bernard Shakey wrote:Who has had one game JeffDunne?
I was refering to the "last chance" comments in regards to bringing players back.

Jaz
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:Melbourne dont have power forwards ... we play them this week.

Kosi to CHB was the right move LAST week.
I didn't say this week, I said when Allen was ready which will at least a month or more.

Also would love to drop gram but don't know if we have anyone better only ones that deserve a spot on form are gwilt, fergusson and mcqualter who I thought had all played their last games of AFL footy.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

DROP
dempster ( he isnt that great) make him earn his spot.
schneider(poor form hes a good player needs to regain the form)
Gram(poor form perhaps injured?)

ins,
Baker, (should be a instant in if fit)
allen(give him a chance stkilda!)
Armo(shouldnt have been dropped)
Charlie gardiner( he is good give him a chance)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hey D***head.....its not about who comes in....the POINT I am making is who goes OUT......

Its about sending a message to the rest of the team.......if you look, I have bought in every fit player from Casey....including Gwilt.....

We will not improve without some comfortable players copping a whack...