Nick Riewoldt .... no more excuses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Craw
Club Player

Nick Riewoldt .... no more excuses

The agenda has been set….the coach is not going….no more excuses.

Nick Riewoldt, you are the captain of the St Kilda football side. Now is the time to show us what you are made of.

Are you a leader of men or a man that is just lead.

It is now up to you to show the club, the supporters, the football world whether you have got the metal, the grunt, the balls and the character to lead the team out of the wilderness. Now is the time to stand up and be counted, to lead by example. Now is the time for greatness, to write history, to be a captain, a champion captain, a premiership captain.

Make your choice Nick Riewoldt, no excuses, make your choice and show us what you made of.

Not Craw, CRAW!
luckysaint
Club Player

He came back 2 weeks after damaging his medial ligament. No more excuses? get off it

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If all our player's had Roo's endeavour we would be a way way better team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Hopefully he'll kick more points in critical situations. He's great at that!

Game in the balance, Riewoldt marks, chance to give saints momentum. SPRAYS THE KICK ALL OVER THE PLACe.

Momentum gone, saints lose!

Classic Riewoldt.

Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Holy crap - you are calling out Roo!

Desire, passion, a willingness to bleed for the club

After that tackle we expected him to be out for 8-10 weeks - instead he is back after 2, sounds a bit like Harves breaking his tendon to make it heal quicker!!!!

Maybe he has the yips - maybe not - I dont think his kicking is any worse than the leagues average - but hell - if every player on the field ran like he does, puts in like he does and contributes like he does we would be thumping all comers

Dont call Roo out - you will get egg on your face - He is a Champion - but most of all He is a SAINTER!

Rant completed!

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

He's spent the better part of 7 years throwing himself at contests that I couldn't even bare to watch and running himself to the point of total exhaustion. Its about time that some of his mates got off their arses and helped him out.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, I don't really think Roo's endevour or heart is at question here...although I still think his kicking's crap. :roll:

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:Yeah, I don't really think Roo's endevour or heart is at question here...although I still think his kicking's crap. :roll:
word.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: Nick Riewoldt .... no more excuses

The Craw wrote:The agenda has been set….the coach is not going….no more excuses.

Nick Riewoldt, you are the captain of the St Kilda football side. Now is the time to show us what you are made of.

Are you a leader of men or a man that is just lead.

It is now up to you to show the club, the supporters, the football world whether you have got the metal, the grunt, the balls and the character to lead the team out of the wilderness. Now is the time to stand up and be counted, to lead by example. Now is the time for greatness, to write history, to be a captain, a champion captain, a premiership captain.

Make your choice Nick Riewoldt, no excuses, make your choice and show us what you made of.
What the fact that he is wrapped up more than an Egyptian mummy doent show that he wants to be out there!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Hopefully he'll kick more points in critical situations. He's great at that!

Game in the balance, Riewoldt marks, chance to give saints momentum. SPRAYS THE KICK ALL OVER THE PLACe.

Classic Riewoldt.
tool

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Buckets
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:
brown-coat wrote:Hopefully he'll kick more points in critical situations. He's great at that!

Classic Riewoldt.
tool
Couldn't have put it better myself! Although i do think that when fit he would be better suited to play on the wing!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I cannot believe the op , the craw your 1000th post can we ask is that your last.

He may not be everything that we all want of him but he deserves nothing but admiration from saints supporters for what he shows every time he crosses the line

brwon coat , as I have said before you must be a very sad saints supporter... not sure why you bother because you never seem to enjoy anything

fqf

aussiejones
Club Player

"What the fact that he is wrapped up more than an Egyptian mummy doent show that he wants to be out there! "

On the contrary ....he is out there despite injury
Ok some of it may be preventative (bandaging)

One thing he has got is GUTS

Get stuck into someone else

The Craw
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:I cannot believe the op , the craw your 1000th post can we ask is that your last.

He may not be everything that we all want of him but he deserves nothing but admiration from saints supporters for what he shows every time he crosses the line

fqf
Read the post ......... Not questioning his commitment, just asking him to lead. The fact is that he does it all and we have a team of spectators. He needs to kick a bit of arse, demand commitment from the rest. Great captains do that.....have not seen it from him yet.

Make it my last post.....ppft...junior

Not Craw, CRAW!
saintsrokk
Club Player

Classic Riewoldt.
Soooo Positive! :roll:
________
Free Drupal Themes
Last edited by saintsrokk on Sun 20 Feb 2011 8:24am, edited 1 time in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I challenge anyone to kick a footy more than 30 meters after doing a medial within 7 weeks let alone two. You live in a dreamworld clown plain and simple.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
degruch
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:I challenge anyone to kick a footy more than 30 meters after doing a medial within 7 weeks let alone two. You live in a dreamworld clown plain and simple.
Hmmm...The Craw, although starting this thread in spectacularly bad fashion, does raise an interesting point though...if I was a leading forward who, who was injured and knew I couldn't kick more than 30 meters on a dodgey knee, would I put my hand up for selection? In this situation, shouldn't the captain have done the right thing by the club and sat out a week or two?

I'd still prefer to see him on the wing too Buckets.

Behind Play
Club Player

degruch wrote:
CURLY wrote:I challenge anyone to kick a footy more than 30 meters after doing a medial within 7 weeks let alone two. You live in a dreamworld clown plain and simple.
Hmmm...The Craw, although starting this thread in spectacularly bad fashion, does raise an interesting point though...if I was a leading forward who, who was injured and knew I couldn't kick more than 30 meters on a dodgey knee, would I put my hand up for selection? In this situation, shouldn't the captain have done the right thing by the club and sat out a week or two?

I'd still prefer to see him on the wing too Buckets.
When you cross the line you are full fit........no excuses.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I was very critical of Roo on Sunday. I think I recall saying something like can't kick, can't captain. Admitidly it was in the aftermath of Sunday's game but I agree that Roo as the Captain and a key forward should be nailing goals from 30m. He put his hand up for selection so he can't hide behide the injury excuse. He also doesn't get any kudos for playing injured. It's not the 70s or 80s where playing injured was considered heroic or the captain thing to do. The professionalism of the game requires you to advise the club if you don't think you can stand up to 120 minutes of play. . But I ask all saints supporters this, how many of us cringe when Riewoldt has got a shot on goal. Seriously if you answer it honestly most of you will agree that we do not feel confident when Roo is lining up for a six pointer. So it would appear today's media that the club has had an honesty session. Possibly about how soft and hard they are, but I wonder if the honesty session extended to other players weaknesses and strengths and for mine if Roo should ask to be moved up the ground. Even for a short while so he can get some confidence back. Before you all cough your beer into the keyboard, know this, I agree that all other attributes about Roo are quality. He is just a s*** shot on goal (at the moment)

ratismeat
Club Player

Anyone who calls out Roo goes immediately onto my list as an absolute tool. Seriously he's done enough great stuff for this side to more than make up for a couple of sprayed kicks. End of discussion.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:Anyone who calls out Roo goes immediately onto my list as an absolute tool. Seriously he's done enough great stuff for this side to more than make up for a couple of sprayed kicks. End of discussion.
Great...some called 'rat is meat' is calling me a tool. Boo frickerty hoo.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:Anyone who calls out Roo goes immediately onto my list as an absolute tool. Seriously he's done enough great stuff for this side to more than make up for a couple of sprayed kicks. End of discussion.
well said.

It's sad how quickly some can write off a FOUR times B&F winner!

Anyway, I really hope he doesn't play this week and has some badly needed time to get fit.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ratismeat
Club Player

You're right degruch, didn't mean to participate in the perpetual fan vs fan slanging match which occurs on this message board so I'll issue a retraction (to the Craw who's post I was refferring to). What I'm saying is how can he 'step-up' what has he done wrong except miss a couple of kicks. I'm not saying he should be a protected species but the track record would seem to speak for itself right?
Last edited by ratismeat on Wed 28 May 2008 9:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

ratismeat wrote:You're right degruch, didn't mean to participate in the perpetual fan vs fan slanging match which occurs on this message board so I'll issue a retraction. What I'm saying is how can he 'step-up' what has he done wrong except miss a couple of kicks. I'm not saying he should be a protected species but the track record would seem to speak for itself right?
Aw...cheers mate. I might add that I'm sure rat meat is just great too.

Yes, agreed that there's no way he can 'step-up' his performance in terms of endevour and guts, but I'd rather he swallow the bitter pill and not take to the field with a shattered body, coz it doesn't do the club any good. A forward who can't kick 30m with a dud knee is no good, and he can't go anywhere else. He's the captain, so he should stamp on martyrs, leading by example...we need him there for a long time to come.

The Craw's original statements are a bit full on.

ratismeat
Club Player

Point taken. But we have medical staff for those kinds of decisions, and if they get it wrong they should get the sack, beyond that it's all a bit speculative. It does look bad though when he goes out wrapped up like he was on Sunday.