Dream or Nightmare?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dream or Nightmare?

Had a strange dream on friday.
The Saints played Freo in a very poor game - but i wasn't frustrated or disappointed. I was cheering them on and they fell over the post.
I went on this site and their was a lot of positive stuff on here - turned the corner type stuff!

Then i woke up saturday morning and reflected.
We beat Freo - they played with no direction and little enthusiasm, in melbourne, and we just fell in.

The upside - the players seemed to want to play
our leadership group all played inspiring footy
the kids, while doing little, didn't look overawed
we risked a loss playing kids against freo - and got lucky
didn't drop our heads when lenny went off

The downside - our leadership group had to play their best footy to snag
the win
we kicked a soccer score
we played with desire, and still struggled
the game plan was not to lose - rather than to win

In conclusion, with our best players all soaring, with all players putting in, with a wooden spoon worthy effort from freo, and we fell in?

Why 'nightmare' - i suddenly realised my enthusiasm for a simple win, any win, and my delight and rose-coloured interpretation of it had me back in the 70s - that would be a nightmare!

Lets hope we carry on from here - but remember post-richmond - let's not get carried away.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the thing i get out of it is we now realise as a team what our problems are and we are making inroads to fix these problems yes Freo are crap and yes we only fell over the line but lets be honest if we served up the crap we have the previous weeks we would of got beaten and not moved forward as a team ... i definatly dont think we are back on track but we have started the move in the right direction

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes we "just beat Freo"....but with 9 players in the team (that is almost half) who were very raw including 3 guys that had never played AFL.

Freo also thrashed the Roos last week (admitedlly at home) who this week knocked off the Hawks....

Freo while only having won 2 games...could easily have won over another 5.....and indeed should have won more.

Importantly BJ, Gram and Roo all seemed to get their mojo back.

Hopefully Dal will today at Casey as well.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

If Carlton had met Freo last year they would have had to tank bloody hard!
Past close games irrelevant.
saintsRrising wrote: Importantly BJ, Gram and Roo all seemed to get their mojo back.
Agree with you here - this for me the biggest plus - BJ hard at it, Nick played with confidence and kicked a great goal, Gram improving weekly!
saintsRrising wrote: Hopefully Dal will today at Casey as well.
Lets hope the win inspires him - he can't think he's an auto next week (but he and milney need to be in the team). Milney more important next week - hope that he plays hard and motivated!

Going on hols for 3 weeks where there's no tv or net - hope we win, win, win!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "