GT wins on both counts ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

I thought the bit about the stat dec not being a stat dec was funny....red faces in the crowd? :)

asiu

from ctq

St Kilda says it is considering whether it will appeal.

now i am :lol:

just bring gt back , so we can all move on

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Ray Broughton wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Do you think the current Board were pretty keen to let this one go? Not put up a huge fight?

Be done with it. Perhaps even agree with it?

Perhaps GT didn't want to settle, so some details would come out in court?
Has to be correct Dodge.... Why else would you compile a defence like that and GT knew he was holding all the cards, so yeh agree, he would've felt the need for revenge. Plus the current board would probably like to taint the previous one even further. Two sides looking for the same result.... and got it.
I wasn't thinking 'revenge', but more of facts being revealed in a 'non-bitchy' manner.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Fri 04 Jul 2008 4:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I can accept that argument Richter but you don't insult a judge by putting up what he clearly thought was a bullsh*t defense. You may was well write the cheque and save yourself the legal fees & the time.

Even if we'd come out $50K better was it really worth it considering the damage these sort of stories do to the club's reputation?
Maybe GT wanted things aired in court.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Who gives a stuff.........

Fair dinkum haven't any of you got better things to do then sook about who is right and who is wrong and who owes who what.........

Sheesh, get on with your lives people!

As if anyone outside this website actually cares !! Just another excuse to fill a newspaper and another excuse for this website to collapse into rabble.......

St.Kenny
Club Player

Do we need anymore vindication that our previous admin was dodgy. Thank fully Burkie and co stood up at the end of last year and gave them the boot. Questions must be asked of Archie's role at the club as he is the one constant. But was he just following orders? He had only just arrived remember. GT gets one back on the previous admin not the club.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Ray Broughton
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Ray Broughton wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Do you think the current Board were pretty keen to let this one go? Not put up a huge fight?

Be done with it. Perhaps even agree with it?

Perhaps GT didn't want to settle, so some details would come out in court?
Has to be correct Dodge.... Why else would you compile a defence like that and GT knew he was holding all the cards, so yeh agree, he would've felt the need for revenge. Plus the current board would probably like to taint the previous one even further. Two sides looking for the same result.... and got it.
I wasn't thinking 'revenge', but more of facts being revealed in a 'non-bitchy' manner.
I'm definitely thinking Revenge, be it on STKFC, Butters, Archie whoever.. Lets not sugar coat it, he's seriously pist with what happened and doesnt care about being "non bitchy" he wants heads to roll and roll they are!

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
kaos theory wrote:GT, who apparently 'bleeds' for this club, after being paid a huge salary, far in excess of what his qualifications warranted, saw the opportunity to squeeze more money out the club he 'bleeds' for. While others how cared for the club endured significant personal losses so the club could continue to survive & prosper, GT chose to milk the club for even more money that he felt 'legally' was 'entitled' to....
He turned this club from a shitheap into something half-decent, and gave us something to be aim for - and told us to start raising the bar when everyone was content to sit on their arse.

If you think he was paid too much, that's the club's fault, not his.

IMO he was worth every cent, and gave this club something it hadn't had since the 1960s.[/
quote]

I must agree with you even though I wasn't a big fan of GT as a coach. I think that was where he went wrong but his Involvement and Influence in the Club and his positive energy was what has been lacking and we seem to be lost souls again.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Also, AF clearly walked in as CEO at a time when relations between the coach and Board were at their nadir. As the court documents show he clearly tried to patch up relations between the two parties.
*cough*

What?

Archie Fraser tried to patch up relations?

Is this before or after he firstly helped knife GT & then begged to be part of Westaway's team when he realised how much people had turned on RB?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

aussiejones
Club Player

" GT chose to milk the club for even more money that he felt 'legally' was 'entitled' to.... "

The Judge disagrees with you based on the evidence.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

This result is a double edged sword- GT obtains what he believes he his rightfully entitled to but it means that he can probably never return to the club.
I would like him to come back to the club, whether as an advisor or a mentor, or what ever because at the moment we sorely lack anyone within our coaching team anyone that has a St Kilda background and I think that is one of our problems. At the moment it's like ex-Sainters need not apply.
But GT will not reply as long as Archie continues to work at the club.
Should any of the board members read these posts, it's the opinion of this supporter that the board should not appeal, pay GT his money, "thank" the previous board and former President for its employment practices and make sure that they, the current board have in place fit and proper employment practices from the CEO down or the boot studder, so we don't suffer this humiliation again.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Get real people.. this is 2008 and we are attempting to get this team into the finals and living in the past is quite pathetic. Although we seem to have a love-hate relationship with RL, we must get behind the coach and team.
Forget the two headless chickens -RB and GT and look forward.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Get real people.. this is 2008 and we are attempting to get this team into the finals and living in the past is quite pathetic. Although we seem to have a love-hate relationship with RL, we must get behind the coach and team.
No offence mate, but lumping RB and GT in the same boat probably shows why you don't understand that it's an issue.

The club should pay him out what he is owed, not track an appeals process that will keep this crap from spinning on and on.

GT is owed what he is owed, it's as simple as that. The club is at fault. The club should pay up and be done with it.

Even if Westaway doesn't agree with paying him out, and yes, it's not his personal fault, but he's in charge and he needs to run a rule over this, show some leadership and own up that mistakes have been made in the past - and pay GT what he is owed.

THEN we can move on. It's not hard. And besides, the club should be doing all it can to ensure these issues are sorted out so as NOT to interefere with the current goings on at the club.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i suspect that saying they'll consider an appeal is just a red herring (if i'm using the term correctly)

to rule out an appeal right away may incur the wrath of a vocal group that for whatever reason think GT shouldn't have gotten anything or should have got less.

It sounds much better to say "we've reviewed our options and for (reason) have decided not to appeal)

i suspect that they'll be glad to be rid of the whole issue

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I suspect you're right, skeptic. But I still find the process a bit disrepectful to GT and the supporters, both of whom want to move on from the issue.

asiu

i agree with skeptic as well

JeffDunne

skeptic wrote:It sounds much better to say "we've reviewed our options and for (reason) have decided not to appeal)
Shouldn't be too hard to find a few press releases already typed up for this one. :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
skeptic wrote:It sounds much better to say "we've reviewed our options and for (reason) have decided not to appeal)
Shouldn't be too hard to find a few press releases already typed up for this one. :lol:
Yes the previous administration were past masters at not appealing on anything.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintWal
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:A sad day for the club....

Both RB & GT have failed the club.

RB using sloppy processes and unprofessional behaviour left loop holes for people to take advantage of the club...

GT, who apparently 'bleeds' for this club, after being paid a huge salary, far in excess of what his qualifications warranted, saw the opportunity to squeeze more money out the club he 'bleeds' for. While others how cared for the club endured significant personal losses so the club could continue to survive & prosper, GT chose to milk the club for even more money that he felt 'legally' was 'entitled' to....

Great work, both of you...:roll:
I would not lump RB and GT together.

GT like any employee was entitled to his due. Would you walk away from three years holiday salary? Especially when you were getting screwed to the wall by the head of the club that just so happened basically held your mortgage of your family Home :evil:

SaintWal
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
spert wrote:Get real people.. this is 2008 and we are attempting to get this team into the finals and living in the past is quite pathetic. Although we seem to have a love-hate relationship with RL, we must get behind the coach and team.
No offence mate, but lumping RB and GT in the same boat probably shows why you don't understand that it's an issue.

The club should pay him out what he is owed, not track an appeals process that will keep this crap from spinning on and on.

GT is owed what he is owed, it's as simple as that. The club is at fault. The club should pay up and be done with it.

Even if Westaway doesn't agree with paying him out, and yes, it's not his personal fault, but he's in charge and he needs to run a rule over this, show some leadership and own up that mistakes have been made in the past - and pay GT what he is owed.

THEN we can move on. It's not hard. And besides, the club should be doing all it can to ensure these issues are sorted out so as NOT to interefere with the current goings on at the club.
Could not agree more Everton. As I have stated before the current board should never have taken this to court. It should have been settled ages ago out of court.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I don't want to be a broken record on this (I know I am)...

How AF helped knife GT yet then managed weasel his way into Westaway's plans is sickening.

I am a big supporter of Westaway - largely because he wasn't RB - but I hope he isn't as naive as he sometimes appears.

Archie's left one hell of a mess and quite frankly it's doing my head in to see that he's still there. I really wish - hell, I bloody PRAY - he was a gun CEO cutting new deals, putting his positive stamp on this club, getting this friggen club on the map - not settling for stalling membership numbers, declining crowd figures and B-grade sponsorships.

For the sake of the club that I dearly love, I hope he's replaced at season's end with someone who gives a **** about a) the everyday supporter and b) making us a powerhouse...instead of getting lost in the petty politics that seem to engulf all those who walk into administration posts at the club.

I'm sick of the marketing jibber and corporate bulls*** that our club has become a slave too - bring back some raw passion into the club and bring in people who care about the club so much that they want to get things done.

SaintWal
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:I don't want to be a broken record on this (I know I am)...

How AF helped knife GT yet then managed weasel his way into Westaway's plans is sickening.

I am a big supporter of Westaway - largely because he wasn't RB - but I hope he isn't as naive as he sometimes appears.

Archie's left one hell of a mess and quite frankly it's doing my head in to see that he's still there. I really wish - hell, I bloody PRAY - he was a gun CEO cutting new deals, putting his positive stamp on this club, getting this friggen club on the map - not settling for stalling membership numbers, declining crowd figures and B-grade sponsorships.

For the sake of the club that I dearly love, I hope he's replaced at season's end with someone who gives a **** about a) the everyday supporter and b) making us a powerhouse...instead of getting lost in the petty politics that seem to engulf all those who walk into administration posts at the club.

I'm sick of the marketing jibber and corporate bulls*** that our club has become a slave too - bring back some raw passion into the club and bring in people who care about the club so much that they want to get things done.
From my post today, see below. And as an addition I would love to see Brian Waldron return. He loved and loves the Saints still and has an outstanding portfolio over the last few years.

I know where I place my blame. RB got Archie into the place so he could railroad GT. RB allowed his own agenda to influence his decision making of the club. I bet RB does not run his own business affairs in the same manner. It is about time that our club was not a Ego trip for someone like RB. IMHO

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

done and dusted and let's hope we can now put the whole sorry mess behind us and play finals this year.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:done and dusted and let's hope we can now put the whole sorry mess behind us and play finals this year.
I think the club accepted defeat on this one a long time ago. The payout to GT was budgeted for in the last budget presented to members at the last AGM !!

jill
Club Player

So over it! Let's move on!!!!