Casey vs Williamstown - Match Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

So who do you think is pushing for senior selection?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Quixote
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:Great to see Geary hit back like that. He will make it at AFL level eventually...

What about Baker? BOG to HT and then MIA?

From what I could see, Armitage was certainly our best player before being rested for the last quarter. If he could just stop giving away stupid free kicks... but looked a class above.

Geary also very good - Eddy competitive, played full-game.

Baker was in and out of the game I thought, and was playing when I left 20 minutes into the last so wouldn't think he'll come in this week.

I would suggest it will be one change - Hayes IN Eddy OUT. But who knows.

Unfortunately, I would think Raph Clarke's season is over. Re-group, come back in 2009 for one last crack at it. Looked the same today or worse than he has in the seniors (albeit tough conditions). I think needs to strip everything back and just play with his talent again. Seems confused and ill-directed.

Jack Steven is quite the young player. Quick, strong, smart. Playing forward, would like to see him tried in the middle. Very impressed and for mine ahead of many for selection.

Don't know how Fish etc figure so prominently in the Bests.

Miles down back is super quick and seems a smart footballer. Good prospect. Howard didn't have the best day - seems to lack confidence perhaps and kicking could be suspect.

The Cloke lump playing for Willy has to be up for Meat Head of the Year. Surely.
Last edited by Quixote on Sun 06 Jul 2008 6:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Just got home from the game. Geary was good as so was Fisher. Baker looked ok. He looked fit at least. McEvoy looked a fair way off it today. Armo was ok but Eddy was just. Not sure if they will take notice of that game though with Eddy and Armo.

I would say the only 2 from that game to play would be Eddy and Armo. Bakes would need another week and Geary is behind a few.

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Just got home from the game. Geary was good as so was Fisher. Baker looked ok. He looked fit at least. McEvoy looked a fair way off it today. Armo was ok but Eddy was just. Not sure if they will take notice of that game though with Eddy and Armo.

I would say the only 2 from that game to play would be Eddy and Armo. Bakes would need another week and Geary is behind a few.

Who comes out for Hayes do you think?

Thought if they had doubts on Charlie they might have played him today..

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Just got home from the game. Geary was good as so was Fisher. Baker looked ok. He looked fit at least. McEvoy looked a fair way off it today. Armo was ok but Eddy was just. Not sure if they will take notice of that game though with Eddy and Armo.

Who comes out for Hayes do you think?

Thought if they had doubts on Charlie they might have played him today..
Charlie has played plenty of footy so needed the rest. I would think he will go and if MG is fit then Allen will probably go.

mick13
Club Player

How'd Silvagni gooo?

Snakeman66
Club Player

mick13 wrote:How'd Silvagni gooo?
Injured early in the game I think.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So what did everyone think of Miles????

After missing the start of the seasson he seems to be emerging????????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I've heard Ross speak glowingly of Miles so it's quite possible Miles will end taking a spot on the list currently held by one of our struggling GOP's......

Which GOP that is ,who knows.......

He looked all right when i saw him against Bendigo.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Nick_Stone29
Club Player

My thoughts :

Armo- did ok looked slow at times. Was a good std VFL game.

Birrs-pretty quiet was tagged but had a go. When he did get it he got caught quite a bit. Should not have been in best but wasnt the worst.

Raph-did ok first half up fwd then when the game needed to be won didnt put body on the line , turned it over etc..

Miles-did ok, defintely one to keep an eye on. Played down back today used the ball quite well , quick and kicks long,

Eddy-V good tried his heart out. Had good contest with Brett Johnson in the middle. Suprised he wasnt in the best !!

Bakes- played half a game all up , looked to be moving ok. Played on Callum Ward at HB.

Fisher - ok did a few things not spectacular.

Fergo- tried really hard i thought took a couple of good marks , even played through the midfiled also down back at times

Howard- simply not up to it when the ball comes down quick he is at sea. Played on Harbrow and got cut up.He s lucky his kicking boot wasnt on . No idea why he was kicking out either. ?? looked very shakey .

Geary- tried hard but gets pushed off it way to easily. Eddy has moved ahead of him for mine especially when its a physical game as it was today. Kicked poorly as well.

Mcevoy-very very disappointing today, didnt have any impact. Dropped a simple mark (uncontested )in the 3rd quarter when dropping to the back line.The ball went straight through his hands to a Willy player who goaled.

Rixxy -Honest as usual but Street had the honours.

Steven-will be good player for the future. Has plenty of upside.

Fiora- same as usual did a couple of smart things and created play but of course didnt put himself in. Like many of them put the white flag up at 3 quarter time.

Happy to reply if anyone has a query.

PS-
Good to see Ross, SOS, Dal, Goose, Mini.Allen, Gilbo, Jonesy, BAlly , Sam Fish in the crowd.

Batnoe

with the coaches watching they were obviously looking to see how some of the young ones went

Armo, wont be dropped out of the seniors, he has played well while in it with limited game time....

With jarryd Allen in our line up it gives us the freedom to play Roo up the ground and or Kosi in the ruck, i dont think he should be dropped, I think it will be C Gardiner for Hayes

Then the following week let X Clarke and Shneider prove themselves

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Good report Nick Stone, thanks.
Jack Steven may be next years real change to the line up - some quickness in the midfield.
McEvoy, disappointing but I am sure the conditions didn't suit.
Pretty bad loss I think considering the strength of our team.
Did we have a key forward with Allen out and Ferg on the ball?
Leigh Fish - interesting they tried to trade him but didn't, wonder if he will be up again, if Sydney would be interested and if his value has now dropped.
Raph - would give him the rest of the year off, as in no footy at all. Look after his dad, care for himself.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:NDS talking to 1611 at half time.
did he say much
possibly got him because some of the commentators are saints supporters and also he was sitting right behind them for the game. :D

Nick_Stone29
PS-
Good to see Ross, SOS, Dal, Goose, Mini.Allen, Gilbo, Jonesy, BAlly , Sam Fish in the crowd.
also Roo, Kosi, Eljay, Dempster, Gardiner, Blakey, Rock,

great to see them all out supporting, and also so many fans saints and Bulldogs- anyone get a crowd number?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Raph and Steven not on talking terms after todays game. Did anyone see the incident on the 3 quarter time siren when Jack accidently kicked the ball into Raphs balls. One of the funniest things I have seen in a game. Jack spent about a minute saying sorry whilst Raph was hunched over.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

who hit/ landed on/ collided with Silvagne at the same time that Raph went down? most were focusing on Raph and then there was Alex almost needing a stretcher- was there a final analysis of his injury?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Nick_Stone29
Club Player

There was a big pack flying for the ball just on the 3 qr time siren and i think he landed awkardly on the ankle. I was standing near the race and he returned to the bench 5 minutes in to the last QR but walking with a limp . No sign of crutches or anything which was a good sign. Probably miss 1-2 i would say ? The back line looked a little depleted after he went off i must say .

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I went to the game, saw the last 3 and bit quarters.

What was interesting to note is the presence of Saints players on the foward line, Hutchy at his 3/4 time address wanted a lot of focus on Raph, Fisher and McEvoy dropping forward for goal kicking.

I was very disappointed at McEvoy today - thought he looked out of sorts and wasn't providing enough around the ground and struggled a bit in the ruck against Street.

Bakes needs IMO 2 more games for the Scorps, Fiora is finished and Raph is way off the form required for AFL.

Overall, a good game, beautiful ground and awesome sausage sizzle that our Social Club could note for future reference!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Raph and Steven not on talking terms after todays game. Did anyone see the incident on the 3 quarter time siren when Jack accidently kicked the ball into Raphs balls. One of the funniest things I have seen in a game. Jack spent about a minute saying sorry whilst Raph was hunched over.
I was within 10 metres of Raph walking up to the 3/4 time huddle, and he was all smiles so no dramas.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Quixote wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Great to see Geary hit back like that. He will make it at AFL level eventually...

What about Baker? BOG to HT and then MIA?
Unfortunately, I would think Raph Clarke's season is over. Re-group, come back in 2009 for one last crack at it. Looked the same today or worse than he has in the seniors (albeit tough conditions). I think needs to strip everything back and just play with his talent again. Seems confused and ill-directed.
I think that's the problem, he's just not any good.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:I was very disappointed at McEvoy today - thought he looked out of sorts and wasn't providing enough around the ground and struggled a bit in the ruck against Street.
Don't forget that Peter Street is the same height as Sandilands (211cm). Most Ruckmen would struggle to win hitouts aginst him.

Sam23
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
Sam23 wrote:NDS talking to 1611 at half time.
did he say much
possibly got him because some of the commentators are saints supporters and also he was sitting right behind them for the game. :D

Nick_Stone29
PS-
also Roo, Kosi, Eljay, Dempster, Gardiner, Blakey, Rock,

great to see them all out supporting, and also so many fans saints and Bulldogs- anyone get a crowd number?
he bailed.

Goddard.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

They were missing Ben Waite, who was overseas on business, and Ben McEvoy was having a pig of a day.
one way to describe it

http://www.scorpions.com.au/match-repor ... stung.html
Jarryn Geary had 21 possessions, kicked three goals and applied six tackles to be Casey's best player. Aaron Fiora (21 disposals), Dunne, Leigh Fisher, Jimmy Taylor and James Wall, who put clamps on Jason Cloke, were also good contributors
Cloke was cranky as....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY