Archie Fraser has to go, he is an embarrasment...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

philip
Club Player

Archie Fraser has to go, he is an embarrasment...

Solar wrote:
philip wrote:
Solar wrote:
philip wrote:
yipper wrote: I think AF gets the blame for anyone leaving our club!! In fact he gets the blame if someone spills coffee!!
you are either AF himself, a relative, someone paid to write nice things or ignorant of a lot of issues that are a direct result of his reign.

he is one of the worst CEO's of any football club, professional, amateur or otherwise. in fact he'd struggle to get a job as a CEO anywhere else.

philip
I am fine with this type of opinion if there is even a whiff of something to back it up.

Except for the frankston situation (which the price of steel has been shown to have increased remarkably, with the strain coming from the developing china and india) what else do you have to back up these notions.

I must be ignorant (or just choose to not listen to rumours just facts), but what other issues have been the "direct" result of his reign?

I await some depth to these alegations phillip (with all due respect, I do remember you from a couple of years ago so please don't take this as a flippant remark.)

On the actual topic, I think there are heaps of great staff and volunteers that help our club. Good luck into the future kylie.
firstly, you are spot on, i forgot to wish kylie well with her move.

secondly, not taking offence at your comments at all. not only can you add the moorabbin redevelopment and subsequent frankston debacle, but you can add the CFO issue and his 'unique' staffing management abilities. i think that's three :)

oh, and you can add his amateurish corporate packages and especially hosting for president's dinners. makes our club look third rate.

seriously, he is a waste of space.

philip
hey philip did we ever get someone employed to be a the coperate host (I remember they were advertising for someone to work with sponsors to make these corporate packages and dinners run better?

I think we can argue over the moorabin re-development. I don't believe the council ever wanted it to go ahead and if you add certain "tree plantings" and allowing pokie increases to the sandbelt hotel down the road, it certainly never looked like getting off the ground. Shame.

Can you really put the blame of higher coast on frasers feet?

Anyway I still have questions over these management situations. I am open to both views currently
Ok, long post to quote from I know (and it was from a post orginally set up by Michael to congratulate Kylie Simmons who announced her resignation) but for everyone else on the board who hasn't read it I just wanted to provide you all yet another embarrasing example of how our club is run under Fraser. Have a look at this email from the club...

The St Kilda Football Club wishes to advise that the Neil Roberts Club Luncheon originally planned for Wednesday 9th July will now be held on Wednesday 16th July.

To ensure the club is in peak condition to face Carlton on Friday night, the Football Department has called an additional compulsory training session for all players on Wednesday. As we are committed to having Nick Riewoldt, Robert Harvey and Ross Lyon attend this important luncheon, we have made the decision to change the date.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience but look forward to seeing you on the 16th.

Now, I am not having a go at the people trying to put this function on given the lack of support and professionalism aforded them from above, but seriously, it is embarrasing for yet another corporate function to be run in such a shambolic manner.

And before people jump all over this and say the football club must come first, well they should have signed off on this in the first place. Can anyone here honestly tell me that RL wouldn't have known he wanted a training session two days before the blue baggers game coming off a rest.

Fraser has to go, Basil Fawlty would have run our organisation better!

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

So you think the CEO of a football club is responsible for organising social functions??? You must be kidding!!!!! This is a multi million dollar business not some back yard social club. AF's role as CEO is to make sure that as an organisation we are making money andf growing our revenue base and managing our costs...not making sure that social events don't conflict with training schedules. FFS

philip
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:So you think the CEO of a football club is responsible for organising social functions??? You must be kidding!!!!! This is a multi million dollar business not some back yard social club. AF's role as CEO is to make sure that as an organisation we are making money andf growing our revenue base and managing our costs...not making sure that social events don't conflict with training schedules. FFS
can't make money running the organisation as a 3 bit coy, but you sure can lose it.

his role in the redevelopment, his role in gtgate, his role as CHIEF executive officer and his role in overseeing the corporate hospitality side of our business (and it is big business) is purely farcical.

you can take your FFS, praise AF and the sterling job he is doing and be reassured that in 3 years time he will not doubt run a stirling tin rattling campaign to save the club. or we can actually get a competent administrator in there now.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
axcellence
Club Player

Richard Pratt - I didn't do it... it was the employees.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

This function was set up some weeks ago..........expected speakers

blah blah.........

AN ADDITIONAL COMPULSARY session was put in place by coaching dept... (no doubt circumstance and coming off a bye taken into consideration for session)

meaning speakers could not attend.

Moving the function date will have an affect on who can attend(Supporters)
but if it remained 9thJuly without those speakers the numbers would probably have been affected to a greater extent.

What is the fuss with Archie re this????

saint4life
philip
Club Player

chook23 wrote:This function was set up some weeks ago..........expected speakers

blah blah.........

AN ADDITIONAL COMPULSARY session was put in place by coaching dept... (no doubt circumstance and coming off a bye taken into consideration for session)

meaning speakers could not attend.

Moving the function date will have an affect on who can attend(Supporters)
but if it remained 9thJuly without those speakers the numbers would probably have been affected to a greater extent.

What is the fuss with Archie re this????
just another example of amateur hour...but unfortunately, it is OUR club.

philip

derby Street
Club Player

Phillip you obviously have no idea how big business is run - if the CEO of a large company has to also oversee and run fundraisers heaven help us.
Not one CEO of any league club would do what you suggest AF should be doing. I am not sticking up for him - just stating COLD HARD BUSINESS FACTS. Surely you can find something of more importance to rant about :roll: .

bigred
Saintsational Legend

What an absolute load of codswallop.

Fancy forcing players into a training session instead of attending a luncheon...

Fancy that.

Where is this club headed!? :roll:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

Add that to the fading sticker fiasco, and I think it's reasonable to suggest he should be encouraged to perform Seppuku in the carpark at Moorabbin...

asap

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Add that to the fading sticker fiasco, and I think it's reasonable to suggest he should be encouraged to perform Seppuku in the carpark at Moorabbin...

asap
hang on a minute.

Whilst Archie may not be directly responsible for setting up this function, it's not the first time the Saints have changed dates of a club function.

We have a bad habit of doing this too often, and the buck does stop somewhere, ultimately the CEO.

He needs to get the right staff and right communication processes so this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Philip is right, it's a joke and amateur hour indeed.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
philip
Club Player

derby Street wrote:Phillip you obviously have no idea how big business is run - if the CEO of a large company has to also oversee and run fundraisers heaven help us.
Not one CEO of any league club would do what you suggest AF should be doing. I am not sticking up for him - just stating COLD HARD BUSINESS FACTS. Surely you can find something of more importance to rant about :roll: .
hey look, you can talk in generalities all you like, the St K FC is not BHP or Telstra, does not have 100 employees in the administration, yikes, doesn't even have 50 employees (not including footballers).

as to your assertion about not one CEO being involved, if I was you, I would edit it and remove it because I know for fact you are talking out of your behind with absolutely NO knowledge. on the other hand, i've spoken, repeat, spoken to three current CEO's of AFL clubs who have all had a direct involvement in the strategic planning and running of club functions.

but i can tell you, this is not the only problem with AF but is symptomatic of his management style, or lack of. seriously, you don't have to believe me but the FACT is he is laughed at by many executives in the AFL industry. FACT not theory.

and just to end, how is the frankston development going? according you that would not be in his brief either but the Chief Operations Officers responsibility. i mean we are big business we surely have a COO, don't we...

philip

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Phillip for you to have any credibility with members of this forum that may not be familiar with your status to the St Kilda football club you should post a complete profile and any history you may have with the club.

You should go even further and detail the issues you say are symptomatic with the AF management style. You should detail the reasons or events for which AFL executives laugh at, or even better provide some names also if you dare.

If you can't do any of the above I would request that the Mods delete this thread and you be given a ban because it is crap like this that is just plain gutless cyber sniping and you clearly do not have the clubs interests at heart.

GreatNo9s
Club Player

philip
sounds like you've got a personal beef with AF

I got the email on the Thursday that the function was on and by Monday it was changed. What's the big deal ?

I';ve got a mates who are RIchmond members and their events change all the time. Have done for years.

Amateur hour ? Hardly. I think you should grind your axe somewhere else...

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

who laughs at him???

simple question

name names...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

ok geee calm down everyone!

firstly Phillip is a long time poster and supporter of Saintsational

secondly he is entitled to his opinion

thirdly I have been getting e-mails about this function for more than a month and was surprised that it was changed at the last minute - bad planning in my book ... wouldn't it have made more sense to have this the week earier anyway with the break???

i have to agree with Phillip that it was poor planning that lead to this change

Whilst AF would have been involved at the start of the year with functions etc and would have set up guidelines etc, Lyn and the crew who do the neil Roberts lunches (and they are mighty good events having attended quite a few) would run their own race ... and get speakers from the club.

The actual change is not really AF's fault in fact a certain St.Kilda coach would have agreed earlier probably in May to do this through the football department ... probably as a PR move to show unity amongst coach and players AND to reach out to the inner sanctum corporate support ... to show his face etc.

A few weeks on at 7 and 7 ... his priority is the season defining Carlton match. The right call now. Bad planning back then. Who to blame for the date change? RL not AF. Is it an issue??? Hmmmmm NOT REALLY.

Is AF squeaky clean on this ... not really ... policy should be these functions with coach (and maybe even key players) are held PRE-SEASON and / or POST SEASON not mid season where the #1 priority is game planning and preperation. The only exception might be the mid year breaks in the first week of the break not a few days prior to a game.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:ok geee calm down everyone!

firstly Phillip is a long time poster and supporter of Saintsational

secondly he is entitled to his opinion

thirdly I have been getting e-mails about this function for more than a month and was surprised that it was changed at the last minute - bad planning in my book ... wouldn't it have made more sense to have this the week earier anyway with the break???

i have to agree with Phillip that it was poor planning that lead to this change

Whilst AF would have been involved at the start of the year with functions etc and would have set up guidelines etc, Lyn and the crew who do the neil Roberts lunches (and they are mighty good events having attended quite a few) would run their own race ... and get speakers from the club.

The actual change is not really AF's fault in fact a certain St.Kilda coach would have agreed earlier probably in May to do this through the football department ... probably as a PR move to show unity amongst coach and players AND to reach out to the inner sanctum corporate support ... to show his face etc.

A few weeks on at 7 and 7 ... his priority is the season defining Carlton match. The right call now. Bad planning back then. Who to blame for the date change? RL not AF. Is it an issue??? Hmmmmm NOT REALLY.

Is AF squeaky clean on this ... not really ... policy should be these functions with coach (and maybe even key players) are held PRE-SEASON and / or POST SEASON not mid season where the #1 priority is game planning and preperation. The only exception might be the mid year breaks in the first week of the break not a few days prior to a game.
I've heard that Phillip can't go to sleep without a night light. Seriously though, the tone of the OP is mostly hysterical cyber sniping by somebody that doesn't have the guts to list his facts, instead preferring to hide behind a keyboard and beat up a storm in a tea cup.

derby Street
Club Player

i've spoken, repeat, spoken to three current CEO's of AFL clubs who have all had a direct involvement in the strategic planning and running of club functions.

Name them - No let me guess - Brian Cook, Greg Swann, Peter Jackson -
you might even get over to Eagles and have a quiet ale with Trevor Nisbett However more than likely with Graeme Richmond, Ian Drake & Chas Brownlow in your dreams :D

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

This is a club stuff up.

Archie is the CEO.

It is his stuff up.

I know and anybody with any knowledge of the club knows that when we play on Fridays, the main training session is on Wednesday.

Hard to have the main training session without the coach, captain and living legend, although I have been at a couple this year that the coach did not attend.

I would think phillip is right on the ball.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
markp
Saintsational Legend

the Football Department has called an additional compulsory training session for all players on Wednesday
Seems pretty straight forward to me....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We always train on Wednesdays before a Friday game, So who stuffed up, if not Archie.

markp
Saintsational Legend

additional
Mate, maybe this word has significance.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

So the football department called an ADDITIONAL compulsory training session.

Why would a training session on Wednesday before a Friday game be additional, when it is normal.

I wonder who prepared that Club email? Would it have been the CEO, or on his instructions?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Additional, as in additional to the one they already had planned for Wednesday perhaps?... it means added or extra to what is already present.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

So markp, you agree the email is a rubbish attempt at covering up Archie's ineptitude?

markp
Saintsational Legend

the Football Department has called an additional compulsory training session for all players on Wednesday
No mate, apart from not giving a toss, until it can be proven otherwise I'd be prepared to think that maybe the football dept. decided to call an additional training session at a time that conflicted with this luncheon thingy.

You're winding me up aint ya?