We All Love Blondes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noob
Club Player

what jones confuses me.. he still kicks like a auskick kid. surely over the years of him playing football he could of kicked naturally by now. seems like its forever when he kicks the ball. but hard working player.. only if he was a natural

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Right now we haven't got any better options for a quick half forward, but surely people would rather have a fit and in form X.Clarke chasing down opponents THEN hitting Roo/Kosi on the chest.

I agree that he's been earning his spot lately, but he's not in our best team and certainly not premiership quality.
what im saying is is that if max was judged on disposal he wouldn't be getting a game...yet various posters whinge about cj's yet his main job in the 22 is not disposal...
You can't compare the importance of Max's defensive role and Jones'.

Max is the best in the compeition at stopping the opposition's best forward from kicking goals. He the best spoiler in the league and that is an incredibly valueable and difficult skill to master. No one else on the list can perform his role anywhere near as well as Max can. And when he does get the ball he knows to give it off to Chips, BJ or Gram.

Every team these days has at least one quick forward who pressures the opposition defenders. The best ones like Alwyn Davey, Paul Chapman, Daniel Motlop, Leon Davis etc not only chase down the opposition, but they have the skills to finish off their hard work and hurt the other team on the scoreboard. Jones is pretty good at the chasing part, but does nothing with the ball. We have several other players (when fit and firing) who can do a similar defensive job to Jones and have the footy skills as well.
and EVERY Premiership players thats ever been has posessed the skills of Dal Santo yeah?

“Yeah….nah””
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:and EVERY Premiership players thats ever been has posessed the skills of Dal Santo yeah?
Stupid response. If you disagree with what I've said then tell me why. Writing moronic, sarcastic comments that have nothing to do with my post doesn't achieve a lot.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
Teflon wrote:and EVERY Premiership players thats ever been has posessed the skills of Dal Santo yeah?
Stupid response. If you disagree with what I've said then tell me why. Writing moronic, sarcastic comments that have nothing to do with my post doesn't achieve a lot.
It only doesnt achieve anything when respondiong to an obvious agenda driven, moronic poster who drolls our mind numbing repetitious nonsense.

If my response is innacurate against your previous post then thats fine.
Otherwise if your gonna post idiotic rubbish expect same response.

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saints11 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:I'd like to see Birrs played a s foward pocket. Can mark, can kick, and can apply pressure. However, he does get exposed with fast opponents.
All That's true except for the kicking bit
Are you kidding? Birss is the best set shot for goal at our club.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

he is prob our best kick in the side

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

never bag CJ
he is the best :twisted:
hes my fav to watch, you just never know what he will do. i love it!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

cant see hm as a premirship player :roll:
only gets noticed cause his blonde hair :roll:

christ there is some crap spouted on this site !!

we have one premiership and we are passing judgement on CJ not being a premiership type player :shock: heck add robert harvey to that list !! add Plugger add Nicky Winmar heck add every player besides the 66 team to that list !!

as for the blonde hair only the people bagging him make referance to his hair not the people who can actually see his improvment and his worth to the team .
CJ will prob never be a super star but he gets a game and he gives his all and what more could you ask for ?? look at the Eagles game this week 13 premiership players and not one of them put in 1/100th of the effort CJ does ... being fortunate to win a flag doesnt make you a great player

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
GrumpyOne

CJ might not be the most skillfull player in the club, but he puts in 110%, has heaps of pace and his courage cannot be doubted.

A team is made of of 22 individuals, each of whom brings something unique to the team. The end result is a composite of skills, abilities and attributes.

CJ earns his place by the pressure he puts on opposition ball carriers.

FFS get off his back.... every club would love a CJ-type player on its list.

killa_gram
Club Player

I'd take a goer like CJ over a soft (insert word here) like Fiora anyday.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Fiora > Jones

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Fiora > Jones
your dreaming
Fizz is not up to it hes done to soft to play the game what good id having a nice kick if your too pissweak to go and get the ball ?? fizz has been over taken by Armo CJ Eddy Mini he souldnt play for the saints again ... maybe trade him to carlton ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints in 20??
Club Player

CJ

I pray that Fiona wont ever get a game at st.kilda. He is an outside player, a reciever, a front runner who may look good when others get the ball to him, but in a loss is particularly unsighted.
Cj's skills are improving, he tackles and runs and tries his heart out. He has to be the biggest improver at the club, which obviously suggests his past hasn't been too glorious.
He may not be in the 22 on his kicking, but he is for every other reason.
Sure, Id rather another NDS or an uninjured X or a Fiora with balls, but wishing wont make it so.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Is CJ a real blonde?????

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Clinton Jones has now played only his SIXTEENTH game...16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now admitedly he started later than some....but just how many St Kilda players with so few games have played at the level he is currently displaying????

Furthemore :

1/ he is steadilly improving
2/ he started ok last season..but then went backwards after breaking his collarbone by putting his body on the line for the club.
3/ he again put his body on the line for the club and team-mates early this year and quite probably saved the game for us by doing so (and whata markk it was too!!!)
4/ when dropped after this he did not sulk or drop his head but work his but off at Casey to get back in
5/since retuning he has played consisteant footbal at AFL standard when you look at his game as an overall. His disposal while not great is not actually acceptable. Other aspects of his game such as run down tackling are actually just about the best at the club.

Now he may never be a star...but geeze he is trying his guts out on the field and training track and so far this year has actually DELIVERED good games....rather than just "potential"....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Perspective: how reliable was Thommo's disposal? And when did he start?
Give CJ time.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
iceman
Club Player

Does anyone realise thats its been blokes like CJ, McQualter, Eddy, Armo etc. that have contributed significantly to our form of late.

Whether or not they are there in finals or in a premiership is beside the point because right now they are doing the right thing by themselves and by the team. Winning the hard ball, running hard, 1%'s etc.

All it means is that blokes with more 'natural talent' have to work harder to get their spots back, and when they do, they will have blokes putting pressure on to perform.

Win win situation i would have thought, not one to whinge and complain about.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

"I pray that Fiona wont ever get a game at st.kilda. He is an outside player, a reciever, a front runner who may look good when others get the ball to him, but in a loss is particularly unsighted."

Not defending Fi, but I was lucky to hear Matthews speak ata corporate function on teamwork.

He emntioned that players have set roles in the team. It was up to the less talented players to bump, pressure and make room that allow thw the skilled "outside" players to play their part.

You can't have 18 inside players FFS :roll:

As for CJ, he puts in and harrasses. Poor skills? Measure it up against the positives he brings. 16 games FFS.

If we don't play the kids, Lyon's a dick. If we do, we want them dropped.

FFS!

End of rant.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Just watched replay again,reckon disposal was alright

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Fiora has proven over 2 AFL clubs he can not and does not perform at a consistent level. IMO he doesnt have the hunger of a Jones yet has more natural skill.

Jones reminds me of a faster Andrew Thompson.

I'll take endeavour and the right work ethic anyday thanks.

His kicking hasnt been that bad this year....
On Fiora, he has been pretty average for Casey, so if he really is pushing for senior selection it isn't obvious to me. Fiora IS finished.....plenty of other options now emerging and progressing as opposed to going backwards.

As for CJ - he runs, runs and tackles relentelessly - something that helps make the midfield click.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Screw everyone who says Jones isn't a premiership type player. You need a player like Jones to win a premiership

Saints in 20??
Club Player

Not defending Fi, but I was lucky to hear Matthews speak ata corporate function on teamwork.

He emntioned that players have set roles in the team. It was up to the less talented players to bump, pressure and make room that allow thw the skilled "outside" players to play their part.

You can't have 18 inside players FFS :roll:

You CANT have 18 outside players. I don't mind Fiona outside the oval and out of the team. My point is i'd rather CJ than Fiona

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I prefer CJ as well. It's your imbecilic referal to him as Fiona that lacks cred.

You don't like him as a player? Fine. But cut the personal crap. Or better yet. Front up to training and call him that to his face.

F*** me, if a player wants help building confidence, this is the last place they'd wanna visit, given the insults posted towards them.

Saints in 20??
Club Player

I wasn't aware that the point of sensational was to "build confidence" in players, especially those I have no confidence in.
You suggest that I am being personal by called Fiora Fiona and you call Ross Lyon " a dick".
Tell you what, when you appear at training and say that to the coach's face, ill do the same to fiora. Until then, keep your hypocritical garbage to yourself.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Saints in 20?? wrote:Tell you what, when you appear at training and say that to the coach's face, ill do the same to fiora. Until then, keep your hypocritical garbage to yourself.
I'll bring the camera.