Fiora..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tezza1
Club Player

Well Poor Ol Rossie is a glutton for punishment !
Like a punch drunk boxer he goes back for more punishment and gives Fiora YET another chance .

How many times does the Stkilda football club have to have this guys inept , wont put my head over the ball , get the ball onto my foot quickly and with little purpose because I dont want to get gang tackled approach before they mark his papers "ENOUGH CHANCES"

This I wont play kids for long cause they probably wont perform , rather play hacks who might perform once in a blue moon approach because the sniff of finals is approaching strategy leads nowhere.

You cannot be a successful finals team with Fiora in the side. He might get a few kicks and people will say he is showing signs but he never does the hard things that a good side requires to be successful.

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Farkin numbnuts on this forum. So now he's a squibber. How soon we forget his courageous marks.

Like I keep saying. You want to call a bloke names? Front up and have the guts to say it to their face. Pyssweak!
Look, I hope Fiora and Schneider both play good/very good games....I hope that for all our players every match....helps us win!

I just don't have blind love for all our players - I like some a lot more than others.

For all those good marks Fiora has taken has been negated by plenty of things on the negative side of the equation.

villasaint
Club Player

he does something his coaches like. Fair dinkum unbelievable. Poor birss has displayed for better form in the two's. they must have specific role in mind

kaos theory
Club Player

Well Poor Ol Rossie is a glutton for punishment !
Like a punch drunk boxer he goes back for more punishment and gives Fiora YET another chance .

How many times does the Stkilda football club have to have this guys inept , wont put my head over the ball , get the ball onto my foot quickly and with little purpose because I dont want to get gang tackled approach before they mark his papers "ENOUGH CHANCES"

This I wont play kids for long cause they probably wont perform , rather play hacks who might perform once in a blue moon approach because the sniff of finals is approaching strategy leads nowhere.

You cannot be a successful finals team with Fiora in the side. He might get a few kicks and people will say he is showing signs but he never does the hard things that a good side requires to be successful.
What a stupid post.

At least try to take into account how fiora played in the last vfl game, and how impressive he was, and take into account what strategy RL is trying to use in this game before spewing out usless garbage.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

Let him coach the side and see what happens. My guess is he will go better than Jimmy did last week.
I agree that he will probably do better than Gwilt, however would he do better than Birss, I don't believe so. Atleast Gwilt freed up Gram into the midfield.
plugger66 wrote:What this thread does show us is racism had nothing to do with bagging Jimmy and Raph because this is far worse.
What? :?
Do you know what role he is going to do and if Birss could do that role as well. RL does and picked Fizz.

With the other post people were saying that there were racist overtones in a post bagging Jimmy. I was pointing out this was worse and I am pretty sure Fizz is white. People bag anyone on here whether they are black white yellow or green.
yep.

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

Apparently you're wrong 66. Some people actually do believe that :roll:

Please... DON"T mention "race" ffs :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

Apparently you're wrong 66. Some people actually do believe that :roll:

Please... DON"T mention "race" ffs :wink:
whoever you are you speak sense

keep it up mate

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

At least try to take into account how fiora played in the last vfl game, and how impressive he was, and take into account what strategy RL is trying to use in this game before spewing out usless garbage.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Why would the numbnuts allow facts to get in the way of their tirades?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I'm going to save everyone a lot of heartache and angst.
Fast forward to Saturday night 10:00PM
StKilda lose, it will be Fiora's fault, the match committee for picking him, oh and Lyon's. :oops:

Seeya
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ross Lyon: 2 Years :shock:

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

sunsaint wrote:I'm going to save everyone a lot of heartache and angst.
Fast forward to Saturday night 10:00PM
StKilda lose, it will be Fiora's fault, the match committee for picking him, oh and Lyon's. :oops:
If/when we win, and Fiora plays even half-OK, I think some posters on here should shove their own heads up their arses and smell the roses!
Just DETEST the constant bagging on here these days - pathetic!
Go Saints!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ok, so Fiora is named on the bench, which makes him a bottom 4 player.

On that basis, if he gets 10 touches, he's done his job.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Ok, so Fiora is named on the bench, which makes him a bottom 4 player.

Making excuses already?
It's not about possessions, he just needs to make a positive contribution to the team...
He does have the potential to play good games, he has had some very good games over his career (albeit few and far between) but what I believe to be the main problem a lot of us have is why him over Geary or Birss, they could both make just as much of an impact and have a far greater upside.

I understand how a lot of people are saying that Fiora is brought in so we can roatate 15 players through the midfield which IMO could be a very effective technique to beat the Hawks zone but can't Geary and Birss both do that?

I just don't see a position for him, I don't believe he has the grunt in him to do an in and under or tagging role, I don't think he has the confidence for a run and carry role, I don't think he has the goal kicking ability to play as a crumbing forward.

I think some people are being quite petty and overprotective of their poor little fizzy boy. Take off the rose coloured glasses and you will see he shouldn't be playing AFL anymore. Hawks fans will be over the moon to see his name in the line up.

AGAIN I HOPE I AM WRONG
I HOPE ROSS AND FIORA PROVE ME WRONG
I HOPE FIORA PLAYS GREAT AND CONTRIBUTES TO A GREAT 4 QUARTER TEAM EFFORT
I HAVE NO PERSONAL AGENDA AGAINST FIORA, I JUST THINK THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS
WE ALL GO FOR ST KILDA HERE, WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT
FIORA IS IN NOW AND AS MUCH AS I DISAGREE WITH THAT I WILL SUPPORT HIM TOMORROW
GOOD LUCK AARON, GOOD LUCK SAINTS

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to wait until the end of the game.....

If he plays another dud game and we lose I'll be screaming for Lyon's head,the runners, the bootstudders, and be calling for jeld wen to be axed as our major sponsor. As for fiora i willl be opting for an online execution hosted by saintsational.

If we win, he gets 18 kicks,9 marks and 2 goals from outside 50 I'll be hailing Lyon as a football genius and fiora to have turned the corner and calling him a better future prospect than Trent Kotchin

Bring back the Lockett era
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

With respect.. you are a d1ck. :roll:

Not making excuses and do not have rose coloured glasses on.

Fizzy boy, as you refer to him, wears his high draft selection like a deadweight around his neck. Maybe he is just a GOP.

Now, if you read my posts, you will notice that I am not a fan of his, I just don't like keyboard heroes who abuse our boys.

Forget the rose coloured glasses... just get yourself some reading glasses and reread my posts.

In response to your comment...

Geary has done Sweet FA in the seniors and currently isn't up to scratch. Giving him that job is a bigger risk than Fi. IMHO.

Birss. Love the guy, but is slow. There are times when he's chasing opponents and he looks like he's running up and down on the spot.

My point about posessions is that given he's been out most of the year and only just snuck into the 22, then he's obviously a fringe player. Therefore, why should have these massive expectations from him?

If your comments are in jest, pls include a smiley face in future.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

Let him coach the side and see what happens. My guess is he will go better than Jimmy did last week.

...Actually, I do. :lol: 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Spinner wrote: Wrong dude....This week Fiora is in our Best 22......Didn't get the selection email from the club????
Do you think you are impressing anyone?
This is getting kind of sad...
What is sad? Being right?

Sorry - Cant help it sometimes.

killa_gram
Club Player

jill wrote:Just got on line to check team - was horrified Fiora was latest thread - was even more horrified he's in the team !!! Have we given up on making the 8 & are tanking from now?
Exactly what I thought when I heard he was in the team. I just can't f#*king believe it.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Halo Halo
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:Give it a rest fellas - lets get behind the team - this is a huge game for us!!

Carna the Saints!! :twisted:
Totally agree..

Leave the bloke alone.. I hope he plays a great game & all you knockers end up with egg on your face, although it seems it doesn't matter cos plenty of people on here only see the negative in Fiora..

GO FIORA!!

Saint05
Club Player

He still has another year on his contract, so he wont be going anywhere.

Though these big games can show players who can rise to the big occassions, and this is something the whole team can do come Saturday Night. We have only defeated 1 team in the 8 and knocking off Hawthorn would be the perfect way to silence the critics 8-)

Carn the Sainters!!!

Strength through Loyality!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Ok, so Fiora is named on the bench, which makes him a bottom 4 player.

Making excuses already?

I just don't see a position for him, I don't believe he has the grunt in him to do an in and under or tagging role, I don't think he has the confidence for a run and carry role, I don't think he has the goal kicking ability to play as a crumbing forward.

I think some people are being quite petty and overprotective of their poor little fizzy boy. Take off the rose coloured glasses and you will see he shouldn't be playing AFL anymore. Hawks fans will be over the moon to see his name in the line up.
I think most people are surprised, and looking for an excuse to cheer Fiora on - I know I am.

With respect, it's not hard to see a position for him. It's not hard to come up with things he can do that Geary and Birss can't: He's faster than Birss, stronger than Geary, a longer kick than either, not to mention a much better mark, and much more experienced than either. When we talk about the potential of Birss and Geary, we talk about a level of play we hope they achieve, with Fiora it's a level of play that he's achieved in flashes, and we wish he could do so regularly.

Perhaps there are people making excuses in advance - Fiora hasn't given us fans much reason to be optomistic he'll be good... keeping in mind we're not privy to all the reasoning and thinking of the selectors. However, those most upset about this appear to be making an emotional argument themselves; they don't like Fiora, therefore it's a bad selection.

I guess the real question is about our trust in the selectors. It's a very big game for the Saint's '08 season. The selectors have selected someone with experience as more useful in providing the win than someone for whom this kind of game could provide valuable experience. It's a bold statement, but one that leaves me in little doubt the Saints believe they can win this game.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
markp
Saintsational Legend

Saints $2.90... Hawks $1.38...

Saints in 20??
Club Player

A.F.

Well I'm a bit stunned to see A.F. back.
Hope his role this week will remain as an emergency, as it seems it is one to have him back in the 1sts.
I have never been prejudiced against him because of his original high draft position, he just seems to be to me the "Anti-CJ". Skilled but soft.
CJ will be prominent win or lose, but Aaron, possibly obvious only in a win. CJ will be in there fighting whatever comes, A.F. will be there calling for the ball and ducking his head. I've seen it often enough to expect it.
You need outside players, you don't need front runners.
So i hope for the best, but fear the worst.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

When we talk about the potential of Birss and Geary, we talk about a level of play we hope they achieve, with Fiora it's a level of play that he's achieved in flashes, and we wish he could do so regularly.

Hammer, nail, head!

People seem to want players selected on potential. To me, potential is over rated in the sense that it's wishful thinking onsomeone's part.

Fiora has proved he can play in the past. The others have not. So I don't know why the hysteria.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

go the fizz

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith