Cox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Cox

Does anybody remember when Banga Harvey played on Jim Stynes and carved him up (could have been Stynes Brownlow Year) For that reason perhaps Blake could play on Cox around the ground and King do the centre circle work. Remembering that Blake has a big motor & he could make Cox work hard both ways. (Cox also has a crook foot)

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Rule 1: Never get carried away by last week.
Rule 2: Cox is a good player.

How to beat him? Well, put pressure on his around the ground disposals, not unlike very other WC player. And, make sure he doesn't wander into the scoring zone - at least unopposed. But in this circumstance, it can't be JB but one of the talls.

M Gardiner must play - and must play smart - not to get even. This will be a real coaching test.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cox

derby Street wrote:Does anybody remember when Banga Harvey played on Jim Stynes and carved him up (could have been Stynes Brownlow Year) For that reason perhaps Blake could play on Cox around the ground and King do the centre circle work. Remembering that Blake has a big motor & he could make Cox work hard both ways. (Cox also has a crook foot)
Yes I remember it quite clearly.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Gardy can not go with Cox.

Blake is the man.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Gardy/ King in the ruck and blake around the ground...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Re: Cox

derby Street wrote:Does anybody remember when Banga Harvey played on Jim Stynes and carved him up (could have been Stynes Brownlow Year) For that reason perhaps Blake could play on Cox around the ground and King do the centre circle work. Remembering that Blake has a big motor & he could make Cox work hard both ways. (Cox also has a crook foot)
Round 5 of 1997 at Waverley from memory. It was the day Neil Balme was sacked as coach of Melbourne after a 80 odd point flogging from the Saints.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Gardy/ King in the ruck and blake around the ground...
Took the words right off my keyboard!

I would deffinatly play King/Gadiner combo in the ruck and have Blake line up on say, the half foward flank then King/Gardi would drop back to be a foward option and have Blake doing a "run with" role.

We all know that JB has the engine to go with Cox around the ground and without Kosi we might be short up foward, I would aviod the temptation to play Roo as a true full foward because on a ground like Subi his fitness and skills will be better suited to the "Richo" role

Unless of course we simply play Blake at FF :)

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
spert
Saintsational Legend

Rix should come in this week to play against Cox, as both have three letter surnames and both end in X..I think we have to start looking at omens from now on, as the omens are indicating that this could be our year. Somewhere planets and stars have aligned in our favour, and don't forget that our games against North and Hawkorn have been two of the most inspirational performances this club has had in recent history.

HarveysDeciple

If Cox hadn't of played in the last fortnight, then richmond and brisbane would have beaten them by 100 points each.

Curb him and we win very comfortably.

Blake is the man.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

cox is awesome. great player. Eagles are tanking. that doesnt mean we should disrespect them. most coaches seem to be conceding cox will dominate but covering the other 17 guys on the field.

but i bet a million bucks, worsfold sends cox to an early surgery in the next 2 weeks.

mcadam05
Club Player

:cry: i thought this was a post for Doug Cox