Footy Confidential

bobmurray wrote:I don't know if Caro writes Fact,Fiction or Faction,but whatever the case , her articles are normally well written......

It doesn't bother me if no one likes her , i'd still give her one.......

I wonder if she's as hirsute as Gary Lyon....

gold robert murray gold.

She's a token who says anything to justify her (perceived) high standing position in the football media. Sometimes she's right, sometimes she's wrong, but she's where she is because of her gender, not her journalistic ability, not for her football knowledge, and certainly not for her integrity.

desertsaint wrote:She's a token who says anything to justify her (perceived) high standing position in the football media. Sometimes she's right, sometimes she's wrong, but she's where she is because of her gender, not her journalistic ability, not for her football knowledge, and certainly not for her integrity.
thats a pretty crazy comment. im sure there are other women out there who would like to be in caro's shoes. mind you. i dont rate her at all. but i dont rate sheehan either. so i see them as equally bad writers/journos. really boring articles. no insight at all. poor standard of writing in general. no sporting knowledge outside AFL. pretty sad excuses for sports writers.

either way. she is entitled to ask questions.

Ok, I'm making a movie about this whole thing.... here's who I have in mind as the leads (I figure Cain as GT and Martin as RB?).... who else?

[quote="Con Gorozidis ......mind you. i dont rate her at all. but i dont rate sheehan either. so i see them as equally bad writers/journos. really boring articles. no insight at all. poor standard of writing in general. no sporting knowledge outside AFL. pretty sad excuses for sports writers.
[/quote]

Would you go to an orthopaedic surgeon if you needed brain surgery?
Both are doctors but one would, IMHO, have a better chance of fixing your problem than another.

Mike Sheahan and Caroline Wilson ar the Herald Sun and the Age's 'Chief Football Writers'.

Neither paper portrays them as anything other than a 'football writer'.
AFAIK they don't claim to ahve any/much knowledge on other sports.
I don't believe I've seen anything they've written or heard anything they've said about any sport other than Aussie Rules.

I'm not sure therefore why you'd judge them as 'pretty sad excuses for sports writers'?

Surely they should be judged on what they claim to be and not what they are not?

Mike Sheahan and Caroline Wilson ar the Herald Sun and the Age's 'Chief Football Writers'.

Neither paper portrays them as anything other than a 'football writer'.
AFAIK they don't claim to ahve any/much knowledge on other sports.
I don't believe I've seen anything they've written or heard anything they've said about any sport other than Aussie Rules.

I'm not sure therefore why you'd judge them as 'pretty sad excuses for sports writers'?

Surely they should be judged on what they claim to be and not what they are not?
i certainly agree with this notion. like i think its unfair when people say things like" elle macpherson isnt smart" - i mean who cares? shes a model. shes hot. and she never claimed to be a brain surgeon.

i just meant that sometimes a good sports journo - even if they only write about their own sport can use some really good examples from other sports. this can come in handy when discussing things like coaching methods and personalties, draft rules, salary caps and some things that are generic across many sports. even though gideon haig is a cricket writer he seems to be able to fit various topics in his articles.

but point taken. they are footy writers. and thats all they claim to be. so thats fine too.

WayneJudson42 wrote:1: Rodger, B4E said that he didn't agree with some of what GT has done... nor what he's done. I guess that's his way of saying he was wrong. So let's not embarrass him in public.
translation

I didn't agree with everything Grant did, as in recruiting, team selection, insisting on full control of the football department etc...etc...

AND

I don't agree with everything I've done, as in wasting my time reading dodgy's rubbish and responding to it.

markp wrote:Ok, I'm making a movie about this whole thing.... here's who I have in mind as the leads (I figure Cain as GT and Martin as RB?).... who else?
I was thinking more along this line

JeffDunne wrote:
markp wrote:Ok, I'm making a movie about this whole thing.... here's who I have in mind as the leads (I figure Cain as GT and Martin as RB?).... who else?
I was thinking more along this line

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I assume GT is the fat RB the one with no side burns? :lol:

You could use this for a "caption" contest JD...

"No prods, Rod. We'll just tell 'em we followed the process"

"Of course I'll pay you back. I'm your best mate. Cross my heart and hope to die"

"You remember that annual leave I didn't take, don't you?"

"Trust me, we don't need a footy department"

"I'm a St Kilda man through and through. I've course I won't sue the club. That's just my company taking you to court".

"Pew, Rod. Did you just fart at thunder? Sorry that must have been the pressure I ate this morning"

"Trust me Rod, I've now got the umps onside. They'll be too scared to pay dodgy frees against us next week at Subi"

"Yes, I kow I promised to step down when someone better came along... but Eade can't coach and I eat pressure for breakfast"

"I was outcoached"

Sorry, can't think of any by RB for now.
Feel free to conreibute :lol:

RB...

"Sorry GT, but I can't allow trivial details of you being the second longest serving coach... or the 2nd most successful coach... or the fact that the players are right behind you, get in the way of sacking you"

"Look, how about I offer you $100k hush money so that you never tell anyone what a real tool of a President I really am"

"Matey, it's all over for you too"

saintjake

read in todays paper that arch and ricky nixon
nearly came to blows on the add break,
lol.
would of loved to see that

desertsaint wrote:She's a token who says anything to justify her (perceived) high standing position in the football media. Sometimes she's right, sometimes she's wrong, but she's where she is because of her gender, not her journalistic ability, not for her football knowledge, and certainly not for her integrity.

no...she's no different than christe or the lane chick...they are there because of their fathers ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ........what other reason could there possible be.......i remember when she started....dad was the pressie of richmond.....

thats a pretty crazy comment. im sure there are other women out there who would like to be in caro's shoes. mind you. i dont rate her at all. but i dont rate sheehan either. so i see them as equally bad writers/journos. really boring articles. no insight at all. poor standard of writing in general. no sporting knowledge outside AFL. pretty sad excuses for sports writers.

either way. she is entitled to ask questions.

it sheAhan actually.... :roll:

cowboy18

2000-2006 - coaching dilemmas and the rebuild.

For flashbacks, in their playing days at training

(Rod's on the right in both)

And for the saintsational cameo when they use the forum to drive the narrative - here's the MW in action.

mischa

JeffDunne wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:I personally don't see how anything I've said (and others) somehow absoves Butters, and puts the blame on GT.
You haven't been reading Saintsational closely enough.

There is only one person that should be drawing criticism from the weekend's events and that's the idiot that brought it back up.

Friday the club announce the GT issues have been finally put to bed.

Everyone’s happy, it hardly rates a mention in the press. The consensus opinion in the footy world – good, St Kilda can finally move on.

Then Saturday comes and there's a full-page story in the Sun digging it all up again.

Blight’s reply was the icing on the cake.

The footy world then has another angle on the sorry saga to give it legs again.

Monday morning, Pat Smith doesn’t have a problem with Rod’s naïve comment and then makes GT the topic of conversation.

Caro makes GT the topic of conversation.

The Saintsational GT-hate machine kicks into gear and we have another round of GT rumour and innuendo.

It’s pathetic, it’s tiresome, but worst of all, it’s exactly what the rest of the footy world want to see happen. St Kilda kicking St Kilda.

I mean FFS, the guy who came out with the “we would have sacked him even if we won a flagâ€

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com

cowboy18 wrote:

And for the saintsational cameo when they use the forum to drive the narrative - here's the MW in action.

Now all that needs to be done is to work out who is who in this pic :lol: :roll: :wink: !!

I'm thinkin Charlize Theron has the range to play Caro.....

stinger wrote:[

it sheAhan actually.... :roll:
? you serious? you really got me there. who gives a toss?

gold cowboy. gold.

stinger wrote:...they are there because of their fathers ffs.....
Arn't we all?

Mischa,

Just because a judge found in his favour on one issue, doesn't mean jack about all the other events, does it? Some of us ARE trying to look at this in a balanced approach. No one is blaming GT. The question arose about whether or not he knew about the MB sacking, and when.

Or do you only look at certainn lines and jump to conclusions?

BTW, there's a lot of guily crims walking the streets who were found "not guilty" in court :wink:

cowboy18 wrote:
2000-2006 - coaching dilemmas and the rebuild.

For flashbacks, in their playing days at training

(Rod's on the right in both)

I don't believe I gave permission for you to reproduce my likeness in that last picture of my group of mates. Not good form.