saw one player keep doing what needed to be done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

steven king

each time the eagles had a shot for goal even if it was 30 or 40 from home he'd run 60 70 yrds to stand on the goal line then run another 80 or so to take the centre bounce...kept doing that over & over

in isolation no big deal after all its the ruckmans roll to do that..however with a flag in his pocket could easily have said STUFF THAT why should i keep running 70 yrds to drop back watch the ball sail over my head & then another 80 to contest the next bounce

at the other end of the scale ya got schnieder, also with a flag in his pocket who says STUFF THAT why should i try after all my sugar daddy ross has said i'm gonna play 100 gms with the club & pick up a cool 300 grand or so a yr ..money for old rope

if another 21 had done just the little thing that king did today we would be 5th not bloody 9th

it should be rammed down the fancy nancy primma donna's throats all week that there is an I in team

I can run to create
I can run to protect the ball carrier
I can run to contest
I can run to overlap
I can run to provide an option

instead of I cant be stuffed

lyon's called em a pack of soft barstards once...time to revisit that but add soft & lazy barstards

esaint66
SS Life Member

Steven King's unrewarded work was sublime. I also saw Mini and Clinton Jones keeping on going well after others had packed up and gone home.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

saint edward wrote:Steven King's unrewarded work was sublime. I also saw Mini and Clinton Jones keeping on going well after others had packed up and gone home.
Spot on!

Can't believe there isn't a seperate thread on McQualters Efforts. He's come back from the dead to be integral. Has kicked Baker out of a job almost...

esaint66
SS Life Member

tweedaletomanning wrote:
saint edward wrote:Steven King's unrewarded work was sublime. I also saw Mini and Clinton Jones keeping on going well after others had packed up and gone home.
Spot on!

Can't believe there isn't a seperate thread on McQualters Efforts. He's come back from the dead to be integral. Has kicked Baker out of a job almost...

He's done his job very very well since he has been back in the side. IMO he should have never been put on the Rookie list.

I wouldn't say he's put Bakes out of a job, he IMO is the comps number one tagger and Mini isn't exactly made for that. Mini would be prime to step into Banger's job should he finally retire :wink: :wink: (Heaven forbid)

Batnoe

i loved McQualters dive into bottom of the packs to get the ball or free it up. I like this kid and am glad he has gotten another go

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I'm confused, the thread title is
Yet there is no mention of Robert Eddy?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

armoooo..when ya stuck 3 stories up behind the goals with pyss poor eyesight its a bit hard to notice whats happening around the ground..maybe thats why kings dropping back stood out like dogs balls

from that vantage point ya only see 1/2 the ground/game..2nd & last qtr forwards at that end did sfa to get excited about ditto with backs in the 3rd qtr

1st qtr was played 200 yds away in our forward 50 until the last 10 mins...qtr time scores should have read 8 gls to nil GAME OVER

how could riewoldt miss 3 shots from 30 out dead in front..get those gimmies & as i said game over

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:how could riewoldt miss 3 shots from 30 out dead in front..get those gimmies & as i said game over
he didn't.... :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Apu
Club Player

tweedaletomanning wrote:
Spot on!

Mini has certainly stepped up in the last few rounds. This week he kept Priddis to 10 disposals :shock:
Compare this to Priddis's average of 23

The_Dud wrote:
rogerwa wrote:how could riewoldt miss 3 shots from 30 out dead in front..get those gimmies & as i said game over
he didn't.... :roll:
He sure did.... I was sitting 6 rows back from the fence at Subi right in the middle of the goal posts and Roo definitely did miss easy gettable goals in that first quarter...not dead in front all of them, one was in the pocket 25 metres out. Remember watching game on TV is different than being 15 metres away from the action. Pressure wasn't hot at that time as Saints were all over the Wee Girls.

A captain should stamp his presence on the game and roo definitely didn't by not kicking true when he should have. Very easy shots all of them.... and it wasn't as if he was exhausted after running all match. Maybe the sun was in his eyes :roll: :roll: :roll:

Can't fault the rest of his endeavour - oh occassionally he doesn't chase & put pressure on his opponent when an opponent is clearing the ball after a contest with roo - but I'll accept that at times , because he is usually too stuffed to chase or he is picking himself up from the ground.

Don't often agree with my sibling :roll: :roll: but Roo's poor kicking for goal cost the team dearly on Saturday, as it has many times. It needs to be rectified SOON if the coach persists in playing through him all the time.