Congratulations to Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations to Raph

Well done Raph.

I was very pleased to see that today you did not have the brain fades and poor ball use that spoilt what would otherwise have been good games.

He may have won more ball in earlier games this year...but todays game showed the Raph we want to see.
Lets hope he keeps it up now.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I didn't see any of the second half (except for the last 4 minutes)but from what I saw he seemed to be moving quicker and more decisively in the first half. His decision making seemed stronger and it was good to see him take the responsibility to kick that goal.

Hopefully the lad has overcome his difficulties and can make a contribution going forward. Seemed pretty relaxed and please at games end.

How was his second half?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

He was solid the whole time, confident, moved well and disposed of the ball with style.

excellent game, good on him.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

I think Raph and Gwilt played good solid games not being permanently in defence has really helped them.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

i am of the belief that raph clarke is a good footballer UNTIL he gets any time to think about what he's doing.

He didn't have any chances to make anything other than an instinct decision today= good game.

well done to the young lad

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Definitely a good game from both Raph and Gwilt. In fact, best team effort all year IMO. No passangers, everyone contributed. Exactly what was needed.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

l had my fingers crossed that he would have a good game and secure a spot in the side.My kids recently got his autograph at a Casey game and he was terrific to them & took time out during warm down to sign for them. The fact that he grew up following the Saints also contributes to my wishing him a long & successful career

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Freo will be interested in him come the trade period.

Nee!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Always part of our best 22.

GrumpyOne

The boy can play, always said so. Freed up from being press-ganged as a close checking defender we got a glimpse of his potential.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

was very good today, hopefully he can build upon today's performance...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jackal
Club Player

Good game today and would like to see him start up forward for the remainder of the season.

The thing with Raph is that if you don'rt notice him or his opponent then it is a good thing. Today he got a few soft kicks down back but was generally very good and beat his man comprehensively.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Maybe Freo will be interested in him come the trade period.
nah, they can stick with wifebeaters instead.

Well done Raph, excellent game, almost faultess and very natural.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Maybe Freo will be interested in him come the trade period.
much more like it...

can't have too much good said about the whipping boy Raph clarke....

I'm in shock, a thread which actually gives credit to the kid (yes he's still a kid, barely played a game in his first 3 seasons...)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Buckets
SS Life Member

Well done Raph a step in the right direction to start silencing your numerous critics on here! Great to see him up forward! And congratulations to Gwilt for another good game!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
userbetheknee

I have been a critic of Raphael, but it seems (like his brother) he has come of age, if he can continue to build on this game he will have a lot of saints supporters eating there words including yours truly.

santazzi
Club Player

I did not have the privilege of listening to or watching the game ...what role did Ralph play today.??

Mooksy
Club Player

He definitely seemed to have more intensity and surety about his game today.

To the top
SS Life Member

This kid played at CHB in a final against Adelaide, against bigger opposition.

He played in front and got plenty of the ball in wet conditions, also disposing with sureness and skill.

How many games did he have under his belt at that time?

Between 10 and 20 I would suggest.

He is a player crucial to our future because he has all the skills and then some plus he can play forward, back and mid - as a 189cm player.

So he also adds flexibility.

He has had some fitness issues with injury impacting (and he is no orphan there) but he has also shown just what potential he has to become a pivotal and crucial player at St. Kilda.

I was not critical of him earlier because the options he looked for were solid, team oriented options - but were absent, which was not his fault.

He was also called upon to play on the likes of Minson going forward, giving away how much exactly in terms of height and weight?

But he stuck to his guns.

Now to get his brother back and firing - because he also is a "gun".

Sobraz
SS Life Member

wonderful game from Raph... really stepped up... for mine, he is easily best 22... hope he stays in the side and grows in each game he plays for the remainder of the season...

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Congratulations to Raph

saintsRrising wrote:Well done Raph.

I was very pleased to see that today you did not have the brain fades and poor ball use that spoilt what would otherwise have been good games.

He may have won more ball in earlier games this year...but todays game showed the Raph we want to see.
Lets hope he keeps it up now.
Spot on...

My only concern is his ability to be injury free...

Had both Clarke's marked for a great season considering they had the full pre season (which is rare) but both failed during the season due to injuries....

They both have the talent and I hope they have a couple of injury free seasons to show all what they are made off....

Talent is not the issue here

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

At the game today, and it was astounding how good Gwilt and Raph were. Let's not EVER let Fiona back.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Winmarvellous wrote:At the game today, and it was astounding how good Gwilt and Raph were. Let's not EVER let Fiona back.
im scared sh1tless he'll be back straight in next week... surely not...

saintly
Saintsational Legend

userbetheknee wrote:I have been a critic of Raphael, but it seems (like his brother) he has come of age, if he can continue to build on this game he will have a lot of saints supporters eating there words including yours truly.
one good game doesn't make a player, lets see how he plays against better teams ie adelaide

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I was very impressed with Raphs game. Played with confidance and skill. Must be a walk up starter for next weeks game.

Most impressed by his sojurn foward, THIS is where he will be most effectivly used IMHO half foward/rotating midfield, very nice goal to top it off.

I hope he continues to prove me wrong

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum