200+ SAINTS players on the ground !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Solar wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:You can't expect a bloke to lose his job over it though. Unfortunately, economic realities exist. Plain and simple.
How the hell would he lose his job over it :roll:

Just another St Kilda supporter excuse IMO

Its simple really and doesnt need to be put out of context, if the club wants him there he will be there end of story, they know what they need to do to get him out on the ground this week for Banger it will just depend on what they want to do.

Its been done before and should be done again IMO, just go and get him and be done with it.

Just think it would be very fitting to a very specail person and career, its nothing short of a disgrace telling the people involved that you wont be there, PLUGGER is a disgrace when it comes to supporting the St Kilda football club and should be there.
then save your abuse for after the event, your jumping the gun a little!!!
Yes you are right Solar, BUT going on what was reported they have told organizers that they cant make it and that is nothing short of a disgrace and a embarrasment for the St Kilda F.C

I do hope they are there for the occasion, it makes me feel sick after all that has been done for them by both the club and the player that they cant put a day aside after 20+ years of service from Banger.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Plugger might not owe us or the club anything, but surely he could do it for Harves.

Will be a very emotional day on Sunday.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Wonder if all ex coaches and presidents will also be in attendance.That would make for a interesting post match piss up

Anyway hope DOC is up to it,none better IMO

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Solar wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:You can't expect a bloke to lose his job over it though. Unfortunately, economic realities exist. Plain and simple.
How the hell would he lose his job over it :roll:

Just another St Kilda supporter excuse IMO

Its simple really and doesnt need to be put out of context, if the club wants him there he will be there end of story, they know what they need to do to get him out on the ground this week for Banger it will just depend on what they want to do.

Its been done before and should be done again IMO, just go and get him and be done with it.

Just think it would be very fitting to a very specail person and career, its nothing short of a disgrace telling the people involved that you wont be there, PLUGGER is a disgrace when it comes to supporting the St Kilda football club and should be there.
then save your abuse for after the event, your jumping the gun a little!!!
Yes you are right Solar, BUT going on what was reported they have told organizers that they cant make it and that is nothing short of a disgrace and a embarrasment for the St Kilda F.C

I do hope they are there for the occasion, it makes me feel sick after all that has been done for them by both the club and the player that they cant put a day aside after 20+ years of service from Banger.
I am excited about the game, it will be so emotional to see all these ex saints players showing the honour Banger deserves.

Perhaps this has always been our problem, letting the story of an individual get in the way of the club and team.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Anyone got the list? Would love to see it.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

These are all Harvey's teammates....

Teammates
C.Ackland, I.Aitken, J.Allen, T.Allen, D.Anderson, T.Antrobus, M.Arceri, D.Armitage, J.Arnol, B.Atkinson, J.Attard, D.Bailey, S.Baker, L.Ball, K.Bardsley, T.Barker, C.Beetham, J.Begley, L.Beveridge, L.Bingham, S.Birss, H.Black, J.Blake, D.Bourke, B.Bowey, B.Brooks, T.Brown, N.Burke, A.Burns, G.Burns, C.Callaghan, B.Campbell, F.Campbell, L.Capsalis, M.Capuano, A.Carr, M.Carr, S.Charles, S.Clark, M.Clarke, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, F.Coghlan, G.Coghlan, B.Cook, S.Cranage, D.Craven, J.Cripps, S.Cummings, G.Cunningham, N.Dal Santo, J.Daniels, A.Darcy, I.Dargie, D.Davies, C.Davis, T.Delaney, S.Dempster, C.Devonport, A.DiPetta, L.Donald, G.Doyle, M.Dwyer, R.Eddy, J.Elliott, T.Elliott, R.Elphinstone, P.Everitt, M.Ferguson, A.Fiora, L.Fisher, S.Fisher, D.Flanigan, A.Fletcher, G.Fode, M.Ford, S.Foschini, T.Francis, D.Frawley, P.Freeman, M.Frost, M.Gale, C.Gardiner, M.Gardiner, J.Geary, F.Gehrig, J.Georgiou, S.Gilbert, B.Goddard, B.Gotch, J.Gowans, J.Gram, D.Grant, T.Gray, W.Green, D.Greig, B.Guerra, J.Gwilt, B.Hall, A.Hamill, R.Handley, N.Hanson, P.Harding, B.Harris, A.Harvey, L.Hayes, D.Healy, J.Heatley, C.Hemley, M.Heppell, J.Hilton, C.Hollow, B.Howard, M.Hudghton, B.Ingleton, M.Jackson, R.Jeffrey, A.Jones, B.Jones, C.Jones, G.Jones, S.Jones, W.Jones, M.Kennedy, R.Keogh, D.Kickett, S.King, D.Kitschke, T.Knobel, B.Knowles, J.Koschitzke, S.Kourkoumelis, J.Krakouer, J.Lamb, M.Lappin, S.Lawrence, G.Lawrie, C.Lister, T.Lockett, S.Loewe, G.MacMillan, M.Maguire, G.McAdam, P.McConville, B.McEvoy, M.McGough, J.McLaren, A.McLean, D.McNicholl, A.McQualter, S.Milne, G.Mitchell, D.Monkhorst, L.Montagna, R.Morris, B.Moyle, I.Muller, A.Murray, R.Neill, S.Newport, R.Nixon, G.Nugent, C.O'Brien, C.Oliver, R.Owen, J.Peckett, T.Pekin, L.Penny, J.Peter-Budge, J.Plapp, R.Powell, S.Powell, S.Ralphsmith, D.Rice, N.Riewoldt, M.Rix, P.Russo, D.Ryan, A.Schneider, T.Schwarze, J.Shanahan, C.Shaw, D.Shaw, K.Sheldon, D.Sierakowski, S.Simpson, J.Smith, R.Smith, N.Stone, D.Strooper, J.Sweeney, S.Sziller, K.Taylor, A.Thompson, B.Thompson, W.Thornborrow, J.Traianidis, S.Turner, L.Vidovic, B.Voss, D.Wakelin, S.Wakelin, B.Walton, F.Watts, B.Wilson, N.Winmar, B.Winton, C.Wittman, D.Wulf, M.Young

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Good to see he's keeping up with the Joneses.

"A.Jones, B.Jones, C.Jones, G.Jones, S.Jones, W.Jones"

I wonder if there will be issues getting players who are still playing for other clubs. e.g. Wakelin

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:These are all Harvey's teammates....

Teammates
C.Ackland, I.Aitken, J.Allen, T.Allen, D.Anderson, T.Antrobus, M.Arceri, D.Armitage, J.Arnol, B.Atkinson, J.Attard, D.Bailey, S.Baker, L.Ball, K.Bardsley, T.Barker, C.Beetham, J.Begley, L.Beveridge, L.Bingham, S.Birss, H.Black, J.Blake, D.Bourke, B.Bowey, B.Brooks, T.Brown, N.Burke, A.Burns, G.Burns, C.Callaghan, B.Campbell, F.Campbell, L.Capsalis, M.Capuano, A.Carr, M.Carr, S.Charles, S.Clark, M.Clarke, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, F.Coghlan, G.Coghlan, B.Cook, S.Cranage, D.Craven, J.Cripps, S.Cummings, G.Cunningham, N.Dal Santo, J.Daniels, A.Darcy, I.Dargie, D.Davies, C.Davis, T.Delaney, S.Dempster, C.Devonport, A.DiPetta, L.Donald, G.Doyle, M.Dwyer, R.Eddy, J.Elliott, T.Elliott, R.Elphinstone, P.Everitt, M.Ferguson, A.Fiora, L.Fisher, S.Fisher, D.Flanigan, A.Fletcher, G.Fode, M.Ford, S.Foschini, T.Francis, D.Frawley, P.Freeman, M.Frost, M.Gale, C.Gardiner, M.Gardiner, J.Geary, F.Gehrig, J.Georgiou, S.Gilbert, B.Goddard, B.Gotch, J.Gowans, J.Gram, D.Grant, T.Gray, W.Green, D.Greig, B.Guerra, J.Gwilt, B.Hall, A.Hamill, R.Handley, N.Hanson, P.Harding, B.Harris, A.Harvey, L.Hayes, D.Healy, J.Heatley, C.Hemley, M.Heppell, J.Hilton, C.Hollow, B.Howard, M.Hudghton, B.Ingleton, M.Jackson, R.Jeffrey, A.Jones, B.Jones, C.Jones, G.Jones, S.Jones, W.Jones, M.Kennedy, R.Keogh, D.Kickett, S.King, D.Kitschke, T.Knobel, B.Knowles, J.Koschitzke, S.Kourkoumelis, J.Krakouer, J.Lamb, M.Lappin, S.Lawrence, G.Lawrie, C.Lister, T.Lockett, S.Loewe, G.MacMillan, M.Maguire, G.McAdam, P.McConville, B.McEvoy, M.McGough, J.McLaren, A.McLean, D.McNicholl, A.McQualter, S.Milne, G.Mitchell, D.Monkhorst, L.Montagna, R.Morris, B.Moyle, I.Muller, A.Murray, R.Neill, S.Newport, R.Nixon, G.Nugent, C.O'Brien, C.Oliver, R.Owen, J.Peckett, T.Pekin, L.Penny, J.Peter-Budge, J.Plapp, R.Powell, S.Powell, S.Ralphsmith, D.Rice, N.Riewoldt, M.Rix, P.Russo, D.Ryan, A.Schneider, T.Schwarze, J.Shanahan, C.Shaw, D.Shaw, K.Sheldon, D.Sierakowski, S.Simpson, J.Smith, R.Smith, N.Stone, D.Strooper, J.Sweeney, S.Sziller, K.Taylor, A.Thompson, B.Thompson, W.Thornborrow, J.Traianidis, S.Turner, L.Vidovic, B.Voss, D.Wakelin, S.Wakelin, B.Walton, F.Watts, B.Wilson, N.Winmar, B.Winton, C.Wittman, D.Wulf, M.Young
Man! Waht a list!!! That would take some co-orinating. Brings back a lot of memories, that's for sure.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Geez every part of the scale in that list, in terms or what they gave to our club, from Francis and Monkhorst, through to Burke and Loewe.

Some very ordinary players on that list. Wasn't Fred Campbell the next Winmar???

Obviously one on that list very close to st kilda's heart won't be there, maybe Winmar and Lockett should have a think about him before knocking back the invitation.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I'ts going to be bloody hard to get into the Social Club after the game. :?

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:This is for this Sunday? What are they going to do for his last match then?
I hope it will be a final.

This is his last HOME game though...so the club can do more.

Being a HOME game will also hopefully ensure a good number of Saints fans in the crowd.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
borderbarry wrote:This is for this Sunday? What are they going to do for his last match then?
I hope it will be a final.

This is his last HOME game though...so the club can do more.

Being a HOME game will also hopefully ensure a good number of Saints fans in the crowd.
Hopefully the team won't be 'emotionally spent' for round 22 against the Dons!

GrumpyOne

Teammates
Did I see five #1 draft picks in that bunch?

HarveysDeciple

Of the current players he should get spider, (swans plat at the dome saturday night, surely Spide can just stick around an extra day).

Guerra won't make it as the hawks play in perth that day.

Shane Wakelin(see spider)

Barry Hall(see spider).

mcadam05
Club Player

saintm wrote:Was a list in yesterday's Herald-Sun of players the club were still trying to get in touch with - may be worth a look if any posters on here know ex-Saints players.

Could someone please post a link too the list, i cant find it :(

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Enough of the abuse of Plugger and Cuz you lot.

None of your business if they cant make it.

Plugger drove all day for Dean greigs testamonial when he lost half his leg, and then drove all the way back to Bowral. All in the one day.

Dont give me this s.hite about disrespecting Harvey. None of you know their relationship and the circumstances.

And dont EVER, EVER knock Cuz. He was a catylst in the aboriginal players being respected as people and brought hatred and bigotry and racism to a head in the AFL.

Cuz was a Saints champ, through and through.

Concentrate on the other 198 if you have to and leave your petty carping about our great champs out of it.

GFod some of you petty cabbages make me want to flaming well puke :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Saint Mik wrote:
jonesy wrote:Winmar and Plugger have turned it down apparently.
NO RESPECT for a club that put both players on the map

GIVE A LITTLE BACK to the great man at least
I agree with the comments but your kidding with this one aren't you . I'd argue it was almost the other way around with what they brought to the club . They would have been picked up by someone else anyway and I'm sure there aren't too many of us that would have preferred another club had the misfortune of getting them.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Enough of the abuse of Plugger and Cuz you lot.

Plugger drove all day for Dean greigs testamonial when he lost half his leg, and then drove all the way back to Bowral. All in the one day.

Dont give me this s.hite about disrespecting Harvey. None of you know their relationship and the circumstances.

And dont EVER, EVER knock Cuz. He was a catylst in the aboriginal players being respected as people and brought hatred and bigotry and racism to a head in the AFL.

Concentrate on the other 198 if you have to and leave your petty carping about our great champs out of it.

GFod some of you petty cabbages make me want to flaming well puke :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Joffaboy If i was a girl you'd be in a lot of trouble :wink: :wink: :wink:

Schillaci
Club Player

Teammates
A great list...brings back a lot of memories...
Barks taking speccies...remember seeing one on my uncle's shoulders at Lakeside Oval
Dean Greig's 40 possession game at Waverly
Jason Daniel's kicking
Greg Burns tucking the ball under one arm and using the other to fend off opponents
My sister screaming everytime Ralphsmith got a touch...

wish I could be at the game to see it. A great thing to do for Harves. Hopefully the team will lift for the occasion and have a memorable win.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Amazing when i think that i saw everyone of those players play for the Saints . Some i saw play in the magoo's more often than the seniors but they were teammates nevertheless......

Should be a good day,might have to take the binoculars.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Right on joffa..........

Just on another part of the players who will be there, I reckon Banger's brother would have been stoked to play a few games with the Great Man.

Hell I (and I reckon every other forumite) would loved to have played only one game with the Great Man.

Gonna be an awesome afternoon. Let's just hope the boys turn the positive energy and emotion into a winning formula at the end of the day.

Shame this thread had to turn into vitriol about those who can't make it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Some people just HAVE to have the last word :roll:

Well said Joff and TTSF..cant people put their bickering aside for just one measly week??

Agreed Snoops, gonna be a very emotional day..Gawd I just watched OLB's vid on SaintsCentral and got a bit misty....

Oh..and anyone who boos BBBBH and/or Spider within my earshot...just this once..will have me to answer to. If they can make the effort to turn up then we can make the effort not to be stupid :-)

I'm sure Banger will appreciate it :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Plugger not turning up? I hope he does, would be nice for Harves to have him there whatever the big man might think about the Saints. Always wondered why he wants nothing to do with us post his departure, was never that acrimonious a parting was it?

What a great day it will be on Sunday...so glad we are honouring Harves in this way...will be sad to see our greatest champion bow out this year....wish he had gone one more year!

I will be there as always...

he just might turn up....plugger once told me that banger was the best player he had seen play.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Now I am REALLY SCARED :shock: :? !!

I find myself in agreeance with the mankini wearing bling king :roll: :lol: :wink: !!

Sainterman
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Plugger not turning up? I hope he does, would be nice for Harves to have him there whatever the big man might think about the Saints. Always wondered why he wants nothing to do with us post his departure, was never that acrimonious a parting was it?

What a great day it will be on Sunday...so glad we are honouring Harves in this way...will be sad to see our greatest champion bow out this year....wish he had gone one more year!

I will be there as always...

he just might turn up....plugger once told me that banger was the best player he had seen play.....
I hope so Stinger, would be great to see him there. Was an amazing player to watch and was my childhood hero! Banger has long surpassed him, but wouldnt it be nice to see them together again...