FIORA IN THIS WEEK????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:
It's not a matter of that I'm actually 43 and hate texting and see it as a waste of time. I enjoy being on this forum as I do a lot of peoples views and opinions but also have a busy life and a business to run.

In the context of my life and life generally I see this as trivial (more so the older I get). Most people on here make punctuation or spelling errors but as long as I understand I couldn't care and why would you as long as it's not to the extreme?

But to actually reply to a post telling you that you missed a full stop IMO is a joke but we are all different and I suppose to some people it's very important in their lives.

By the way I agree with your post above this one about Fiora.
Hi W7. It's not missing a full stop or a comma etc. Agree that degree of anal correctness is way over the top. I was responding to another poster having similar frustrations with some posters writing large slabs of text without any punctuation at all. It does make it a lot harder to read and there's a lot of reading on here.
I made assumptions that you were in the same age bracket as some others on here whom I know are in their early / mid 20's and lead punctuation free lives. Sorry about that.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
It's not a matter of that I'm actually 43 and hate texting and see it as a waste of time. I enjoy being on this forum as I do a lot of peoples views and opinions but also have a busy life and a business to run.

In the context of my life and life generally I see this as trivial (more so the older I get). Most people on here make punctuation or spelling errors but as long as I understand I couldn't care and why would you as long as it's not to the extreme?

But to actually reply to a post telling you that you missed a full stop IMO is a joke but we are all different and I suppose to some people it's very important in their lives.

By the way I agree with your post above this one about Fiora.
Hi W7. It's not missing a full stop or a comma etc. Agree that degree of anal correctness is way over the top. I was responding to another poster having similar frustrations with some posters writing large slabs of text without any punctuation at all. It does make it a lot harder to read and there's a lot of reading on here.
I made assumptions that you were in the same age bracket as some others on here whom I know are in their early / mid 20's and lead punctuation free lives. Sorry about that.
No worries mate .

killa_gram
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
BigMart wrote: Fiora will not be accepted by saints fans because he comes from the tigers where he was a whipping boy because he was selected above PAV.....

He is a better footballer than Jones/Eddy simply because he can actually hurt the opposition when in form
Yeh Mart we get the picture that anyone who's played at elite level needs to have a certain amount of physicality to be in the game. That's the starting point. If you haven't got that you don't even get onto the ground.
So yes, Fiora's physically tougher than me, you or Barks4eva. So what. Just because of that he's a protected species immune from criticism?
Can hurt the opposition when in form???? When was that?

He's poor in one on one contests, losing his footing too easily.
He doesn't get enough of the footy to compensate for his lack of hard ball gets.
He doesn't kick enough goals to earn his keep as a forward flanker.
He can't play in the backline. Period.
His disposal is good but he has to get it first.
He just doesn't really shine in any one area.
Needs to be de-listed IMO. Waste of time keeping him.
Great post, you hit the nail right on the head.

Of his 140 games how many good ones has he played? And I mean in the best type of performances. I would say only a handful. Just not good enough.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

cant bleive he is playing close to 150 games. pretty good milestone. i reckon hes probably played 20 good games.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just three weeks ago he hurt Port......and helped us win a game we were losing - yes?????

I would say David Rodan is one of the hardest guys in the AFL to beat one on one in a loose ball situation (due to his speed and low centre of gravity) Fiora kept his feet against him, knocked him off the ball, and carried the ball and hit a fwd with a 40m pass.....so in one instant he did everything you said he cannot do.....

He does NOT do that near enough which is why he is a 120K fringe player....not Lenny Hayes......accept that first and then judge him.....

his goalkiking is Woeful (at <50%) in recent years.....nail those goals, and he would become more confident, not get taken off so much....and his stats would be better - a goalkicking mid with run and carry would be nice.....that said....he missed the goals and continues to frustrate....

My point is.......he is NOT a star...but he is NOT hopeless or soft - at times he displays immense courage for a stick figure.....just does not back himself enough, and hesitates...

Sobraz
SS Life Member

My goodness....3 pages of Fiora talk is well above his market value...

Facts are, Fiora is a squib who has a bit of ability, but has not been able to bring it out at the top level... He has been backed in by optimistic coaches hoping he has turned the corner, only to let down all and sundry over and over again... His time is up!!

I'm glad that his career with us is certainly over soon, and he has worn the saints jumper for the last time...

Strange that some in the thread have the audacity to stick up for Fiora, yet those same posters bag Kosi at every opportunity, who is the exact opposite of everything that is wrong with the squib...

BTW bigmart.... the Rodan/fiora contest was a fluke... Rodan tripped... but use it as evidence of his ability all you want... its all you've got after 4 seasons... Remember when he ducked his head!!.... :roll:

kalsaint
Club Player

villasaint wrote:Fiora would be fitter than X, Steven is yet to play senior footy and would be a bit of a risk given the importance of the game . Birss is the most likely. I would prefer that we gave Steven a chance. Reserves form ok. A goal sneak might get under the crows gaurd. Could go the opposite was also. Particularly if the had to play on someone like stiffy johncock
Nice thougtht but 3 small forwards?!!! Seems not to be the right balance in my mind (unless Milney doesn't play although he's named).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:My goodness....3 pages of Fiora talk is well above his market value...

Facts are, Fiora is a squib who has a bit of ability, but has not been able to bring it out at the top level... He has been backed in by optimistic coaches hoping he has turned the corner, only to let down all and sundry over and over again... His time is up!!

I'm glad that his career with us is certainly over soon, and he has worn the saints jumper for the last time...

Strange that some in the thread have the audacity to stick up for Fiora, yet those same posters bag Kosi at every opportunity, who is the exact opposite of everything that is wrong with the squib...

BTW bigmart.... the Rodan/fiora contest was a fluke... Rodan tripped... but use it as evidence of his ability all you want... its all you've got after 4 seasons... Remember when he ducked his head!!.... :roll:
Whilst I respect your entitlement to voice your opinion... I don't hink that it's a defence of Fiora IMO. Now I can't speak for others, but I don't like vindictive bagging of players.

Fiora is a GOP for our club. His merit or otherwise is open to debate. But at least give the guy some repect FFS.

To call him a squibb is the equal to someone calling your mum or wife a sl#t IMO.

I'm not sticking up for the guy... his future is entirely in his hands, and the coach will make the informed decision come season's end.

But gee, do we really need to say some of the crap that's spewed out on this forum? He's not the only underperforming player ATM.

Oh yeah... but that's the coach's fault. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

How he is even at the club still is a mystery, not good enough at Richmond, how on earth is he good enough for us? He isn't. FACT!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

To call an AFL footballer a squib.......is surely a joke......tell me you jest, and are not a complete fool....otherwise I am debating fo no reason.....

I do not believe Fiora is a Good AFL footballer......definitely not this season......he is really struggling.....

But he is not the girl many make out him to be......he just is not M.Voss....in ability or strength......he is just an outside runner, who can go missing or can hit form ......ala 2007.......but hi inconsistency is his undoing....get it into your brain......he is a fringe 120K player, they all have flaws (Rix, Birss, L.Fisher, Fergson, Gwilt, etc.....)

His best is clearly AFL level......his worst is poor...

Robert Eddy's/CJ's/Mini's/Dempster's best will never be as good....They are not one touch, not as good overhead, and definitely not as good a kick.......but......their worst will be a lot better than Aaron's

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I watched him today very closely again.

He just doesn't put in. Can have all the skills in the world but if you don't put in the effort it counts for zero.

Today, good example right in front of me. Gets a handball away, gets smothered, loose ball is within two metres. He stops. He props. An opponent gets the ball and another shepherds Fiora off the ball. Fiora feigns an effort to get around the shepherd and then just stops running. The ball is still within 10 metres of him.

Skill without effort is not acceptable.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.