The Official "I LOVE ROSS LYON" thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I said all year we should wait to the end of the H&A season to review Ross Lyon.

Lets see

Preseason Flag

Top Four in season proper.

I vote for retaining him. :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Well, Top 4, no matter how lucky we were (on the weekend), we are there.

Great win today, the structure was very good, no matter how bad the Bombers were, we played a great attacking game plan. Where has it been all year?

Like Everton I remain a skeptic, but I am very happy to be ultimately proven wrong, top 4 is just the start obviously.

If we win a final, RL gets a tick for the year, a GF berth or more (god forbid), well immortality beckons.

This game of footy is all about timing, and for once we may have some :shock:

Prove my sceptatism wrong, I like the egg on my face sunnyside up :wink: :wink: :wink:

JeffDunne

Ross has given our team belief.

We've seen that repeatedly over the last half of the season.

Why we lost it is irrlevant now as he's brought it back stronger than ever.

God bless him. 8-)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Ross Lyon has shown us that he is one tough bugger and a very good coach in the making. We have some serious talent up in the box working for us now. Keep it up Rossy - very well done.
He coaches as he played - tough as nails.

He gives nothing away to ANYONE and doesnt give a toss about the insults just the result.

Hes hard nosed and GENUINELY mentally strong WITHOUT the need to dominate with ego - its what has always given me a sense of confidence bout the man...that and he HAD done a proposer apprenticeship in coaching so he knows the caper.

He just starting to build a side,inclusive of proper fitness/list management and the best part is,.......with some STABILITY we aint seen the best yet.

Just dont bring Fiora back....

“Yeah….nah””
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Over the last 2 years I've had many, many doubts - to put it mildly. After round 3 this year I was "over" Ross Lyon football. When he dropped Milne and Dal I was thinking here was the last desperate effort of a man who for however long he remained, be it '08 or '09, was merely marking time.

Put mildly again - I was wrong.

We've just hit top 4, with a lot of players peaking at the right time. Goddard put up 30 disposals today with 100% efficiency; that's just not done! Milne is possibly in career best form. Gram looks like a midfielder - and with Goddard and Gram in the mix, with Ball coming back, our midfield has depth for the first time in a long time. There's plenty of reason to be positive about the coming weeks - we won't have to leave Melbourne, after next week we're on the friendly side of the draw, and the mercurial gameplan appears to have sunk in.

Rather than speculate on whether Lyon will be around, we're now in a place to lift the bar for next year - there will be the challenge of replacing Harvey, but the last 2 weeks have capped a very strong 2nd half, and whatever happens in the weeks to come, the signs are there to dream on for the offseason.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Over the last 2 years I've had many, many doubts - to put it mildly. After round 3 this year I was "over" Ross Lyon football. When he dropped Milne and Dal I was thinking here was the last desperate effort of a man who for however long he remained, be it '08 or '09, was merely marking time.

Put mildly again - I was wrong.

We've just hit top 4, with a lot of players peaking at the right time. Goddard put up 30 disposals today with 100% efficiency; that's just not done! Milne is possibly in career best form. Gram looks like a midfielder - and with Goddard and Gram in the mix, with Ball coming back, our midfield has depth for the first time in a long time. There's plenty of reason to be positive about the coming weeks - we won't have to leave Melbourne, after next week we're on the friendly side of the draw, and the mercurial gameplan appears to have sunk in.

Rather than speculate on whether Lyon will be around, we're now in a place to lift the bar for next year - there will be the challenge of replacing Harvey, but the last 2 weeks have capped a very strong 2nd half, and whatever happens in the weeks to come, the signs are there to dream on for the offseason.
Yep great points.

To me the biggie is the midfield depth Lyon has addded - we simply arent reliant on a "fab 4" where opposition sides need to only sit on the best ball user in Dal.....now Goddard/Gram also gives cause for concern......SMART coaching.

He goes ok Roscoe.

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sorry you guys are all delusional... read the Fox Report tomorrow and be straightened out on how crap Ross is and why the win today was not really a good win. :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Sorry you guys are all delusional...
Hey - it's been a long, emotional rollercoaster of a weekend. Hell - it's been the same way for the whole year. I've got a headache and my voice is gone and I'm still not sure I can really believe what I saw earlier. If I wake up tomorrow and it's Sunday morning and we've got a game against Essendon to play, I won't be surprised. Don't blame me for being delusional. It was the footy that made me that way.

The win today (provided it really happened) just raises the bar higher. Hopefully we're done with the 'sack Lyon' threads for a while, but I don't think people around here will be content with just making top-4. I don't just want to play Geelong, I want to beat them. I think most of you feel the same way. I believe in this team and I believe in our coaches. In the end, all that hard work just means more hard work ahead. All the excuses are gone. We've got the players. We've got the coaches. All that's left to do is win.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:What...where are the Trojan Horse...and Barney the Dinosaur....and our gameplan is rubbish posts???
Wheres "Iwantmebrain"

:lol:
You mean "Iwetmysheets" :wink:

mebabble, Iwetmysheets and dodgy are always good for a laugh though :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
benengel14
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:What...where are the Trojan Horse...and Barney the Dinosaur....and our gameplan is rubbish posts???
Wheres "Iwantmebrain"

:lol:
You mean "Iwetmysheets" :wink:

mebabble, Iwetmysheets and dodgy are always good for a laugh though :lol:
Surely you guys can bury the hatchet for a few weeks, it wouldn't kill you to give these guys a break in some of the threads.

It really can't hurt to forgive and forget in this case. Although I think the forum would settle for 'just forget'

mischa
Club Player

Ross has definitely done a very good job. We started to play with a much more attacking mindset around the North Melbourne game-moving the ball quicker and getting it to our forwards. Well done to Ross/coaching staff and the players :)

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I said all year we should wait to the end of the H&A season to review Ross Lyon.

Lets see

Preseason Flag

Top Four in season proper.

I vote for retaining him. :D

Exactly! When I saw the "preseason flag and Top Four" it has put the biggest smile on my face.

I haven't been a Ross Lyon bagger on this forum, but I must say I was getting a little worried about my belief in him after that Sydney game.
But I had a little faith and you know being a St Kilda supporter that faith normally gets burnt.

Its nice to have a change !!!!! ITS FARKING BRILLIANT !!!!
(I am still over the moon this morning)

Now to head to work and face my supervisor who is a farking Geelong supporter. Its going to be a very interesting week.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The thing I liked about him is when going through that horrible frustrating patch copping a mass of criticism for all including the media about his game plan he kept his cool and stuck to his guns.

For me he showed a lot of character and I'm sure he's gained a lot of respect with proving so many wrong.

As I said early in the year regardless of how bad a coach seems to be going they need and deserve 2 years to really make any judgement.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.....

We're about to find out a whole lot more about his coaching ability.

F*** me what a way to hit the finals!

asiu

F*** me what a way to hit the finals!

:)

have a great day everyone

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Official "I LOVE ROSS LYON" thread

JeffDunne wrote:Image
Where can I order one of these with Ross' mug on the back?

Nice work Ross...Go Saints, stick it up 'em!!!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Massive lesson for all of us...

You gotta keep the faith. There IS a long term plan in place, and RL and the club have proved many to be wrong, for now.

Hopefully next year, if we get off to a slow start, we won't see all the reactive BS about coach etc.

Anyone who says we are lucky to be 4th, needs their head read. The opp was there, and we took it.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I can only assume most on this thread are taking the piiss?

starsign
Club Player

if i've gotta follow foxy-loxy well so be it!

I just want to say I think RL's doing a good job, and like the way he just sticks firm to the " work in progress" line.

"We are still working on improving our game", and I think its been a 2 way journey so far between coach and our list, with a fair bit of self wrapped up in this scenario as well.
Both have improved pretty consistantly throughout the trip so far

One thing though, and as painfull as its been, we had to go down that track of learning the disciplined accountable stuff , 'cos you can never build a good solid fortress on shite foundations

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Where's the Dud with RL on his Avatar?

I think It's about time he remove it before he starts looking any more foolish.

Boy did that backfire on him.