We have Beaten Geelong this year....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevos2151
Club Player

We have Beaten Geelong this year....

In the NAB Cup. Lol
Watching the game now to see how we did it.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Gut running, hard work and a 'devil may care' attitude

oh when
Club Player

We need to gang tackle them from the first bounce - that is how Cwood beat them this year. I think this is an area we have improved in since the Hawthorn game - all sides crumble when pressured constantly. Go get em Saints.

Batnoe

Bring Fraser Gehrig in- tell him to hit Gary Ablett, Jimmy Bartel, Chapman, steve Johnson and scarlett they they're all concussed, he will get banned for life

santazzi
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:Bring Fraser Gehrig in- tell him to hit Gary Ablett, Jimmy Bartel, Chapman, steve Johnson and scarlett they they're all concussed, he will get banned for life
This brings memories.....I watched the 2004 pre-season cup final a couple of weeks ago......first bounce.....commentator " Guerra in under....Ling is in trouble...."....Powell.." you got what you asked for you red headed $#$@...".....Wow that set the scene...........that match remains one of my favorites.....

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Bring Fraser Gehrig in- tell him to hit Gary Ablett, Jimmy Bartel, Chapman, steve Johnson and scarlett they they're all concussed, he will get banned for life
save that strategy for the GF

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
This brings memories.....
This brings memories of Ablett senior in 1991 - the last time we played Geelong in a final.

Down at Waverley, beautiful sunny day (but about 6 degrees coz it was Waverley). Kenny Sheldon as coach. We were in form, coming off four big wins. Lockett missed one from the square in the first quarter, in his first final. Ablett belted David Grant and Burkey early. No fit players to come on - we went down by 7 points.

Anyone remember that one? I could never forgive the mongrel after that game.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
santazzi wrote:
This brings memories of Ablett senior in 1991 - the last time we played Geelong in a final.

Down at Waverley, beautiful sunny day (but about 6 degrees coz it was Waverley). Kenny Sheldon as coach. We were in form, coming off four big wins. Lockett missed one from the square in the first quarter, in his first final. Ablett belted David Grant and Burkey early. No fit players to come on - we went down by 7 points.

oh yeah. I remember it all too well. Thanks for bringing it up :D

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

bergholt wrote:
santazzi wrote:

Yeah, I was there too. Ablett tried to clean Spud up in the 3rd qtr but missed.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah I was there .. I was actually dirty on spud for the next 2 years after that - I thought he should have fixed Ablett up or at least put the fear of God into Ablett after the Grant incident. Ablett would never have got away with that against the Hawks, Essendon or Collingwood.

No doubt Ablett cost us that match and our place in the finals.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

santazzi wrote:
This brings memories.....I watched the 2004 pre-season cup final a couple of weeks ago......first bounce.....commentator " Guerra in under....Ling is in trouble...."....Powell.." you got what you asked for you red headed $#$@...".....Wow that set the scene...........that match remains one of my favorites.....
haha i got the dvd out just to re-live that moment!! That is so damn funny! Lingy and his haircut!

Go saints in '09!