What do you think?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Michele
Club Player

What do you think?

This is the first time I have actually started a thread so I hope this is ok to ask?

On the radio this morning in Perth they were talking about the finals ( this has been rare since there are no WA Teams) and the comment was about St Kilda and whether or not we should just be glad to have got as far as we have, it was almost saying don't even try too hard this week as Geelong are going to hammer whatever team and at least if we just get beaten in the semi at least you are not humiliated by Geelong in the Grand final and that it will be better for our morale ( both team and supporters) to lose this week.

It seemed to me they were saying no other teams should bother playing and hand the premiership to Geelong and forget the year.

The more I thought about this the crankier I got because we do have a chance to wn any team that gets to the Grand Final does. I am really contemplating send them an email but not sure if I am just overreacting.
Michele

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Re: What do you think?

St Michele wrote:it was almost saying don't even try too hard this week as Geelong are going to hammer whatever team and at least if we just get beaten in the semi at least you are not humiliated by Geelong in the Grand final
I've got money on saying they won't even make it to the GF 8-) :lol: :wink: The truth is, nobody honestly know what's going to happen. It's all heresy and speculation. Geelong will drop one sooner or later....and badly :twisted:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

The whole footy world is ready to hand the cup to the Cats.

Now we all know, in reality, Geelong will probably win tomorrow night, and, probably the next week too.

But there are no certainties in this game.

Write us off at your peril.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Favourites do not always win.......and if they did there would be no bookies :wink:

....and there are lots of bookies....so.....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
davidgrantfan
Club Player

As they say in the classics.."football is a funny game" ..Anything could happen.

I moved back to Melb this year to help see St Kilda into the finals. After picking up KING, Schneider and Dempster so cheaply, and Harves pledging to do one more year, and announcing his faith in Ross Lyon, I was convinced that we could make the finals and had the cattle and know how to do it.

Surely, we have come far enough this year to convince the doubters that we have a coach who has the ability to identify talent in our player list, and the balls to give them a go and develop., while so many of our so- called "supporters" wanted coach and players sacked.

If we do make it to the GF I expect RL will still have tricks up his sleeve. That's exactly what helps win games at the pointy end. Well that, plus running the side into peak form at the right time...

GO Sainters!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

St. Luke wrote:
St Michele wrote:it was almost saying don't even try too hard this week as Geelong are going to hammer whatever team and at least if we just get beaten in the semi at least you are not humiliated by Geelong in the Grand final
I've got money on saying they won't even make it to the GF 8-) :lol:
What's the saying about fools and their money!?!?!

8-)

ScubaSam44
Club Player

thats absolute crap.

anything could happen friday night.
cats mite go down with a bang, if they play like they did with collingwood, when they lost.

anything could happen.

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
davidgrantfan
Club Player

Exactly! Scuba Sam44

I just love it when the media gets it so wrong, and they often do.

"Even the most widely held opinions should never be regarded as an ultimate truth"...Science and Public Policy Institute USA.. on the subject of climate change.
sensaint
Club Player

I heard that as well this morning St Michele, made me angry, it all happens on the day, sry night, anything can happen, but the Saints in a Grand Final is what we all want.
Probably see you at the Karalee sat.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

davidgrantfan wrote:As they say in the classics.."football is a funny game" ..Anything could happen.

I moved back to Melb this year to help see St Kilda into the finals. After picking up KING, Schneider and Dempster so cheaply, and Harves pledging to do one more year, and announcing his faith in Ross Lyon, I was convinced that we could make the finals and had the cattle and know how to do it.

Surely, we have come far enough this year to convince the doubters that we have a coach who has the ability to identify talent in our player list, and the balls to give them a go and develop., while so many of our so- called "supporters" wanted coach and players sacked.

If we do make it to the GF I expect RL will still have tricks up his sleeve. That's exactly what helps win games at the pointy end. Well that, plus running the side into peak form at the right time...

GO Sainters!
Loooooooooove your sign in name. Did you go to Moorabbin?

Qld Saints Supporter Group
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
St. Luke wrote:
I've got money on saying they won't even make it to the GF 8-) :lol:
What's the saying about fools and their money!?!?!

8-)
Lucky fools?? :P

I didn't bet a whole heap of money on it...does that make me less of a fool? :lol: :wink:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintly_safes
Club Player

Yeah they hate the fact that West Coast & Freo have finished in the bottom 4 & its all a Victorian conspicacy to help Melbourne clubs get an unfair advantage over interstate clubs. My heart is bleeding for these poor unfortunate WA clubs that have struggled this year, its just not fair the afl need to do something to stop this rediculous phemonina :wink:

ScubaSam44
Club Player

I say that if the boys have enough determination to win it for harves to give him his Fairytail ending........ im pretty sure they could pull through.

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote: Geelong are going to hammer whatever team and at least if we just get beaten in the semi at least you are not humiliated by Geelong in the Grand final and that it will be better for our morale ( both team and supporters) to lose this week.
i wonder if they would say the same if the beloved teams were in with a chance ??

fact is WA footy Experts dont know th differance between their elbows and thier arses

im extreemly proud of our boys to get to a prelim and if we beat thee hawks ill be over the moon there is only one sure thing in footy and that is 100% of grand final winning teams won their prelim so you have got to be in it to win it even if the experts say its all geelongs come g/f day anything can happen

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint vince
Club Player

Sorry St Trav but in the days if the final 4 lots of premiers didn't even play in the prelim.

:P

Go saints 08