Media blindness.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Viking3
Club Player

Media blindness.

How long have we been hearing about Buddy "the best player in the league", "unstoppable" "will he be the best player ever" etc. etc. etc. How about some credit when it's due. Max gave him a good old fashion flogging last night and gets bugger all recognition from the media for it.
Bl**dy great game Max. You were fantastic and I applaud you.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

When the media said that buddy only got 1 goal they said it was because he was on the bench for alot of the game because of injury

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
golden hawk
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:When the media said that buddy only got 1 goal they said it was because he was on the bench for alot of the game because of injury
media don't know what they are on about Buddy moved up field cause your guy was doing a good job too so well done he did get touches and got the ball to others so was more a helper then a scorer kudos to Max .

on max is he retiring or something i read the age and it is in the aust too could not find it in age site forgot what heading to look for but still found it somewhere else .

something that the might Harvs said
With Harvey retired, attention will now turn to encouraging fullback Max Hudghton, 32, to play one more season and shore up the side's defence.

Hudghton was one of the best players last night in keeping Hawk Lance Franklin to one goal, and Lyon said there was a strong indication the veteran would play on.

Harvey was the ideal person to state age should not be a barrier.

“He's 32, he should sign a three-year deal,â€

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Clarkson say after the game, something to the effect that Buddy was a decoy forward and that he played him up the ground? Like he had planned for him to be shut down? I could be wrong cause I only was half listening in my state of shock :shock:

StSteven
Club Player

Don't be seduced by the media. While we were the "media darlings" last week, the moment we are out of the finals we no longer exist. They have to have a personality, a team, an incident to 'bang on about" for a few days then find another.

Far too lazy to study anything objectively or write anything in depth.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Didn't Clarkson say after the game, something to the effect that Buddy was a decoy forward and that he played him up the ground? Like he had planned for him to be shut down? I could be wrong cause I only was half listening in my state of shock :shock:
So you play a bloke whos kicked 110 goals this year as decoy forward" and hope he'll be shut out of the game? Yeah right.

Suck it up Hawks. Kudo's to you for being the better side by far on the night, but your gold and brown God is mortal after all.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Didn't Clarkson say after the game, something to the effect that Buddy was a decoy forward and that he played him up the ground? Like he had planned for him to be shut down? I could be wrong cause I only was half listening in my state of shock :shock:
So you play a bloke whos kicked 110 goals this year as decoy forward" and hope he'll be shut out of the game? Yeah right.

Suck it up Hawks. Kudo's to you for being the better side by far on the night, but your gold and brown God is mortal after all.
Thought you were better than that. What have they got to suck up. Are they not in the GF however well Max played so Clarkson can say what he likes.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Thought you were better than that. What have they got to suck up. Are they not in the GF however well Max played so Clarkson can say what he likes.
Just thought that Clarkson was making silly excuses for Buddy...almost to the point of refusing to believe that he could be beaten one-on-one, sore thumb or otherwise.

Whats wrong with "Look Max played a great game on Buddy but it was pleasing to see that others stepped up in his place"? Which to me is much closer to the truth. No point playing mind games with St Kilda til 2009 is there?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

Just thought that Clarkson was making silly excuses for Buddy...almost to the point of refusing to believe that he could be beaten one-on-one, sore thumb or otherwise.

Whats wrong with "Look Max played a great game on Buddy but it was pleasing to see that others stepped up in his place"? Which to me is much closer to the truth. No point playing mind games with St Kilda til 2009 is there?
Firstly from the post we dont actually know if he said it and if he did he may be telling the truth or he may be making an excuse so Buddy can keep his confidence up for the GF. Afterall he is pretty important to them because if he doesnt kick a few against Geelong they probably cannot win.

golden hawk
Club Player

Buddy quite often goes up the ground , and if it took Max then all the better for our other guys , your team were so worried about Buddy that you had 4 on him [ a neutral supporter told me that ] if that was the case then we had 3 spare men running around getting the ball and kicking goals or assisting others kicking the goals Buddy even helped get others goals .

golden hawk
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saint66au wrote:

i read some where where Clarko did prasie Max on his job on Buddy ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
Buddy quite often goes up the ground , and if it took Max then all the better for our other guys , your team were so worried about Buddy that you had 4 on him [ a neutral supporter told me that ] if that was the case then we had 3 spare men running around getting the ball and kicking goals or assisting others kicking the goals Buddy even helped get others goals .
I always wonder about the life of a guy that would post on another teams forum. Bad enough I am on this but someone from another club. Get a life.

golden hawk
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
I always wonder about the life of a guy that would post on another teams forum. Bad enough I am on this but someone from another club. Get a life.
dear i have been posting here on and off for a while ask St Fid he knows me quite well , by the way i am female !

Baldock Rules
Club Player

golden hawk wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
dear i have been posting here on and off for a while ask St Fid he knows me quite well , by the way i am female !
Golden Hawk is one of the opposition posters most here appreciate as a genuine,intelligent poster.

Would rather read her posts than some of your sarcastic garbage to be honest :roll:

Take no notice GH :wink:
Last edited by Baldock Rules on Mon 22 Sep 2008 10:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Baldock Rules wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
Golden Hawk is one of the opposition posters most here appreciate as a genuine,intelligent poster.

Would rather read her posts than some of your garbage to be honest :roll:

Thanks for that.

Baldock Rules
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Baldock Rules wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:

Thanks for that.
Hard to respect someone who has no respect for others opinions.

May,be we could both try harder :wink:

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Baldock Rules wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Baldock Rules wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
golden hawk wrote:

Thanks for that.
Hard to respect someone who has no respect for others opinions.

May,be we could both try harder :wink:
I was nice to her compared to what said on Saturday night.