I apologise

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Raven wrote:I just think plugger66 raises a good point, come to think of it he does that often, whether people realize it or not.
Yes, he does. Still a tool though. Whether he realises it or not.
Thank you.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:the singing was farking disgusting

and the 'let me entertain you' by the passed-used-by-date kate was even worse...her adding in crapola imbetween lyrics about football players entertaining really was...shut the F*** up fatso noone likes you

hopefully harvey's legacy is that this great football club grows up...both in players and supporters
Will you grow up? Fair dinkum. The above comment about Kate Ceberano is pathetic. Very much a reflection on your character.
shut up...you don't know me...you don't know me fool
On the contrary, your posts tell alot about you. 'shut the F*** up fatso noone like you" - all class.

Apart from the fact that the question must be asked, how do you know literally no one likes her.

But to call someone a 'fatso' just is really pathetic. I can live with the rest of your post, but you wonder why kids of today have self esteem issues when people think like this.
thank you for the lesson in class, i shall look to take what you have highlighted and work on it

and how do kids of today have anything to do with this??? i commented on her terrible singing skills and inability to look remotely attractive is all...fair comment i say...im entitled to my opinion regardless of whether or not it comes up to your 'let's construe this to bring childhood obesity somehow into this and divert from the actual topic of st kilda and being losers and a sub-topic of why kate cebrano is on my tv screen yelling' o-meter...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
plugger66 wrote: plugger66 MO, Insert previous post in here and write a one line nonsensical response

You really should be apologising for lacking the ability to write a post without a quote from a previous poster.

It really is an annoying habit, even more so than your random punctuation and infrequent use of capital letters.
Had to include your post or it would have made no sense which you may say is how I always write but your post confuses me. Didnt I start this topic. Cannot see any other post quoted. As for my spelling sorry but I was poor at English but if it is important to you I will make no effort.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:the singing was farking disgusting

and the 'let me entertain you' by the passed-used-by-date kate was even worse...her adding in crapola imbetween lyrics about football players entertaining really was...shut the F*** up fatso noone likes you

hopefully harvey's legacy is that this great football club grows up...both in players and supporters
Will you grow up? Fair dinkum. The above comment about Kate Ceberano is pathetic. Very much a reflection on your character.
shut up...you don't know me...you don't know me fool
On the contrary, your posts tell alot about you. 'shut the F*** up fatso noone like you" - all class.

Apart from the fact that the question must be asked, how do you know literally no one likes her.

But to call someone a 'fatso' just is really pathetic. I can live with the rest of your post, but you wonder why kids of today have self esteem issues when people think like this.
thank you for the lesson in class, i shall look to take what you have highlighted and work on it

and how do kids of today have anything to do with this??? i commented on her terrible singing skills and inability to look remotely attractive is all...fair comment i say...im entitled to my opinion regardless of whether or not it comes up to your 'let's construe this to bring childhood obesity somehow into this and divert from the actual topic of st kilda and being losers and a sub-topic of why kate cebrano is on my tv screen yelling' o-meter...
I'm glad you have taken notice.

Coming from a family who had a cousin who tried to commit suicide over body issues and self image and being called 'fatso' at school, this is a sore point for me.

Thank you for your understanding.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Richter
SS Life Member

but all those teams won things

what did we win?
Oh dear, you don't get it do you?

Let me explain it slowly to you...... teams that have won things also have worshipped superstars in them - not just us...... so do you reckon it is because we have idols in our team that we don't win things or something else?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

what did we win?

Let me explain it slowly to you...... teams that have won things also have worshipped superstars in them - not just us...... so do you reckon it is because we have idols in our team that we don't win things or something else?
We had Plugger. Loewe, Burkie, Harvs and Winmar all idolised by fans and we didnt win anything. The other players hear the supporters saying how good our champions are and just dont work hard enough to improve their own game. And even the other players worshipped some of these guys. The worshipping does effect the other players IMO.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

'King' Carey was worshipped and won a few along the way.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
ScubaSam44
Club Player

what you said was not needed.
but then again, it was your opinion.
everyone can have there opinion, its whether everyone else agree's though.

Harvey is amazing.
always has been.
true saints supporters, and lovers of AFL know that.
he's ended his time with us, for his own reasons.
its time to move on, focus on the next year.
:D

GOOO HARVES. Legend

Theres no substitute for hardwork- Robert Harvey.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

what did we win?

We had Plugger. Loewe, Burkie, Harvs and Winmar all idolised by fans and we didnt win anything. The other players hear the supporters saying how good our champions are and just dont work hard enough to improve their own game. And even the other players worshipped some of these guys. The worshipping does effect the other players IMO.
i remember harv's talking about the playing group at the end of 97 stating that everyone else thought we would be right etc etc the flag would win itself

make that of what you will...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:'King' Carey was worshipped and won a few along the way.
So is Franklin and there is nothing wrong with it but wait till next year there will be threads on will Roo win the brownlow or the goalkicking or be AA captain. What about a thread on will he be our second premiership Captain.

Richter
SS Life Member

I hear the argument Plug I just don't agree with it.

How did it effect Essendon with Hird? Or the Kangaroos with Carey?

Or from other sports....... Manchester United with Cristiano Ronaldo........

----------------------------------

Problem is not that we have one superstar, it's that we don't have 5 like Geelong do, or Brisbane had.

I agree that the team needs an ethic that allows it to be greater than the individual parts - I guess that's the part of the Swans culture that we hope that RL has brought with him.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:'King' Carey was worshipped and won a few along the way.
So is Franklin and there is nothing wrong with it but wait till next year there will be threads on will Roo win the brownlow or the goalkicking or be AA captain. What about a thread on will he be our second premiership Captain.
a fans worship and admiration will be pushes to the extreme's making him untouchable to scrutiny etc etc

poor roo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I hear the argument Plug I just don't agree with it.

How did it effect Essendon with Hird? Or the Kangaroos with Carey?

Or from other sports....... Manchester United with Cristiano Ronaldo........

----------------------------------

Problem is not that we have one superstar, it's that we don't have 5 like Geelong do, or Brisbane had.

I agree that the team needs an ethic that allows it to be greater than the individual parts - I guess that's the part of the Swans culture that we hope that RL has brought with him.
Because even though they idolise their player the first thing those supporters want is a flag the first we want from our champ is to get the most votes ever in the Brownlow, an individual award.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Oh please... look at buddy and ablett.

Every team does it.

Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Because even though they idolise their player the first thing those supporters want is a flag the first we want from our champ is to get the most votes ever in the Brownlow, an individual award.
So, let me get it straight, you think that Saints supporters partly as judged by reading this website are not desperate for a premiership?

Hmmmmm, wrong.

JeffDunne

I actually think people are missing the point of this thread.

p66 was being his usual contrary self and made a goose of himself.

This thread was nothing more than self justification for acting like a knob.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I actually think people are missing the point of this thread.

No it was to explain to people like you of little knowledge that we should make sure our next legends are 22 premiership players. A goose of myself big deal you dont know me so why would I care and I have made a goose of myself many times like you have.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I cant believe the amount of complete garbage from whoa to go in this thread, what a crock of s***. Wether a player is adored , or hated, or otherwise has absolutely nothing to do with how we peform as a team. I repeat, ABSOLTELY SFA!! What is wrong with some of you people, its just laughable.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Champion Team > Team of Champions

my les foote
Club Player

P66 doesn't like the cult of the individual so he starts a thread about himself?

Win it for HIM!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:P66 doesn't like the cult of the individual so he starts a thread about himself?
snap....you nailed it in one :wink: :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
linz
Club Player

It's all about TEAM from now on. The Saints have always been endowed with champion individual players.

Barker was offered bucket loads as was Harvey to go to Carlton.

Don't get me started again though 'cause it's also about honesty &
brown paper bags full of money and cheating.

At the end of the day you need money to win a flag. Money buys you a midfield. That's why Carlton will have another flag within 3 years. $$$$$$$$$

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

It was totally inappropriate plugger66 - as you know and you've admitted,

you've apologised

we all make mistakes

lets move on! (as Harves would say!)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Can we move this to the general forum...on the grounds that it's a waste of space :x :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I actually think people are missing the point of this thread.

agreed

starts out apologising and yet spends the rest of his OP defending what he did. Huh?

seriosuly it would have been a sensible post at any other time in any other topic. But he decided to ruin what was a good thread about a great tribute (on a night to give thanks and celebrate the individual and there contribution to the sport).

Make that comment today in a thread about the team going forward, hell I would agree. But at the time it was like spitting in the face of those paying tribute to the great man.

Shame plugger66 has terrible taste and an IQ lower then a sydney full time score.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith