KOSI

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

KOSI

People keep asking who would replace kosi. i think the question entails the kosi dilemma.

the answer is we need 2 players to replace him. a mobile forward and a tap ruckmen. kosis problem is he is both and neither. not agile enough to be a real forward and not tall enough to be a real ruckmen (he is 196cm - ottens is 202cm) - the minimum heigh for a ruckmen is 200cm.

so i think we should get boyle as the mobile forward & seaby (24 200cm) as the ruckmen.

gardi, rix and an old kingy arent the answer to rucking and mcevoy could be 5 years off being any good.

we need a mobile forward, a ruckman and a midfielder. HUGELY challenging to get all 3.

hopefully jack steven steps up next year in the middle also + a kid or 2 from the draft.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 24 Sep 2008 3:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

jay young
Club Player

We should talk to adelaide try and trade jussie for one mr stiffy johncock (when on song this bloke can really play) he rarely plays crap rumour has it hes had a gutfull of adelaide

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

jay young wrote:We should talk to adelaide try and trade jussie for one mr stiffy johncock (when on song this bloke can really play) he rarely plays crap rumour has it hes had a gutfull of adelaide

id take that deal. win win for both clubs. i like it.

Saints43
Club Player

jay young wrote:We should talk to adelaide try and trade jussie for one mr stiffy johncock (when on song this bloke can really play) he rarely plays crap rumour has it hes had a gutfull of adelaide
Last time I saw him he looked like he'd had a gutful.

Several actually.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Kosi should not be traded -- he should have his knee fixed after which he will gain confidence and then reach star statis if played at CHB.
Kosi is a confidence man and when it's running for him, he can be unbeatable.

Remember those games a few years back he played at CHB -- BRILLIANT.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I know what we should do with Kosi............Keep Him!!!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

McEvoy/Koschitzke alternating between ruck and FF will be a headache for any opposition.

ctqs
Club Player

Otiman wrote:McEvoy/Koschitzke alternating between ruck and FF will be a headache for any opposition.
Not really, because Kosi's kicking is so unreliable. He's been hooking the ball for years.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:
Otiman wrote:McEvoy/Koschitzke alternating between ruck and FF will be a headache for any opposition.
Not really, because Kosi's kicking is so unreliable. He's been hooking the ball for years.
statistically he's one of our better shots for goal.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:
Look at other rucks who drift forward.

30.21 this year for the Kos.

Ottens - a stunning kick - 14.7

Minson - 19.11

Cox - 9.10

Simmonds - 13.6

Hille - 19.18

It's all apples and oranges, I know, but methinks a few here expect a little too much sometimes. Kosi goes okay, can be better, will be better, get off his back.

ctqs
Club Player

Your full-forward should be your best shot at goal - otherwise what's the point of putting him there - or at least should be one of your best shots. Would you want him taking the shot to win the game?

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi is a dud.

Time for him to move on.

Four great games in 8 seasons is nowhere good enough.

He is not up to it.

Someone said fix his knee up and he will be a great CHB.
There's nothing wrong with his knee. He's basically played 3 full seasons in a row and done nothing.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Someone said fix his knee up and he will be a great CHB.
There's nothing wrong with his knee. He's basically played 3 full seasons in a row and done nothing.
Hyperextended mid year, was not the same after that.

kp83
Club Player

Re: KOSI

Con Gorozidis wrote:so i think we should get boyle as the mobile forward & seaby (24 200cm) as the ruckmen.
You seem to be a real fan of Tim Boyle, but don't you think it would be a mistake bringing in a guy who has severley broken his leg twice and has had soft tissue concerns since? Unless we get him very very cheap, it would be a massive risk.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
ctqs wrote:

Minson - 19.11

Cox - 9.10

Simmonds - 13.6

Hille - 19.18

It's all apples and oranges, I know, but methinks a few here expect a little too much sometimes. Kosi goes okay, can be better, will be better, get off his back.
will stop criticising him when he starts to deliver consistently. "Can be better, will be better...."
When exactly? We're still waiting.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi is a dud.

Time for him to move on.

He is not up to it.

Your apparent musical judgement does not extend to our no 23?

Perhaps an analogy is in order. Neil, having been groomed as a next big thing from his association with super group Buffalo Springfield (his pesonal draft camp if you will), starts out with a quiet, understated self titled effort, moves on to the rambling beauty of 'Everybody Knows...' before (in rough order) a series of classics in Harvest, On the Beach, American Stars and Bars, and Tonights the Night. Then, just as everyone thinks he's the best thing ever in history, he befuddles his admirers with a string of unlistenable garbage in Trans and that Shocking Pinks effort etc before knocking us all dead with a resurgence commencing with Harvest Moon. And since, despite the odd well-intentioned album where he's toyed with thematic records (something foreign to him previously) his effort couldn't be questioned (Greendale, Living with War) and since he's he's surged again with Chrome Dreams. Like many, I believe his best work is ahead of him.

The point?

Kosi, like Neil, will reinvent himself and when we look back on his journey on the whole we'll be more than satisfied.

I hope.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Heard Kossie talk and though he's a knockabout country lad displays a lot of intelligence.

BUT FAIR DINKUM

on the football field, sometimes I wonder if his brain ever makes it into the same post code!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi is a dud.

Time for him to move on.

He is not up to it.

Your apparent musical judgement does not extend to our no 23?

Perhaps an analogy is in order. Neil, having been groomed as a next big thing from his association with super group Buffalo Springfield (his pesonal draft camp if you will), starts out with a quiet, understated self titled effort, moves on to the rambling beauty of 'Everybody Knows...' before (in rough order) a series of classics in Harvest, On the Beach, American Stars and Bars, and Tonights the Night. Then, just as everyone thinks he's the best thing ever in history, he befuddles his admirers with a string of unlistenable garbage in Trans and that Shocking Pinks effort etc before knocking us all dead with a resurgence commencing with Harvest Moon. And since, despite the odd well-intentioned album where he's toyed with thematic records (something foreign to him previously) his effort couldn't be questioned (Greendale, Living with War) and since he's he's surged again with Chrome Dreams. Like many, I believe his best work is ahead of him.

The point?

Kosi, like Neil, will reinvent himself and when we look back on his journey on the whole we'll be more than satisfied.

I hope.
So do I. So does everyone on here. But time to call a spade a spade on Kosi and stop talking about what he's 'gunna be'.
Completely over hearing about what he's "gunna be....."

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Thinline wrote:
ctqs wrote:

Minson - 19.11

Cox - 9.10

Simmonds - 13.6

Hille - 19.18

will stop criticising him when he starts to deliver consistently. "Can be better, will be better...."
When exactly? We're still waiting.
No, people do not lay off when he delivers. Kosi also came off a little worse for wear in the Hodge clash. He put his body on the line, then saw the match out in obvious discomfort....don't hear much from the supporters commending his courage?

Still the same amount of negative press on here...

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
No, people do not lay off when he delivers. Kosi also came off a little worse for wear in the Hodge clash. He put his body on the line, then saw the match out in obvious discomfort....don't hear much from the supporters commending his courage?

Still the same amount of negative press on here...
After Essendon in rd. 22 and the Collingwood final I posted that Kosi had delivered. The trouble is he's so bloody inconsistent. Did bugger all v Geelong and Hawthorn, mind you he wasn't alone.
Not looking so much at individual games in assessing his performance, more that he goes missing for weeks on end, apart from taking the odd grab and kicking a goal or two, which people then hang their hat on as reasons why posters should stop criticising him.
If he can get some consistency into his game, I'll be more than happy to compliment him.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I honestly don't think Kosi has been that bad. He hasn't been Riewoldt-ish either of course. But he, like the team, has been up and down.

As a high - and 6'6'' brick shithouse - draftee, he obviously stands out and expectations are high, but really, he hasn't been as bad as all the Kosi-haters keep hammering home.

I gave up expecting superstardom from him ages ago. He's a serviceable, relatively versatile big man off the top of my head who can pull off the odd great moment. A bit like Brad Ottens, somewhat beyond Jamie Charman and Scott Simmonds, and not unlike pretty much every other larger than normal player with the exception perhaps of Franklin and maybe Cox (althougn the latter plays a pretty lose uncontested role - Kosi chucks himself into it with a bit more vigour, different styles).

Keep him without question. More than handy now, there's every chance he'll be better and even if he's doesn't improve he'll remain better than most of his type.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I honestly don't think Kosi has been that bad. He hasn't been Riewoldt-ish either of course. But he, like the team, has been up and down.

As a high - and 6'6'' brick shithouse - draftee, he obviously stands out and expectations are high, but really, he hasn't been as bad as all the Kosi-haters keep hammering home.

I gave up expecting superstardom from him ages ago. He's a serviceable, relatively versatile big man off the top of my head who can pull off the odd great moment. A bit like Brad Ottens, somewhat beyond Jamie Charman and Scott Simmonds, and not unlike pretty much every other larger than normal player with the exception perhaps of Franklin and maybe Cox (althougn the latter plays a pretty lose uncontested role - Kosi chucks himself into it with a bit more vigour, different styles).

Keep him without question. More than handy now, there's every chance he'll be better and even if he's doesn't improve he'll remain better than most of his type.
I'm with you in agreeing that he should be kept, with the rider that he's not untouchable if the right deal was offered. Have also long ago ceased to expect him to be a superstar, just looking for consistent satisfactory contribution, which he hasn't delivered.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Heard Kossie talk and though he's a knockabout country lad displays a lot of intelligence.

BUT FAIR DINKUM

on the football field, sometimes I wonder if his brain ever makes it into the same post code!
agreed, but the key word is "sometimes" IMO...

I don't know if it a confidence issue with him (and some other players) there are times when he can just grab the game by the throat and other times he has very poor decision making.

I really don't know if we have a ruck coach, but I feel his best position is in the ruck.

That being said, he really needs to hone those skills as a ruckman, and fast...

He has all the capabilities of being a great ruck with his around the ground marking, but needs to train on his tap work IMO.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:BUT FAIR DINKUM

Pretty sure his head inury has impaired his judgement quite a bit.

IMO, if he remains a Saint, he should be given the task as a full forward, where it doesn't require him to read the play too much.

At times he has looked lost at sea :(

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Let him cut up the oranges :D