Hmmmm...strange sighting/rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Ghost Rider wrote:Bally And Joey were not there.
Ghost Rider wrote:Cousins did not say - "see you later tonight boys"...and Cuz left.'
Hey Nick, how's it going?

or

Your a Collingwood supporter, who's none to happy about BC maybe playing for the saints.

:lol:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he was just lining them up with some 'good stuff' for tonight? Reasonable chance

Bring back the Lockett era
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:good stuff.

will be good to hopefully see Ball,Cousins,Dal,Hayes, Steven
in the midfield next year.
we need that bit more grunt that cousins has,
and he can play for 2 or 3 more years if his body holds up
you literally are nuts

you would shove a kid who hasnt played a senior afl game right into the midfield???

worse yet he is a youngster and could have been drafted this year so isnt as physically mature as the normal draftee from last year

geez you post some crapola

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I gather the
"see you later tonight boys"..
would be that Bally, Joey, Roo & Dal and MG are going to appear in the GF Footy Show Player review..

Just my take on it

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I gather the
"see you later tonight boys"..
would be that Bally, Joey, Roo & Dal and MG are going to appear in the GF Footy Show Player review..

Just my take on it
one thinks dal will...god that boy can move...

i would love it if they all were though

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i think its because they are managed by ricky nixon? i think his office is at albert park?

not sure. but i wouldnt read anything into it. id take cuz for sure. awesome player.

wonder what they were going to be doing later that night?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i think its because they are managed by ricky nixon? i think his office is at albert park?

not sure. but i wouldnt read anything into it. id take cuz for sure. awesome player.

wonder what they were going to be doing later that night?
I am tipping that Cuz will be at the footy show tonight

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Banger2Plugger wrote:Let me put this scenario to you.
With all the discussions that this seasons draft is the most important due to the gold coast and west sydney in the coming years - what if - Mr Cousins is not going to elect himself for that draft - waiting for all the clubs to fall over themselves stock piling up on the young talent available.
Say the Saints strategy is to ensure they have the first pick in the preseason draft for which Cousins is cleared to be part of???
Would this be the strategy to ensure we definitely obtain his services????
yeah. i think cuz will go in the pre-season draft. so will not involve any loss for whoever takes him.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Rider wrote:Bally And Joey were not there.
Well...

Its been confirmed by a couple of different people dude...

And really...

What does it matter?

Only posted it because I found it curious.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out pal.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ctqs
Club Player

Don't forget we were THAT close to getting him 12 months ago before it all went haywire again for him. And he has made it known, mid-season at least, that he still wanted to join us. That doesn't mean things haven't changed since, but Cuz and the Saints were certainly on the same page there for a while.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
bethb7
Club Player

god I hope he comes to the saints :) can never have to many superstar midfielders

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote:Don't forget we were THAT close to getting him 12 months ago before it all went haywire again for him. And he has made it known, mid-season at least, that he still wanted to join us. That doesn't mean things haven't changed since, but Cuz and the Saints were certainly on the same page there for a while.
WE were ???? when how where ?? where was i when that happened ???

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
ctqs wrote:Don't forget we were THAT close to getting him 12 months ago before it all went haywire again for him. And he has made it known, mid-season at least, that he still wanted to join us. That doesn't mean things haven't changed since, but Cuz and the Saints were certainly on the same page there for a while.
WE were ???? when how where ?? where was i when that happened ???
we were almost signed to pick Benny with pick #9

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Geezer wrote:im sure there are other teams like port adelaide, adeleaide, collingwood and others that would pick him ahead of us.

i dont think benny has earned the right to pick and choose where he wants to play or manipulate it.
he just wants to get back in the AFL - period.

remember that ruckman bloke - chalmers who tried to manipulate the draft by writing to clubs saying dont pick me i only want to play for collingwood.
i remember another player telling the purple to not pick him in the draft cause he wanted to stay in SA or at the very worst move to a vic club ... funny enough the purple showed some guts and drafted him anyway and now hes the captain of the purple so ????

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hmmmm...strange sighting/rumour

bigred wrote:
I wouldnt post this shyt if I wasnt 100% on it...
We know that Red :wink:

That is what makes this very interesting 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Geezer wrote:im sure there are other teams like port adelaide, adeleaide, collingwood and others that would pick him ahead of us.

i dont think benny has earned the right to pick and choose where he wants to play or manipulate it.

remember that ruckman bloke - chalmers who tried to manipulate the draft by writing to clubs saying dont pick me i only want to play for collingwood.
i remember another player telling the purple to not pick him in the draft cause he wanted to stay in SA or at the very worst move to a vic club ... funny enough the purple showed some guts and drafted him anyway and now hes the captain of the purple so ????
If I remember correctly Jarrad Schofield got into a little trouble for telling North Melbourne he would retire if they picked him in the PSD before Fremantle.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

If I remember correctly Jarrad Schofield got into a little trouble for telling North Melbourne he would retire if they picked him in the PSD before Fremantle.
Even further back.
I recall Timmy Watson contemplating making a comeback (with us I believe) after his first retirement and WCE drafted him without even bothering to speak to him.
Needless to say, Timmy didn't go to WCE and they wasted that draft pick.

timtam
Club Player

I think it is a more a matter of how obvious you make it. Mind you Judd and Cousins flat out stating their preferences I suppose is fairly obvious! Maybe the higher your profile and the more important the player, the more you get away with.

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
markp wrote:That's probably as good an indicator as you could hope for.... and confirmed on another forum.... hmmmm.

He would be such a freakin awesome get.
My word it would be - cheaper and probably less risky (now) than Kerr. Imagine a midfield of: Hayes, Cousins, Ball, Joey, Dal along with Goddard and Gram. It's starting to get that wow look about it.
If you took out Cousins it's the same midfield that got found out more than once this season.......

Not overwhelmed by the addition of one 30 year old midfielder ,who has had 12 months out of the game , to our current midfield, we need more than that,unfortunately

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
TIGER TUFF

Its funny how you boys are having a dip at Ghost Rider!

I garantee you one thing he knows a whole lot more about this subject than any one who has posted on here or on Bigfooty.

For one thing he moves in social circles you wish you could be apart of and no he isn't a Collingwood supporter.

Might want to check your source BIGRED cause he is wrong on a few counts!!!!

esaint66
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Even further back.
I recall Timmy Watson contemplating making a comeback (with us I believe) after his first retirement and WCE drafted him without even bothering to speak to him.
Needless to say, Timmy didn't go to WCE and they wasted that draft pick.

Annnnd ...
Even further back than that, Gerard Healy was picked up by the Pies and looks like once again they got donuts.

Famously when boundray riding at Victoria Park the season he was listed to the Pies the fans kept heckling him with comments like "training on tuesday gerard"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quixote
SS Life Member

TIGER TUFF wrote:Its funny how you boys are having a dip at Ghost Rider!

I garantee you one thing he knows a whole lot more about this subject than any one who has posted on here or on Bigfooty.

For one thing he moves in social circles you wish you could be apart of and no he isn't a Collingwood supporter.

Idea: try getting a clue instead of coming on here and spinning big noting unfounded crap

Anyone who signs on with You Idiots as his signature has it coming

As for the social circles - if they're the ones I suspect they are I am gladly apart from them

Now F*** off back to Punt Road ya tossbag and take the Pole Rider with you

God strike me!

:roll: :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
TIGER TUFF

All I can say Quixote what Ghost Rider has posted is all true. Take form that what you will.

As a tigers supporter I hope come Saturday BC singles out the Saints, I would rather the Saints reap the rewards of his talent thsn Collingwood.

Good luck in 2009

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah mate I did....

If people actually read what I originally posted, you will note:

* At no point was I making a reference to Ben Cousins coming to St.Kilda. (in my opinion, I dont even want him)

*What I posted was confirmed, in person to me by three individuals who witnessed it.

*The only way that I could have this 100% verified is if someone had bothered to pull out a mobile phone and get a damn video.

Take it for what you will..Personally, the only reason that I posted it was because it was that freakin random..

I'm surprised it made it this far....

Who gives a shyt anyway...isnt he announcing where he is going tomorrow morning?

After that, all this most definately is frogshyt.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

TIGER TUFF wrote:Its funny how you boys are having a dip at Ghost Rider!

The funny thing is, you said "He moves in social circles you wish you could be apart of and no he isn't a Collingwood supporter"

As if any sane person with a choice in life would want to be associated with Collingwood, they are hardly considered "Prestige" people. I mean have a look at their leader, JOFFA, a complete wanker, who's just a dead set loser.

Bigred has ALOT of cred on this forum, you on the otherhand are a peanut.

Chances are your a mate of a bloke that plays for another team ect. ect.

We've heard it all before.

I've heard many "Second Hand" stories from sources, mainly this year from a Carlton player sponsor, who's tight with all the young kids.

Their story was Fev to Sydney, Brown to Carlton, Brisbane gaining Carlton & Sydney's draft picks and a few extras.

Well that turned out to be correct didn't it.

Bigred's story is hardly front page news, just a simple sighting of a player of interest, hanging out with players of a team he may play for come next year.

He wasn't trying to big note himself.