Official Trade Week Thread...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

groupie1
Club Player

Fiora to Adelaide for a six-pack of Carlton Cold

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Saint Mik wrote:..... dont think 1 club will give up a first round pick for any players that have been mentioned so far in this draft.

IMO Okeefe will go for a second round pick (early) and thats about as low as it will go for a player looking for a new home, so talk of giving up a first round is simply out of the question IMO not going to happen.
The bigtime Hawker would need to give up their first round, 16, at least for O'Keefe IMO :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:We seem to be pretty keen this year.

Already shown interest in Green and HMac
We could be doing a Collingwood. Expressing a lot of interest, but not prepared to give up anything/one of real quality !!

Saint Mik
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:..... dont think 1 club will give up a first round pick for any players that have been mentioned so far in this draft.

IMO Okeefe will go for a second round pick (early) and thats about as low as it will go for a player looking for a new home, so talk of giving up a first round is simply out of the question IMO not going to happen.
The bigtime Hawker would need to give up their first round, 16, at least for O'Keefe IMO :shock:
Why would you use a first rounder on a bloke that you dont really need that costs $600K a year :shock:

Its all talk and I dont think it will happen, the Hawks will get a good quality kid, they are in a perfect position to get some youth into a quality side for next to nothing.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Maybe a 2nd rounder won't get the deal done.........

Perhaps that initial $600 k was O'Keefe's new management starting bidding super high - wherever he goes, it may end up about $500 k per year for 3 years :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 07 Oct 2008 10:00am, edited 2 times in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Just on the Hamish Mc thing - I may have read this incorrectly. Everyone (media and Hmac) is shocked that Laidley would float it. What Laidley said was this his name came up (another club raised the possibility) - and that North would look at it.

I don't see a problem with that - if someone came to us and said we are interested in Goddard you would at very least listen to see what the offer was.

It's not like north have said "someone please take Macintosh off our hands".

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

You will find the Swans wanting less and less as the week goes on and O'Keefe putting his price down aswell.

IMHO will probably go to Hawthorn for a 2nd rounder and mabey a fringe player late on Thursday, pay packet will l;ikley be in the range of $475-$500k

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
elvis lives
Club Player

Port interested in X apparently

as reported in the age:

Port Adelaide has also shown interest in uncontracted Saint Xavier Clarke, while the Tigers lead the race for Port's uncontracted midfielder Adam Thomson.

I am marching in the Saints army
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

fingers wrote:I don't see a problem with that - if someone came to us and said we are interested in Goddard you would at very least listen to see what the offer was.
I agree. The club would be silly if they didn't listen to every offer made. You can quiet easily say no.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
fingers wrote:I don't see a problem with that - if someone came to us and said we are interested in Goddard you would at very least listen to see what the offer was.
I agree. The club would be silly if they didn't listen to every offer made. You can quiet easily say no.
Yes but there is no need to broadcast it to all and sundry. That could have a more damaging effect on the football club.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
Yes but there is no need to broadcast it to all and sundry. That could have a more damaging effect on the football club.
yes and no - you want the message out so that all other clubs know that the player is being looked at. But see your point.

Laidley is a little crazy no matter how you dress it up.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
LTN16 wrote:
yes and no - you want the message out so that all other clubs know that the player is being looked at. But see your point.

Laidley is a little crazy no matter how you dress it up.
You'd only let it be known if you would consider trading him and are inviting other offers. If not, keep it behind closed doors for the good of the club.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Re: Port interested in X apparently

elvis lives wrote:as reported in the age:

Port Adelaide has also shown interest in uncontracted Saint Xavier Clarke, while the Tigers lead the race for Port's uncontracted midfielder Adam Thomson.
We should be after Thomson IMO. Very hard at it and can win a clearance. Is out of favour with Choco for some reason unbeknown to Port fans.

15 touches a game from 7 games this year. 3 and a half tackles a game. And also kicked 5 goals from his 7 games. I watched him play in a couple of matches and was very impressed with his willingness to put his body on the line and his quick hands in close.
Last edited by True Blue Sainter on Tue 07 Oct 2008 11:28am, edited 1 time in total.

The Saints are coming!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

yeh trade X for thomson,

hotdish
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:yeh trade X for thomson,
More likely, if anything was to happen:

DeLuca for X.

But X aint going anywhere - we need speed in the midfield and thats what he brings. Plus doing this could affect Raph...aint gonna happen!

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:yeh trade X for thomson,
More likely, if anything was to happen:

DeLuca for X.

But X aint going anywhere - we need speed in the midfield and thats what he brings. Plus doing this could affect Raph...aint gonna happen!
DeLuca is another piece of crap we don't need

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I know X has injuries, but he has one thing that most of our players lack... Speed. Surely we will use our picks to inject speed?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

How about X for Salopek?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Sam23 wrote:We seem to be pretty keen this year.

Already shown interest in Green and HMac
We could be doing a Collingwood. Expressing a lot of interest, but not prepared to give up anything/one of real quality !!
well, according to the sport 927 wrap. we will be only a bit player in the draft.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:well, according to the sport 927 wrap. we will be only a bit player in the draft.

6 picks is not a "bit player" in the draft, therefore whoever reported this on radio is a either Dill or thinks we are going to trade 2 or 3 picks for players before the draft.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:

How about X for Salopek?
They think Salopek will be their next captain...don't think they'd trade him for X in a million years. They're both just as injury prone though! Nice to see Salopek at the Saints mind you...he is a fan.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
saintly wrote:well, according to the sport 927 wrap. we will be only a bit player in the draft.

6 picks is not a "bit player" in the draft, therefore whoever reported this on radio is a either Dill or thinks we are going to trade 2 or 3 picks for players before the draft.
sorry i meant to say trading.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

As long as there aren't any long term injury issues with Hamish (which im spectacle about)

I would trade our first and second draft picks for him in a heart beat!

GrumpyOne

Spinner wrote:As long as there aren't any long term injury issues with Hamish (which im spectacle about)
If there was I reckon you could see straight through them. :wink:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Spinner wrote:As long as there aren't any long term injury issues with Hamish (which im spectacle about)
If there was I reckon you could see straight through them. :wink:
Sometimes trades need to be seen through a different lens.