Channel 9 News

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

Channel 9 News

Oh the wonderful channel Mcguire so you have a tape from over 12 months ago funny how you just released today.

Poor littlte f...th have to find a reason to run to kick someone in the guts.

Channel lexus mcguire go have a look in your own backyard you holly almighty high moral club.

Dont like loosing to a smaller club like us.

Good luck Ben cant wait to see you in the red white and black.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ch 7 on the other hand
said Lyon, Drain and the club Doctor have flown to perth.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 9 News

saint1974 wrote:Oh the wonderful channel Mcguire so you have a tape from over 12 months ago funny how you just released today.

Channel lexus mcguire go have a look in your own backyard you holly almighty high moral club.

only one word properly describes them........and i am too much of a gentleman to use that word on here....... :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Just shows what been around Collingwood to long can do to a great bloke.

I used to like Eddie, but he's turned into the biggest wanker on the face of the earth.

Anyone who thinks he had nothing to do with releasing that tape today is an idiot.

Hopefully karma will one day get him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Just shows what been around Collingwood to long can do to a great bloke.

I used to like Eddie, but he's turned into the biggest wanker on the face of the earth.

Anyone who thinks he had nothing to do with releasing that tape today is an idiot.

Did he release it on Channel 10 as well. Never knew so many people cared for Benny. Love to see some old threads on Cousins when he was suspended. At least Dan Warna has been consistant even if I totally disagree with him.

Raven
Club Player

I got home late tonight, I haven't heard anything. What's this all about?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Eddie can control a story getting into the media and he can control a story being kept out of the media.
It appears to be his call and that is quite dangerous.
I've made my opinion clear that I think we should risk taking on Ben Cousins provided he satisfies all the drug and alcohol tests , but let's step back from the footy aspect for a moment, and look at the individual for a moment.
BC is someone who is attempting to get over his drug addiction and get his life back on track and from what I saw in his interview on GF day on Channel 7 I think he is finally getting the message about his addiction and what it means to him in terms of his behaviour.
I would hate to think that BC turned on the tv last night and watched Channel 9's coverage of everything has has done wrong in the past 12 months, and therefore ignored what he may have done right in terms of recovery for the past 12 months.
I hope to Christ he has a strong emotional centre to continue his recovery and doesn't go backward after being judged by a particular media outlet, as to being a failure and a danger to the precious Collingwood types who quite frankly have created their own damage on their won without any influence from BC or alike. Who's to say he doesn't send him backwards with his recovery, which may explain Ricky Nixon's reaction?
Is this an overeaction from Channel 9 as a form of revenge to the injunction that prevents them from telling an even bigger story that could really wreck havoc at the AFL?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:Just shows what been around Collingwood to long can do to a great bloke.

Ummmmmmm

The video tape section at Ch 9 bowing to Eddie :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

They should be brought to account for these actions :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Eddie can control a story getting into the media and he can control a story being kept out of the media.
It appears to be his call and that is quite dangerous.
I've made my opinion clear that I think we should risk taking on Ben Cousins provided he satisfies all the drug and alcohol tests , but let's step back from the footy aspect for a moment, and look at the individual for a moment.
BC is someone who is attempting to get over his drug addiction and get his life back on track and from what I saw in his interview on GF day on Channel 7 I think he is finally getting the message about his addiction and what it means to him in terms of his behaviour.
I would hate to think that BC turned on the tv last night and watched Channel 9's coverage of everything has has done wrong in the past 12 months, and therefore ignored what he may have done right in terms of recovery for the past 12 months.
I hope to Christ he has a strong emotional centre to continue his recovery and doesn't go backward after being judged by a particular media outlet, as to being a failure and a danger to the precious Collingwood types who quite frankly have created their own damage on their won without any influence from BC or alike. Who's to say he doesn't send him backwards with his recovery, which may explain Ricky Nixon's reaction?
Is this an overeaction from Channel 9 as a form of revenge to the injunction that prevents them from telling an even bigger story that could really wreck havoc at the AFL?

post of the month :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Can't stand Eddie and we both went to the same school, although I was at least 20 years ahead of him.

The recording re Ben in the US has been broadcast before, but broadcasting it the other night was not in the public interest. It was a disgraceful display of Club Eddie trying to make out they are beyond reproach, which, everybody knows is a joke.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

agree guys. channel 9 news should not be used a PR outlet for Collingwood footy club. This piece of "news" (12 months old) was clearly released as PR exercise by team eddie to appease the Pies fans/members and to make it appear the execs made the right choicein not pursuing BC.

The fact that the newsroom at 9 is so easily influenced by team eddie shows what tossers they are. equally despicable is them publically releasing they spoke to Christine Nixon - once again the insinuation is they "know something" about BC and have made the right decision and casts serious aspersions over BC... This is borderling slander and i hope BC is seeking legal advice on this against the PIes behaviour. The pies really are a bunch of pr*cks. This is a guys life they are playing games with.

the guy hasnt been convicted of a crime. so legally 9 and the pies and maguire need to shut their mouths. you cant go around in the media suggesting people are crims when they havent gone throuh any conviction process.

filthy big mouths.

just all the more reason to hate Collingwood and Channel 9 for the next decade. this episode has made me want BC more. hope we smash them next year by 10 goals.

and they wonder why people hate them!
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 19 Oct 2008 12:18am, edited 2 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 9 News

stinger wrote:
saint1974 wrote:Oh the wonderful channel Mcguire so you have a tape from over 12 months ago funny how you just released today.

only one word properly describes them........and i am too much of a gentleman to use that word on here....... :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
agree. and its starts with "C"

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

it is 'allegedly' a tape of woman asking for assistance for a "ben" in america making a call for paramedic assistance. THey have alleged its the same woman ben cousins was with when he wasn't at the rehab centre he was supposed to be at.

they haven't said it categorically it was ben cousins.

nixon hasn't denied it was cousins, but contends it was a breach of his privacy.

makes a bit of a joke of those who reckon he was clean this time last year.

probably be a bit naive if you think he has been clean this year either.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:it is 'allegedly' a tape of woman asking for assistance for a "ben" in america making a call for paramedic assistance. THey have alleged its the same woman ben cousins was with when he wasn't at the rehab centre he was supposed to be at.

nixon hasn't denied it was cousins, but contends it was a breach of his privacy.

who thought he was clean this time last year? not many people.

you are naive if u think BC is the only afl player doing drugs. he is the only one to have ever actually been punished for it. so not sure why you feel like laying into him.

what about the guys on 2 strikes?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:it is 'allegedly' a tape of woman asking for assistance for a "ben" in america making a call for paramedic assistance. THey have alleged its the same woman ben cousins was with when he wasn't at the rehab centre he was supposed to be at.

ok. lets say i ca. me out in the news and say "i know a lot of cops and i reckon dan warna is drug dealer etc etc"

you had never been charged or convicted of anything. would u sue me?? course you would.

the guy has not been convicted. therefore -in public media- people like maguire should shut their traps.

happy feet
Club Player

C'mon Eddie and Channel 9

If Ch9 can replay the audio tape purported to be about Ben Cousins, and others have assumede that Eddie influenced this decision, perhaps someone should petition Ch9 to investigate the Police Radio tapes of the night that Didak drove around with a crime figure firing shots out of a car, or his escapade with Mr Shaw where he was in, sorry out, sorry back in the car.

I have bagged out Ben Cousins but I would like to think that we all deserve a second chance if we have stuffed our lives up with drug addiction. I'm sure the last thing anyone would want is Ben Cousins ending up the same way as Chris Mainwaring.