ST KILDA DECIDES NOT TO PROCEED WITH BEN COUSINS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Leo.J wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Leo.J wrote:What a bunch of fools our club is.

I think as members we deserve a detailed explaination as to why we've passed up such an opportunity.

If everyone who is pissed off with this decision rings the club and emails the club with their protest, and threaten to not rejoin as a member they might reconsider.

No answers no membership!
You are a disgrace!!
A complete and total disgrace!!

We voted this board in ( JB may be right :0), se we have to cop it. BUT WE NEED A REASON!

You're obviously easily led.

I'm a disgrace because I want an explanation?

I'm a disgrace because I'm sick of our club making poor decisons?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Have a listen to this!! Five pages of the biggest dumby spitting ever.

Ever considered that the bloke is still using? Him and his great mate Gardy,what a great pair that would of been,nurturing each other through there battles....please.

Correct decision. Now,get on with drafting some skillful YOUNG midfielders

Bring back the Lockett era
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:What an absolute f****** wank.
Post of the nite.

What a f***** wank - this has just pissed me right off.

strauchanie
Club Player

we are the biggest prickteases in the AFL. we put all the groundwork for Cousins to get back into the AFL then at the last step fall over paving the way for another club to land him.
Seriously, if we didn't want him, why couldn't we have made the decision right at the start, like every other normal club? Oh that's right, we always have to do things the St Kilda way, i'm surprised we didn't sack a few coaches before making the decision.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:Cop it on the chin and get over it..... im pissed of to! :x
a voice of reason...

You're a champ...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

I think as members we deserve a detailed explaination as to why we've passed up such an opportunity.

If everyone who is pissed off with this decision rings the club and emails the club with their protest, and threaten to not rejoin as a member they might reconsider.

You are a disgrace!!

No you are a disgrace that you are threatening to not renew your membership over one decision, it is a privledge to be a part of this club and it is one you obviously take for granted...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
LennyBoy
Club Player

Worst of all our club had 5 months to make a call on this topic, and we leave it to the very last second. Again we should have ruled out Cousins like North Melbourne (in fairness to players, supporters, etc) and not have dragged people along for a ride.

Not only have we now been made to look like dicks but also to the wider footy community who consider us a laughing stock, and fair enough in this instance.

Poochy 1 2 3 4 and 5 should be reinstated!
GrumpyOne

saint66au wrote:To all of you threatening to not renew your Memberships....I reckon youll all regret typing that tomorrow but if you do go ahead and not renew..you are a disgrace and St Kilda dont need you anyway :-)
I'd rather see our great club fold than bow down to hotheads who threaten to burn their memberships every time a decision goes against their opinions.

Go barrack for the Filth..... with that attitude, you belong there.

santazzi
Club Player

When is AGM? I would like to know why so much resource was wasted (eg at the most exclusive sea food restaurant in perth) to arrive at he same conclusion that so many other clubs arrived at with out spending a penny...either the board give good reason why they decided the way they did ( i do not buy sponsorship stuff)....or they should put their fate in the hands of the membership.......................personally I feel that buisness and misguided polite politics has taken over the good senses of the football department...... when I voted this board in it promised to uphold the needs of the football department and meet its needs...............this decision does not support that creed!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

We've hit the 200 mark, the only thing that could make this story any bigger would be if GT called up SEN and declared he will be challenging the board and Harvey calls up 3AW protesting he wont be renewing his membership!!

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

You are a disgrace!!

Your a disgrace because you think every decsion made by the board should be a popularity vote by the members..and you will drop your dummy if you dont get your own way

This is not Big Brother :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Shades
Club Player

201 online

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
evertonfc wrote:It's our club.

The board represents us.

We want Cousins.

Why haven't our wishes been heeded given that Archie Fraser believes Ben Cousins could be a fit for another AFL club. Do people understand what that statement entails?

Disturbing. Is this our club - or not?
How do you know what the majority of members think?
Just because the majority of SS members wanted Cousins doesn't mean much.
There is no denying that the club have lost a mjor oppertunity to make money, for example a normal STK vs WCE match would have become a blockbuster but if the Board believe he wasn't up to it we have to trust them on this one, they put in the time, money and effort whereas we have just been speculating.
Actually I don't think the majority of SS posters were in favour of him.

Wouldn't mind betting quite a few wouldn't commit to their convictions in fear of being Politically Incorrect by not supporting a recovering drug addict. Speculation but a fair hunch of mine.

No-one here speaks on behalf of all Saints members, just themselves, so please drop the WE this and WE that. I'm backing the board 100% on this, so does that mean my vote counts as WE are all behind it...

Ben's gone, move on... In fact he was NEVER here...
Last edited by Iceman234 on Tue 25 Nov 2008 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I hope for Ben's sake he can still find a club.

Saints Media better get back on this forum and provide some fucjing answers.

I miss Rod Buterss.

Shades
Club Player

that guy on sen is a d**khead "been a member since 1967 and will never go 2 a saints match again" what a wanker

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Board challenge anyone ??

I jest, I jest :D :shock:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I love how the rational people on here are pissed off that we looked into Cousins rather than dismissing him instantly like North Melbourne etc. did...

Can you imagine how pissed off people on here would have been if we dismissed the thought of having a Brownlow medalist sign up in a spur of the moment type thing...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

The board represents us.

We want Cousins.

Why haven't our wishes been heeded given that Archie Fraser believes Ben Cousins could be a fit for another AFL club. Do people understand what that statement entails?

How do you know what the majority of members think?
Just because the majority of SS members wanted Cousins doesn't mean much.
There is no denying that the club have lost a mjor oppertunity to make money, for example a normal STK vs WCE match would have become a blockbuster but if the Board believe he wasn't up to it we have to trust them on this one, they put in the time, money and effort whereas we have just been speculating.
Actually I don't think the majority of SS posters were in favour of him.

Wouldn't mind betting quite a few wouldn't commit to their convictions in fear of being Politically Incorrect by not supporting a recovering drug addict. Speculation but a fair hunch of mine.

No-one here speaks on behalf of all Saints members, just themselves, so please drop the WE this and WE that. I'm backing the board 100% on this, so does that mean my vote counts as WE are all behind it...

Ben's gone, move on...

how about a poll on this?

Richter
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:

The board represents us.

We want Cousins.

sorry evertonFc - you are not me or many others that I have spoken to

it may have been your wish but it's not everyones
No, but there's enough of us wanting him that we are due more explanation to this.

The name of this board challenge......
FOOTY FIRST
Well, putting footy first, how could anyone come to the conclusion that Ben Cousins, a Brownlow medallist who tore us a new one just 18 months ago NOT improve our team?

WE DESERVE MORE THAN THIS.

F***ing prick teasers.....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
markp
Saintsational Legend

People have a right to refuse to renew their membership as a protest, what is this a freakin cult??

No one is talking about going to barrack for the scum ffs.... we are not mindless lemmings, for some enough is understandably enough and sending off a sternly worded email just wont cut it.

How much mediocrity, secrecy, incompetence and price hikes does it take to break the camels back?

Darren
Club Player

Been listening to FOX Sport News and been told that Grant Thomas will join the panel next.

Fox Digital channel is 513
Last edited by Darren on Tue 25 Nov 2008 8:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I wonder what ethical and moral tests will be applied to Nathan Carroll?

And what tests were applied to Michael Gardiner, too?

FFS - we want answers from the people who represent us. No matter what the club-is-always-right types try to peddle, the double standards smacks of pathetic, small-minded decision making.
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 25 Nov 2008 8:58pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:We've hit the 200 mark, the only thing that could make this story any bigger would be if GT called up SEN and declared he will be challenging the board and Harvey calls up 3AW protesting he wont be renewing his membership!!
Bless you..thank God someones kept their sense of humour

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Shades
Club Player

Darren wrote:Been listening to FOX Sport News and been told that Grant Thomas will join the panel next.

Fox Digital channel is 513

thanks