Banger, Holding The Club Back?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:who cares about carlton...that means who cars about robert harvey...
You really are king douche.
Why? He is now the enemy... did M Voss show any mercy when he played against V2?

Same as Roos and Lyon. Best mates, but the business of winning a flag is the business of winning a flag. Period.

I tink people are missing the point. Harvey is now part of the opposition and should be treated as such.

Doing so would not dimish his standing with our club.

Doyou honestly think that being the pro that he is... Harvey won't try 100% to beat us next year?????

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

This is a piss-take right?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:This is a piss-take right?
No. Why do you say that?

Read it again...

I luv 35.

He now works for the opposition.

I still luv 35.

But he now works for the opposition.

His job will be to eventually plot our downfall and help the opposition succeed.

But I still love 35.

35 will not step down due to an emotional conflict of interest when we play the cheats next year. That's his job.

Bit I still luv 35.

When it comes to footy, he is now the enemy when we play the cheats.

But I still luv 35.

He will do anything he can to help the cheats beat us.

So why should we cheer him on?

His record as a Saints champ will live on for generations.

And I'll still luv 35.

Make sense?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Raven
Club Player

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: i know i speak sense...but ta wayno...

a select few imo could actually do something for this club if put in a position to...some on here hold onto mislaid tradtions and loves for certain peoples...get caught up in the hoo-haa and most often loose focus of the biger picture a flag

its okay to be a traditionalist to a degree...but when one cannot look at the other side of the arguement it isn't going to make us a success....

i just hope that when we do win a flag supporters change their perspective...i envy carlton and their arrogance...the bombers are in the business of winning flags...supporters demand success...its what port is built on...albeit a smaller supporter base the loyal's expect success and so they should

why do we classify this year as a good year??? because we don't expect total success...the orgasm of playing football and supporting it...a flag

too often supporters on here expect us to be 6-6 going into the break and then expect us to magically come home with a wet sail and demolish all that is put before them...despite playing teams that slaughtered them earlier in the year

why????

because we don't know success and have some romantic notion of it...we don't know how to win and its sad for football community but the sooner everyone (board and supporters) adopt a ruthless succeed or get the f out policy the better...

sir bob was great...no doubting however its going to be utterly hilarious watching roo become the new bobby...its not good...the fact is if we win a flag in the next three years he can go to the gold coast...we will at least a top 3 pick and another first rounder for him so it makes sense business-wise...just an example of using ones' heart over head...something that we are too used to doing...
Post of the year IMO... talk about speaking sense.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

l've tried to get a simular point to yours across in other threads WJ42 & believe me, most just wont get it.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

TriColourDisciple wrote:l've tried to get a simular point to yours across in other threads WJ42 & believe me, most just wont get it.
Yeah, but it's actually fun doing it this way. :lol:

Logic is hard for many people to swallow.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:l've tried to get a simular point to yours across in other threads WJ42 & believe me, most just wont get it.
Yeah, but it's actually fun doing it this way. :lol:

Logic is hard for many people to swallow.
agreed...emotion is just so much better

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Umm... we are not successful because we have not been ruthless enough?.... so let's now be ruthless and sh1t on Harvs cos he took a part-time player development job at another club.

It's funny when fu**tards give advice on how to a win.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Umm... we are not successful because we have not been ruthless enough?.... so let's now be ruthless and sh1t on Harvs cos he took a part-time player development job at another club.

it funny when you have to resort to swearing to attempt to make a point

poo

wee

douche

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:Umm... we are not successful because we have not been ruthless enough?.... so let's now be ruthless and sh1t on Harvs cos he took a part-time player development job at another club.

Some of us fu**tards have done well in life and won in our respective areas... no need to get personal.

Who's sh1tting on Harves?

You obviously read into into whatever it is that you want to read into it.

I take it you'll be sitting in the Blues cheer squad when we play them cheering on their assistant coach "Go Harvey, Go Harvey"?

I'll be with my fellow supporters abusing the scum and cheering our boys... hoping like hell we kick their butts.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe this thread is still going.

You people who are advocating that Harvey held us back are actually aware that Harvey is one of the all time greats of the game?

Because from the comments I am reading from some of you, that fact is seemingly going astray.

All time greats do not hold clubs back. They enhance with their experience.

Harvey, Buckley, Crawford, Hird, Archer, Richardson......all contributors into their 30s.

Silly arguments from silly people, in my opinion.

Did I mention that he still finished top 5 in our B&F as well?

Damn FREELOADER that he was!!

Fair dinkum. :roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
bob__71
Club Player

Yes because you know everything markp. No one Sh1t on Harves. And if Harves was to take this as being sh1t on then well he has less fortitude than I would have given him credit for.

And if it isnt bleeding obvious Harves was bigger than the club. Was that healthy? Was it healthy that coaches were hamstrung to the point where it was impossible for them to even bring up the idea of Harves retiring without being lambasted by supporters and board alike.

I dont think its healthy for a player to be bigger than the club. And I think it is a failing of the club that it is allowed to happen.

Now the G Train. He was loved by many, but he didnt present as mother Theresa. Yet he was just as humble as any player/person... people potted him, but the flack for potting him didnt fly like it does here.

Really? is Robert Harvey that thin skinned that he needs an army of nuff nuffs protecting his good name?
Last edited by bob__71 on Tue 09 Dec 2008 12:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going.

You people who are advocating that Harvey held us back are actually aware that Harvey is one of the all time greats of the game?

Because from the comments I am reading from some of you, that fact is seemingly going astray.

Harvey, Buckley, Crawford, Hird, Archer, Richardson......all contributors into their 30s.

I'm not denying he was a champ... and he didn't hold us back. Don't call me silly.

It's Mr Silly to you! :evil:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going.

I'm not denying he was a champ... and he didn't hold us back. Don't call me silly.

It's Mr Silly to you! :evil:
If you didn't say it or advocate it, why would you think my silly remark is directed at you......er, Mr Silly? 8-)

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

This is funny.

Hate your foe - no matter who they are. But blindly follow your friends just because they're 'one of us'?

Now that sounds like winners logic to me!!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ok, sorry for double posting, but I just thought of this...

Did Harvey hold us back in the sense that too many players became complacent inn their work rate, and leave it up to him to get them through? Same with Roo.

Different perspective to the OP.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Ok, sorry for double posting, but I just thought of this...

Did Harvey hold us back in the sense that too many players became complacent inn their work rate, and leave it up to him to get them through? Same with Roo.

In the same way that Carey held back North Melbourne when they built their whole forward line around him?

I don't understand that perspective. Should Harvey and Riewoldt have less of a focus and play worse just to develop others?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:This is funny.

Hate your foe - no matter who they are. But blindly follow your friends just because they're 'one of us'?

Now that sounds like winners logic to me!!
Who said we hate 35?

Obviously, you have no concept of loyalty. Hate and respect are poles apart. You can respect your foe, but not have to support them.

There were many Howard haters who still respected him as a politician. Doesn't mean they voted for him.

Aaah Rodger Fox: Just one more reason why the Catholic Church got it wrong when it comes to contraception.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:

In the same way that Carey held back North Melbourne when they built their whole forward line around him?

I don't understand that perspective. Should Harvey and Riewoldt have less of a focus and play worse just to develop others?
No, that's not what I meant...

Too many players leaving to too few to win the game.

The opposite is what's made Geelong so powerful.

It's more of a case of others following their lead and puttin their hand up when it was their turn.

Just a thought.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:

Now that's a fascinating question.

Essendon did the same with Hird. Sheedy simply put Hird wherever there was a leek.

Hird fixed it. Essendon won 2 flags.

When Hird didn't play, they were rooted. And are still are because of it.

Carey the same. It was a legitimate case of 'all your eggs in one basket'. Pagan became a master coach.

He tried the same thing at Carlton. He's now known as a bloke that should have retired early.

The key is, is the player capable of putting all your eggs into?

Reiwoldt isn't.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Now that's a fascinating question.

Essendon did the same with Hird. Sheedy simply put Hird wherever there was a leek.

Hird fixed it. Essendon won 2 flags.

When Hird didn't play, they were rooted. And are still are because of it.

Carey the same. It was a legitimate case of 'all your eggs in one basket'. Pagan became a master coach.

He tried the same thing at Carlton. He's now known as a bloke that should have retired early.

The key is, is the player capable of putting all your eggs into?

Reiwoldt isn't.
Stop spoiling my fun by making sense. :shock:

This is however another perspective about gamplan as opposed to a lack of effort from therest of the team.

I still think you're a tool. BTW. :lol:

bob__71
Club Player

Rodger you truly are a bigger fool than I gave you credit for. Hird and Carey didnt win games by themselves. They may have been major contributors but they still had a team around them.

And it seems your now potting a champion who is still at the club. And I believe stating opinion as fact.

Although I can already hear the response coming from the man who is so far up his own posterior that he believes his opinion is fact.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Rodger you truly are a bigger fool than I gave you credit for. Hird and Carey didnt win games by themselves. They may have been major contributors but they still had a team around them.

And it seems your now potting a champion who is still at the club. And I believe stating opinion as fact.

Although I can already hear the response coming from the man who is so far up his own posterior that he believes his opinion is fact.
We haven't won a flag.

So it is a fact.

If we win one by playing through Roo every week, then I'll stand corrected.

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

weve all got to remember we are only supporters. done of us know the instructions, the coach gives players on game day, we dont know what goes on behind close doors. some people think they own the players and club,and they should read this site to follow up on whats been said.i would say hardly any of the players, would read this site. why would they, so they can be bagged all the time, from us know alls. the players need our support, not us telling them how shyte they are, all the time.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
bob__71 wrote:Rodger you truly are a bigger fool than I gave you credit for. Hird and Carey didnt win games by themselves. They may have been major contributors but they still had a team around them.

We haven't won a flag.

So it is a fact.

If we win one by playing through Roo every week, then I'll stand corrected.
How dare you be objective about our club legends. That's taboo and if you lived in Thailand... you'd sent to prison. :lol:

I still maintain that 35 is now employed by an opposition club, and that although I respect him... I iwll in no way be supportive of his success with THAT club.

Call me what you like. Poo Poo.