Resignation of Archie Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Whatever - we move on. Good luck Archie. Thanks for your service in what is probably a thankless job when it comes to supporters.

Good email to the members.

Now - options for CEO?
I agree fingers...and enough chest beating you other clowns, where will the next CEO come from? Is there a likely replacement on the current board, or will it be a (gasp) outsider??? Maybe even a 'non-Saints person (double gasp)??? :shock:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
stinger wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Personally I would like to thank Archie for what he had done for our great club, he has been a great CEO for us and keept the club going through some very difficult times. He has made himself accessable to the fans, what other CEO has done this? All the best Archie in your new position.

well.......his timing stinks.....you don't walk out on a footy club on the eve of a new season......imhfo...that is.....
You take opportunities as they come up, not when it suits other people.

not all of do that bev....some of us are bound by ethics and morals.......
You suggesting he should have consulted you first :roll: I don't see what he has done wrong ethically and morally? Get a grip.

You said you havn't liked him from the beginning, well you have made that obvious, but then I notice there is not much you like about St Kilda. Our supporters are an embarressment sometimes with their attitude.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
chook23
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
fingers wrote:Whatever - we move on. Good luck Archie. Thanks for your service in what is probably a thankless job when it comes to supporters.

Now - options for CEO?
I agree fingers...and enough chest beating you other clowns, where will the next CEO come from? Is there a likely replacement on the current board, or will it be a (gasp) outsider??? Maybe even a 'non-Saints person (double gasp)??? :shock:
Has Harv learnt enough of the cheats to win us a flag!!
:wink:

saint4life
saintlee
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:
stinger wrote:the warning isn't for being right...it's for being wrong and being extremely offensive...the clown suggested we would all do the same thing...take a job heading up soccer in this country.......WRONG ......

i would have my balls removed first....then i would only be interested if i could disband the code.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ahhh... so you're one of these myopic tossers who can't appreciate both codes? Your one-sided ranting and raving now makes a little more sense.

i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......played by children of homesick nationalistic bigots in the main......
As a proud fan of both codes I find this comment absolutely ridiculous....

but true........strike a nerve did i.......
To be honest, yes, I love both games, can't see why they are 'mortal enemies'....the 2 aren't even played in the same season.....but to say its a sissies game shows a clear lack of understanding for the world game

degruch
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Now - options for CEO?
Has Harv learnt enough of the cheats to win us a flag!!
:wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe Harves was sent to Carlton by Archie for a development role...HIS development!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
stinger wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
stinger wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Personally I would like to thank Archie for what he had done for our great club, he has been a great CEO for us and keept the club going through some very difficult times. He has made himself accessable to the fans, what other CEO has done this? All the best Archie in your new position.

well.......his timing stinks.....you don't walk out on a footy club on the eve of a new season......imhfo...that is.....
You take opportunities as they come up, not when it suits other people.

not all of do that bev....some of us are bound by ethics and morals.......
You suggesting he should have consulted you first :roll: I don't see what he has done wrong ethically and morally? Get a grip.

You said you havn't liked him from the beginning, well you have made that obvious, but then I notice there is not much you like about St Kilda. Our
supporters are an embarressment sometimes with their attitude.

embarressment to whom...ffs......seriously you are the one who needs to get a grip......why get personal...you are entitled to your opinion...me to mine......but where do you get off saying that i

...suggested that he speak to me first....

then you have the cheek to

.....state that there is not much i like about st kilda.....

....state that supporters generally...and i presume me particularly are an embarrassment.....

guess you need sunnies and a big hat to hide under.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Rumolal

well B4E (i refuse to use the revered name Barks)
Can you supply one reason, one valid reason why Seaford will be worse for the club than Moorabbin?
Archie has dealt with three local councils simulataneously as well as the state govt, as well as the AFL. Damn sure you couldnt handle that.
The AFL state that w ehave the best deal of any club and will have the best facilities of any club - thats a fact.
Do you think Manchester United train at Old Trafford? No they train in a little village called Carrington miles awy from Manchester. Doesnt seem to have hurt them.
Well done Arch and good luck.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:
stinger wrote:the warning isn't for being right...it's for being wrong and being extremely offensive...the clown suggested we would all do the same thing...take a job heading up soccer in this country.......WRONG ......

i would have my balls removed first....then i would only be interested if i could disband the code.......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ahhh... so you're one of these myopic tossers who can't appreciate both codes? Your one-sided ranting and raving now makes a little more sense.

i hate soccer...it is the mortal enemy of football....anyway it's a sissies game......played by children of homesick nationalistic bigots in the main......

To be honest, yes, I love both games, can't see why they are 'mortal enemies'....the 2 aren't even played in the same season.....but to say its a sissies game shows a clear lack of understanding for the world game
my opinion......and i have played all three codes......

widereceiver
Club Player

Huzzah

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
redemption

stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:

Rugby tackles have clearly compromised your few remaining brain cells.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:

You are trying to tell us you have played soccer. No one played soccer back when you were young enough. Why would anyone who hates the game as much as you bother to play it. I dont like it either so there is no chance I would waste my time playing it.

onlooker
Club Player

Ditto for me too

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintlee wrote:
stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:

You are trying to tell us you have played soccer. No one played soccer back when you were young enough. Why would anyone who hates the game as much as you bother to play it. I dont like it either so there is no chance I would waste my time playing it.

i'm not that old plugger ffs........i played in a commonwealth government inter agency competition in the sixties........s*** game.......but it filled in an afternoon away from the office with the bosses approval.........ps...we won most games.....

for the record......wtf would i have said i played if i didn't..... :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Why three pages about some minor administrative employee leaving??

Are you lot bored or something?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Rumolal wrote:well B4E (i refuse to use the revered name Barks)
Can you supply one reason, one valid reason why Seaford will be worse for the club than Moorabbin?
Archie has dealt with three local councils simulataneously as well as the state govt, as well as the AFL. Damn sure you couldnt handle that.
The AFL state that w ehave the best deal of any club and will have the best facilities of any club - thats a fact.
Do you think Manchester United train at Old Trafford? No they train in a little village called Carrington miles awy from Manchester. Doesnt seem to have hurt them.
Museltov

Nor arsenal at the emirates / highbury etc etc

#1 Ryder fan
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Why three pages about some minor administrative employee leaving??

Are you lot bored or something?

good point.....

older saint
SS Life Member

The club must now ensure it gets the BEST person for the job, not the best available person - the best person!.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Rumolal wrote:well B4E (i refuse to use the revered name Barks)
Museltov

Nor arsenal at the emirates / highbury etc etc
And perhaps the greatest football club in the world is a good comparision to a provincial club of a game played in the SE if Australia, and where this provincial club has 9 other clubs to compete against. 8 in a city of 3.5 mill??

Hmmm

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Is it impossible to have a discussion on this board without people getting personal? Can we try and stay on topic?

I'm not trying to start a fight here, it's just something that occurs too often here.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Is it impossible to have a discussion on this board without people getting personal. Can we try and stay on topic.

I'm not trying to start a fight here, it's just something that occurs too often here.
evidently not........

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ditto ........................

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Rumolal

And your point being? Still cant answer how moving to Seaford is going to disadvantage the Saints can you. And dont say how players wont want to go there, thats garbage. And dont say it is a dodgy area, if you do then Robert Harvey who grew up and went to scholl within a couple of kms of the site must also be dodgy. I dare you to go there!
Fact of life is that some people arent happy unless they are complaining about something. Usually people who have not acheived anything in their life complain the most.

There is no reason why St K cant model themselves on a Man United. Collingwood and Esendo have been bleating on about that for years. People like you would rather the Saints stay a provincial little club so you can have more to whinge about. Get on board the progress train or get out of the way!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Rumolal, a few questions (these come without sarcasm) because you are obviously have some genuine insight into the situation.

- What do you make of Archie's tenure?

- What would you mark as his achievements and failures?

- How does he compare to previous CEOs such as Hanley, Waldron and Watts?

- Would you say he was able to meet expectations?

- Are there any natural successors out there?
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 25 Feb 2009 4:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
redemption wrote:

anyway....

come clean....who the f*** are you clown.......archie himself?????...or just someone pissing in his pocket....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ahhh I geddit... you dont like soccer so no-one else is allowed to? Good-o just clearing that up

Sheesh stinger, "a sissies game......played by children of homesick nationalistic bigots in the main"...so people who move here have to bow to the great God of AFL or they are "nationalistic bigots"?? Better eat pies and drive Holdens too I guess eh? Good God :roll:

Lets face it, if Archie had left to run Cricket Australia you'd be a whole lot more comfortable wouldnt you, cos its a sport played by dinkie-di true-blue Aussies *spit* and doesnt pose a threat to the only game any Aussie is allowed to play in winter...oh unless you are a "nationalistic bigot"...or worse still a sissie!!!!

Gawd, lucky Harvs only went to Carlton and not Melbourne Victory eh???? 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Rumolal

Do I think he ws the best CEO in the game, no he was not. Did he have his flaws - yes he did.
My original point referred to the incredible vitriol fired at him for the Seaford deal, which no one has been able to answer my question of how it is going to hurt the club.
All I can go by is the AFL who said we have the best deal of any club and will have the best facility - in my opinion job done.
Not to mention strengthening a whole new market of potential supporters and sponsors. How many other teams would love to open up a new market - all I would say. And really what do we gain financially out of the Moorabbin area?
Somehow many of you deem all this to be a failure.
Could our finances be in a better shape -certainly. Could we have a better deal at Telstra -certainly - but we are not alone in this case.
Without knowing the true ins and outs of the club we can only speculate at best on Archies tenure. But then I suppose this whole thing couldnt operate without speculation could it?