Resignation of Archie Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints7 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:You're right, such shows as 'Soccer AM' still exist - and there's a 'Soccer Express' bus in Merseyside to get to games, for example.

So it will always have a small place - hence Socceroos.

However, football fans here have decided to reject the tag, so while you can call it what you want if it helps you sleep at night, they'll be calling it football.

I sure hope Archie Fraser can help bring the WC 2018 to Australia...I'd forgive him for everything :)
exactly right Everton,

I guess it depends on your upbringing what you call the code and in what context. I'm mad EPL and have lived in the UK. They call it football or footie all the time. But here in Oz we get soccer and football, football is the 'new' term for it here as we are participating in global events now regularly via Asian Cups, and Asian Champions League, and World Cups etc.

Rugby League supporters also call their code football and rugby, so its the same thing. Our newer followers to our code in the northern states refer to our game as football or AFL. So there is no right answer IMO.

league supporters never....i say never .....call their code rugby........that's reserved for union.....northern australians....the ignorant swans type.... call our code aussie rules or afl......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Good luck Archis in your new position, and thanks for your four years at the Saints.

yeah...but don't let the door hit you on your fanny on the way out......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:saint66au obviously is sticking up for barks once more plain to see

barks is going against forum policy however saints66au decides to pick out the other poster

typical
This is what I am talking about saints66au. I'm not the only Saintsational member who is noticing the biased moderating.
noticed...or perceived?

Barks has just returned from his second ban in the past 6 months.

He gets disciplined and warned, and just because you receive a warning does not mean others have as well.
As we expect in our umpiring of AFL games, I think consistency is what is asked for.

It shouldn’t be difficult to achieve consistent consistency. For example in the second post of this thread a person is called an arsehole yet the poster is not warned and or the post deleted. Yet a moderator has no problem warning you if you use similar blatant abuse against same said poster in the same thread.
one was directed at a poster..as was the nob comment. and the F*** off comment.....the first one...post that is.... wasn't........unless archie is posting here under an alias..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Legendary
Club Player

If you think Archie Fraser had nothing to do with the coach being removed or the change of board then you are seriously misguided.

He was a big factor in the sacking of the coach ... Jim Watts read the signs and didn't want to upset a friendship, so Archie came in to do it.

He was an even bigger factor in the board change.

Have you any proof the staff turnover rate was any higher than previously? We have more people working in the marketing, membership, IT and administrative areas of the club than when Archie came on board.

It is not Archie's responsibility to bring in sponsors. That's the board's job. It is his responsibility to negotiate with them, work out a deal and implement it. He did this with Jeld-Wen (who approached the club), UD Trucks (who were from Westaway), ISC (apparel sponsor) and existing sponsors with who we brokered new agreements.

Archie was also responsible for employment decisions. He signs off on the employment of people at the club, and I know he was involved in interviewing some of our fitness staff.

Archie Fraser was the one who went to Ireland and set up a link there for recruiting etc.

He also met with the Sandringham Football Club and negotiated that decision.

None of those are football department decisions.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So Frasier is going to soccer is he?

Well soccer fans get ready to have your season tickets suddenly increased without warning and then not get listened to.

Hopefully he doesn't send your membership into a tailspin and then hightail it out of there - just like he has done at the Saints.

How is our membership tracking this year?

Good riddance to the money hungry bastard - destroyer of loyalty and killer of passion.

Good luck soccer - you will need it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I'd like to be the 1st on here to say

GOOD LUCK ARCHIE !!
Consider yourself equal,l a email and I do believe a previous post has got me there, but congrats to you on seeing just what he has done and just highly he is recognised in sports admin....

You and me see the tossers and see talent and he has gone to greater heights ....

The morons that don't have a clue and think they know better this Archie has probably doubled his wage now controls the A League....

Yes, bad timing for us, but why do you begrudge a person that just wants to go that extra yard and became recognised internationally ???

Again the work he has done to this Club and the effort he has provided was just fantastic

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
my les foote
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:So Frasier is going to soccer is he?
Is he the psychiatrist guy on that show who sounds a bit like Sideshow Bob?

Win it for HIM!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Legendary wrote:If you think Archie Fraser had nothing to do with the coach being removed or the change of board then you are seriously misguided.

He was a big factor in the sacking of the coach ... Jim Watts read the signs and didn't want to upset a friendship, so Archie came in to do it.

He was an even bigger factor in the board change.

Have you any proof the staff turnover rate was any higher than previously? We have more people working in the marketing, membership, IT and administrative areas of the club than when Archie came on board.

It is not Archie's responsibility to bring in sponsors. That's the board's job. It is his responsibility to negotiate with them, work out a deal and implement it. He did this with Jeld-Wen (who approached the club), UD Trucks (who were from Westaway), ISC (apparel sponsor) and existing sponsors with who we brokered new agreements.

Archie was also responsible for employment decisions. He signs off on the employment of people at the club, and I know he was involved in interviewing some of our fitness staff.

Archie Fraser was the one who went to Ireland and set up a link there for recruiting etc.

He also met with the Sandringham Football Club and negotiated that decision.

None of those are football department decisions.
Interesting read.

Maybe he simply knew what "had to be done" and did it.

If so, the question remains: Is our club in a stronger position than before he came along?

Would the keeping of GT and Butters be a tennable position?

Would we have got the same spending on the footy dept under Butters?

Would we have had a footy department under GT?

Was the previous admin becoming a major liability to the club because of the ongoing spats between RB and GT?

Was the Moorabbin option well and truly dead and buried? If Archie was the problem, why didn't Butters step in and fix it??

It's all fine to complain about "cloak and dagger" issues, but who really knows what goes on?

Perhaps he was the perfect person for the times... un emotional, and hard nosed enough to steer the club in a better sustainable direction.

Either way, if he was head hunted by the FFA, then he can't be the useless tool thany some on here make him out to be IMO.

Surely, if you're a total klutz at your job, your reputation would spread like wildfire?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So Frasier is going to soccer is he?

Well soccer fans get ready to have your season tickets suddenly increased without warning and then not get listened to.

Hopefully he doesn't send your membership into a tailspin and then hightail it out of there - just like he has done at the Saints.

How is our membership tracking this year?

Good riddance to the money hungry bastard - destroyer of loyalty and killer of passion.

Good luck soccer - you will need it.
That's enough of that from you young man!

Legendary
Club Player

If he is a fool, then why has he worked in senior executive roles for a couple of international companies, and why was he head-hunted by Soccer Australia?

Richter
SS Life Member

Well, I was not sure about AF at the beginning, but certatinly over the last year have warmed to him.

We appear to be in a better position now than when he took over - if only that we no longer have a feuding coach and President at the helm. And I credit him with some credit for getting rid of them both.

We have a plan to move to Seaford, there is a solid, dependable board. Yet there are question marks...... for instance......

Will the move to Seaford prove to be a success or a financial millstone?

CAn we market ourselves better to imrpove our standing as a club within the AFL/to increase our membership numbers?

We won't know the answers to these questions for a while yet - but overall I feel that the club is safe and in good hands - we couldn't really say that with GT and RB in charge - at least at the end anyway.

Looking forward to finding a new guy.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:If he is a fool, then why has he worked in senior executive roles for a couple of international companies, and why was he head-hunted by Soccer Australia?
because a fair few people on here actually think that the supporters control (or should control) his thinking...what would x, y or z do from saintsational???

probably nothing...sit on their chair and get out a copy of the three players in the tatt's for the membership drive and please themselves

the man is clever

and good on him, all the best

most people on here arent

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

His email to me to let me know that Munga and any other
W A people intending to watch training earlier this year would be personally advised of any training changing times is just another personal touch this CEO had on the members...

This is a work of a true and passionate person that holds the position of CEO and the special remark of my fathers birthday during half time at the intra club match just shows he is in touch with the fans.

I just hope we are blessed with someone that is as close to him as far as his professionalism and his ability to be in touch with the fans as he wa

Snapped up to head a League and not just a Club...

All the best to you Archie....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Legendary
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:His email to me to let me know that Munga and any other
W A people intending to watch training earlier this year would be personally advised of any training changing times is just another personal touch this CEO had on the members...

This is a work of a true and passionate person that holds the position of CEO and the special remark of my fathers birthday during half time at the intra club match just shows he is in touch with the fans.

I just hope we are blessed with someone that is as close to him as far as his professionalism and his ability to be in touch with the fans as he wa

Spot on.

Answered every email and question and was always willing with his time.

Speaking to him personally, you would not someone more passionate about his job.

bendigo bob
Club Player

Legendary wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:His email to me to let me know that Munga and any other

Spot on.

Answered every email and question and was always willing with his time.

Speaking to him personally, you would not someone more passionate about his job.
I whole heartedly agree. Have always found him willing to help the supporters whenever and however he could. He is, was and has been the right man for the job. Soccer has picked up a winner here.

As for the preceding 8 pages of mostly off topic tripe - move on people. Yes we are all entitled to our opinion but too many too readily jump off topic (like I am now) and launch into personal abuse. Hopefully when the season proper commences we can all get back to discussing the Saints and our propects of winning our second flag. Rant over.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
Quixote
SS Life Member

I think the fact that our CEO has been poached by Soccer Australia to govern the National A-League is a compliment to the STKFC.

But I guess that is being too objective for this place.

Thanks Archie and good luck.

:idea:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Why three pages about some minor administrative employee leaving??

Are you lot bored or something?
Correct JB.

You forgot to mention minor, OVERPAID employee!

Let's just hope for Stinger and Plugger's immense benefit that the Scottish Git helps Australia become the host of the World Cup in 2018 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unless you are talking about Tony lockett how did i get involved with this rubbish.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Why three pages about some minor administrative employee leaving??

Are you lot bored or something?
Correct JB.

You forgot to mention minor, OVERPAID employee!

Let's just hope for Stinger and Plugger's immense benefit that the Scottish Git helps Australia become the host of the World Cup in 2018 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unless you are talking about Tony lockett how did i get involved with this rubbish.
just showing immaturity by calling him a scottish git

you australian git

grow up

he succeeded

you haven't

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Any flaws during the GT/RB era were either ignored or forgiven due to the on field success we enjoyed.

It sounds like myabe AF understood that the club was bigger than the individuals and their egos... and made the concious decision to rid it of both.

I don't think he's a fool at all.

As stated by others... you don't get paoched to run the national comp if you're a goose.

This is the first time in my long memry that this club has been moving away from the cult of personality. Which can only be a positive.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:

Yes, thank god for these things. They've made such a huge difference on-field.

I'm amazed that the modern footy fan has been sucked in to thinking that these magical 'modern footy depts' are more important than winning footy matches.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
As stated by others... you don't get paoched to run the national comp if you're a goose.
He may be good at running a comp he is familiar with.

But I've never understood why he was running an AFL footy club. Like or not, but AFL footy clubs have a different culture to regular businesses, and certainly have a different culture to soccer clubs.

I felt Fraser never understood, embraced or even gave a shiit about this fact.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Yes, thank god for these things. They've made such a huge difference on-field.

I'm amazed that the modern footy fan has been sucked in to thinking that these magical 'modern footy depts' are more important than winning footy matches.
Rhetorical questions... dipshyte.

Go away back to your miserable little world.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
He may be good at running a comp he is familiar with.

But I've never understood why he was running an AFL footy club. Like or not, but AFL footy clubs have a different culture to regular businesses, and certainly have a different culture to soccer clubs.

I felt Fraser never understood, embraced or even gave a shiit about this fact.
how is it different to???

how is the culture different???

why do you think he never understoodd, embraced or gave a shiite about this??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:

Are you asking this seriously?

If you are, you've obviously never been involved in a footy club.

As for why I think "he never understoodd, embraced or gave a shiite about this??", that's just a perception I had of him.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:

Are you asking this seriously?

If you are, you've obviously never been involved in a footy club.

As for why I think "he never understoodd, embraced or gave a shiite about this??", that's just a perception I had of him.
perception why???

what was this built on??

and yes im serious, fire away