The Fox Report - Round 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:

Forget if GT's rejects are better than RL's... look at what GT gave up for them compared to RL. Get it? :roll:
Some don't.

ie MB says not to "count" getting King because we got him so cheap :shock:

Yet Brooks swapped for two low picks including a first rounder is held up as wise.... :roll:
i usually follow the gospel according to judson however i disagree

why should we wait 5 years approx to then judge rl based on a previous coach???

different list different strengths good and bad points other players have developed or 'come on' others have tapered away due to injury or simply poor form

why should we compare it all to what gt did???

do we compare it to gt because we went to consecutive prelim's without being able to play accountable football???

probably
A very good post.

The irony is just fantastic. The obsession with Thomas is unbelievable.

The obsession from those who are still trying to discredit him is bizarre. Why would Lyon's performance be any different by comparing him to GT?

Does that make Lyon a better coach if after 5 years he has a better record than Thomas?

Does it make him worse if he doesn't?

And aboev all that - what does that matter to the club?

How does that help at all?

Lyon's judged on what we dish up each week, and how many flags we win.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Superboot
SS Life Member

The blind turn.

The little step to the right.

The goal wide open.

Mini's effort took real confidence, looked spectacular first time around, and had the crowd on it's feet.

Maybe the guy has finally arrived.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

LOL...

We are happy to judge Lyon accordingly. YOU wrote him off after 3 months. :roll:

Fess up Dodgey... you don't like the guy as coach. That's ok. You're entitled to your views (even though you no longer follow the footy).

Look back in the thread, and see who bought up the whole GT issue... I don't think any of us did until MB raised it.

Oh dear... once again you get extremely selective in your replies... as is your want.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
We are happy to judge Lyon accordingly. YOU wrote him off after 3 months. :roll:
That's not true at all.
WayneJudson42 wrote: Fess up Dodgey... you don't like the guy as coach. That's ok. You're entitled to your views (even though you no longer follow the footy).
It has nothing to do with not liking the guy, I like him as a guy.

It's his coaching performance so far, and the perception I have as to his abilities as a coach that I don't like.

Fess up?? I've been saying this for some time openly.
Look back in the thread, and see who bought up the whole GT issue... I don't think any of us did until MB raised it.

GT's gone Wayne. Move on.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:LOL...

We are happy to judge Lyon accordingly.
You just wrote that you will judge him once he's had the same amount of time that GT had??

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:

You just wrote that you will judge him once he's had the same amount of time that GT had??
No... you are a liar. :lol:

I stated that if people want to judge Lyon based on comparisons to GT, then he should be given 5 years in the job also.

Nowehere did I set the criteria for judging him. Like I said, MB raised GT in this thread.

I have moved on.

Facts, Dodgey, Facts. Deal with them please.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I stated that if people want to judge Lyon based on comparisons to GT, then he should be given 5 years in the job also.

Nowehere did I set the criteria for judging him. Like I said, MB raised GT in this thread.
Don't you even bother reading your own posts these days? I thought it was just mine you didn't bother reading before responding to...

"RL: Jury is still out. Simple. Give him the time GT had, then judge."

Seems you're the liar again Wayne.

Not surpirsinging at all though, you're becoming quite notorious for your lies.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Don't you even bother reading your own posts these days? I thought it was just mine you didn't bother reading before responding to...

rf do you believe st kilda would have been able to win a premiership without being able to play close shut down football???

because to me i don't think we would even if we did make it to the gf...

everytime a game got tight and a team flooded we would still bomb it long to a tall or attempt to take the game on only to causes countless turnovers...the players simply had no idea

i think we have multiple games styles in accordance with multiple players who are very very versitile....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Rodger, so your analysis comes from watching it on TV, because you no longer go to the football because you have become passionless for it, correct?

Example being YOU WROTE " Gardiner went ok"

If you had gone to the game and if you knew anything about football you would have realized that Gardiner actually dominated and was worthy of being close to best on ground!

So much YOU do not see when your critique is based and relies on TV cameras alone!

As for the game itself, I thoroughly enjoyed it, restricting the opposition to two points for two and a half quarters was very satisfying and a result of not only the great effort by our players but the tactical brilliance of our coach.

No Hayes our best midfielder and vice captain, Riewoldt our captain, underdone and not having a great influence, Max, X missing, Raph getting injured in the second quarter with one less on the bench for much of the game and we were still able to win the midfield for most of the game and dominate for almost two and a half quarters, to my mind this was most encouraging!

Maybe you should call your thread the Fox TV report in future :idea:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
markp
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Maybe you should call your thread the Fox TV report in future :idea:
The Fox box report.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Oh dear... playing the "liar" card again, are we?

Selective quoting on your part, yet again. :roll:

Read my follow up post that clarifies my comments:

Bro, that's whole point... we shouldn't. Yet MB arked up and opened the can of worms. There were no comparisons until then.

Agree that RL should be judged on the "here and now".

But if people use GT as a yardstick, then they should allow RL the same time.

And you accuse me of not reading posts??? Bwahahahaha!

You poor deluded soul. :lol: :lol:

There you go... BIG letters so even you won't miss it.

Liar liar... pants on fire... :lol:

Anyway, you still haven't answered why someone who no longer has any passion for the AFL, let alone the Saints... doesn't go to matches... and has lost interest... still sees fit to post a weekly report. :lol:

More rantings from an "armchair expert". :roll:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:Rodger, so your analysis comes from watching it on TV, because you no longer go to the football because you have become passionless for it, correct?

If you had gone to the game and if you knew anything about football you would have realized that Gardiner actually dominated and was worthy of being close to best on ground!

So much YOU do not see when your critique is based and relies on TV cameras alone!

As for the game itself, I thoroughly enjoyed it, restricting the opposition to two points for two and a half quarters was very satisfying and a result of not only the great effort by our players but the tactical brilliance of our coach.

No Hayes our best midfielder and vice captain, Riewoldt our captain, underdone and not having a great influence, Max, X missing, Raph getting injured in the second quarter with one less on the bench for much of the game and we were still able to win the midfield for most of the game and dominate for almost two and a half quarters, to my mind this was most encouraging!

Now that's the old B4E I grew to love. :wink:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

rf do you believe st kilda would have been able to win a premiership without being able to play close shut down football???

everytime a game got tight and a team flooded we would still bomb it long to a tall or attempt to take the game on only to causes countless turnovers...the players simply had no idea
I don't agree with this at all.

I don't believe it was a coincidence that 'everytime a game got tight and a team flooded', we had severe injury concerns.

No one noticed the flooding against us when we were fit and had our good players fit and on the park.

I'm still staggered that with our terrible game plan, and with 7 of our starting 18 missing - we only just got nudged out of a Prelim in the last quarter against the eventual premier.

Us being 'worked out' and us having 'no response' once we were worked out -seemed to happen pretty much precisely at the time we were mauled by injuries to key players.

When we got key players back, and even in some cases without them - we were highly competitive.

So to answer your question, we would have won the 05 flag easily had we been fit.

Not in 04, the Lions and Port were better than us. We weren't ready. In 06 we could have, but never once had anything resembling a good team fit and on the park.

Sydney didn't win the flag because of their game plan or tactics. They won it because they had a star studded line up that was sully fit for 10 weeks straight.

Geelong didn't win it because of their game plan.

Neither did Hawthorn.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:

I don't believe it was a coincidence that 'everytime a game got tight and a team flooded', we had severe injury concerns.

No one noticed the flooding against us when we were fit and had our good players fit and on the park.

I'm still staggered that with our terrible game plan, and with 7 of our starting 18 missing - we only just got nudged out of a Prelim in the last quarter against the eventual premier.

Us being 'worked out' and us having 'no response' once we were worked out -seemed to happen pretty much precisely at the time we were mauled by injuries to key players.

When we got key players back, and even in some cases without them - we were highly competitive.

So to answer your question, we would have won the 05 flag easily had we been fit.

Agree

Not in 04, the Lions and Port were better than us. We weren't ready. In 06 we could have, but never once had anything resembling a good team fit and on the park.

Also agree

Sydney didn't win the flag because of their game plan or tactics. They won it because they had a star studded line up that was sully fit for 10 weeks straight.

Partly agree. Having your best side settled is tantamount in being able to execute your game plan. Sydney were able to shut down WCE"s midfield... aka gameplan.

Again, they won because of their ability to exectute their gameplan.

Neither did Hawthorn.
Ok, now you've lost it... try telling Clarkson that and keep a straight face.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Another year....

Same old bullshyt.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
yipper
SS Life Member

WayneJudson42 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Agree

Also agree

Partly agree. Having your best side settled is tantamount in being able to execute your game plan. Sydney were able to shut down WCE"s midfield... aka gameplan.

Again, they won because of their ability to exectute their gameplan.

Neither did Hawthorn.
Ok, now you've lost it... try telling Clarkson that and keep a straight face.
Yeah, coulda swore there was a plan being executed superbly by the Hawks last year, Hodge seemed to know what that plan was and what his role was!!! Sheesh, EVERYONE has lauded the gameplans of both trhe Cats and the Hawks over the last couple of seasons.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
Yeah, coulda swore there was a plan being executed superbly by the Hawks last year, Hodge seemed to know what that plan was and what his role was!!! Sheesh, EVERYONE has lauded the gameplans of both trhe Cats and the Hawks over the last couple of seasons.
That's because people, particularly footy fans, are diickheads.

Executing the game plan is crucial.

What the game plan is, isn't.

You can't execute your game plan if you have shiit players, or key players missing.

Experienced, mature players are able to adhere to a plan much better than young guys.

Hawthorn's plan didn't win them the flag. Their ability to stick to it under pressure, and have some pretty handy cattle carrying it out is what won them the flag.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Geelong didn't win it because of their game plan.

Neither did Hawthorn.
Dodgy, seriously there is no need to debate anything you say and no good reason for anyone to respond to your drivel, because once and for all you have encapsulated beyond any reasonable doubt that you know SFA!

I'm still confused though as to how much time you spend writing this nonsense when you've already stated that you have no passion for AFL football anymore!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
yipper wrote:

You can't execute your game plan if you have shiit players, or key players missing.

Experienced, mature players are able to adhere to a plan much better than young guys.

Hawthorn's plan didn't win them the flag. Their ability to stick to it under pressure, and have some pretty handy cattle carrying it out is what won them the flag.
You sir are a total and utter footy fan.

yipper
SS Life Member

bob__71 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
yipper wrote:

Haha. Gold!!! :lol:

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Rodger, so your analysis comes from watching it on TV, because you no longer go to the football because you have become passionless for it, correct?

Geez b4e... I must be ill... I'm agreeing with you! :lol:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:

Geez b4e... I must be ill... I'm agreeing with you! :lol:

MMMm must be all those meetings with Archie ( was that last one in a corporate box)
:wink: - BY jove you've got it B4E - there is a huge differance to watching on TV to live- since I have been going regularly to games Ii make a lousy TV game watcher- because I can't see down the field, or off to the side, or who is taking a player away....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
PJ
SS Life Member

Yyyup

So all this zone defence that is now a popular party trick on game day requires no thought to structure and implement - just a good bunch of fellows to execute it.

Ever thought of writing your own column/thread, oops beat me to it.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

you've @ssed yourself Dodg.

see ya next week. :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
bob__71 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
yipper wrote:

Haha. Gold!!! :lol:
Burn of the year.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....