daniel wells.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints94
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Daniel Wells has been dropped from this weekend match against Essendon
Because of some " Hip Complaint" :roll: :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Hey Saints94,

Why do you keep changing you nic?

I much prefer Homie :idea:
Everyone can still call me that i don't like that name, i am homework on " SaintsCentral" this will be the last time i change it............. this name suits me :wink:
For someone who doesn't like being called "Homie", why then did you post this??

Saints94 wrote:
Loyal wrote:moorabbin is home and will remain suchly Saints94.
i'm not the only one who wants it that way mate.
Just because you want doesn't mean you get Loyal and its Homie :wink:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints94
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Saints94 wrote:

Everyone can still call me that i don't like that name, i am homework on " SaintsCentral" this will be the last time i change it............. this name suits me :wink:
For someone who doesn't like being called "Homie", why then did you post this??

Saints94 wrote:
Loyal wrote:moorabbin is home and will remain suchly Saints94.
i'm not the only one who wants it that way mate.
Just because you want doesn't mean you get Loyal and its Homie :wink:
Homie is fine i don't like Homework and anyway that name is known for incorrect spelling and that name got abused :cry: :oops:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Well mate, maybe your poll in the other forum should be changed from Homework to Homie...

But in any case it's your choice on what nic you like and if you like your current one, then just keep it.
Last edited by St Fidelius on Thu 16 Apr 2009 5:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saints94
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Well mate, maybe your poll in the other forum should be changed from Homework to Homie
I don't want "Homie" for a username, but for a nickname its ok :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

[quote="St Fidelius"
But in any case it's your choice on what nic you like and if you like your current one, then just keep it.[/quote]

Saints94
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:[quote="St Fidelius"
But in any case it's your choice on what nic you like and if you like your current one, then just keep it.
[/quote]Yeah your right i will keep it im hoping one day i can be a mod and run this place :wink: :)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

North Melbourne and him are obviously not a good fit. Needs a change of atmosphere and a new approach to get the best out of him.

His natural ability is undoubted. His application leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn't say no. Could be the icing on the cake.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Must be the name "Daniel" as we picked one up in the top 10 a few years back now, Daniel Wulf, and he never seemed like he wanted to be out there either alot like Wells.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

wells was a st kilda player until a poster in the last seconds of a match against the swannies forced a draw.....earned us two points and cost us a priority pick.......but then again we might have gone for salopek.......who we could have got anyway with the pick we traded to port .......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Marcus1232
Club Player

wells was a st.kilda player up right until the draft week when the afl penalised carlton

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no.....he and bj were headed to carlton......before they lost the picks...but that was always going to happen......

i thought carlton had picks one and two ....with three going to us......that is just before the draft....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 16 Apr 2009 6:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Marcus1232
Club Player

ah ok

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i know west coast tryed very hard to get him to come "home" (funny thing is the kids from SA but mover to perth to play WAFL and get noticed by the drafters) but north were asking too much for him . i dunno some players when they dont have the heart for footy are not worth the risk think all the tallent Brooks had but no ticker for the game North might keep him to trade to the gold coast ???

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
santazzi
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
Marcus1232 wrote:wells looks like he doesnt want to be out there alot of the time
Alot of the aboriginal players are lazy my own cousin was delisted from Collingwood's list because he was lazy (Chris Egan)
A vey unfair generalisation and a poor judgment of "a lot of" indigenous players...I think................

savatage
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote:Must be the name "Daniel" as we picked one up in the top 10 a few years back now, Daniel Wulf, and he never seemed like he wanted to be out there either alot like Wells.
Where did you come up with that from!? Daniel Wulf was the LAST player taken in that entire draft. With some self belief he would've shown a lot more than he did. Very low on confidence he was.

savatage
SS Life Member

Marcus1232 wrote:wells was a st.kilda player up right until the draft week when the afl penalised carlton
Salopek was the man at that stage.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
saintbob wrote:Must be the name "Daniel" as we picked one up in the top 10 a few years back now, Daniel Wulf, and he never seemed like he wanted to be out there either alot like Wells.
Where did you come up with that from!? Daniel Wulf was the LAST player taken in that entire draft. With some self belief he would've shown a lot more than he did. Very low on confidence he was.
I always liked Wulf and remember his game in the reserves GF and played a great game, he could play forward or back...

Stuffed up a shot at goal in one match for the Saints and sadly that is what the fans remember him for.

He could play small or tall and could play back or forward, much like Matthew Ferguson...

Both had potential, but patience ran out

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Marcus1232 wrote:wells was a st.kilda player up right until the draft week when the afl penalised carlton
Yep, Salopek was interviewed before the draft and by what I think he would have been our first pick, but Carlton was found out to be cheating the system and we secured Goddard.

I don't know why references have been made to the 2004 draft because Wells was selected in the 2002 draft

saintbob
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:
Sorry wrong bloke all together, I was actually thinking of Caydn Beetham.

So disregard the post.

rexy
SS Life Member

Wells did win a B&F 2 years ago so consistancy obviously not a problem that year.

Harvey has also been ordinary for NM this year.

Perhaps it has to do with structure/gameplan/selection/team balance. I dont know, I dont watch NM that closely.

Wells is a good player who is out of touch and I think would still demand a good price at the trade table.

Maybe this year?
esaint66
SS Life Member

When I see every thread in the forum with a new name as the last post in each one, i just simply think Homie's gone and changed his name :wink:

JEANLUCPICARD
Club Player

Wells is the 2nd most critisized player in the AFL.

The 1st is Richard Tambling.

I think Wells is just what he is, sporadic. I think he's an icing on the cake player, a bit like Dal Santo.

goodie
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
savatage wrote:
Yep, Salopek was interviewed before the draft and by what I think he would have been our first pick, but Carlton was found out to be cheating the system and we secured Goddard.

I don't know why references have been made to the 2004 draft because Wells was selected in the 2002 draft
I still regard Salopek as one of the ones who got away, we could've had him and BJ had we not traded pick 6

savatage
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote:
savatage wrote:
Sorry wrong bloke all together, I was actually thinking of Caydn Beetham.

So disregard the post.
Haha all good. Yep Caydn....certainly had an issue with the professionalism of being an AFL footballer...wasted pick.