Schneider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Schneider

Has done bugger all in four matches so far this season IMO.

I appreciate that there is a bit of a "Schneider cult" on this forum: he's a point of difference, has GF-winning experience, knows where the goals are, etc, etc.

But, really.............................. :? :?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah i have thought the same....
maybe he needs what milne and dal got last year??

drop him for X for a week, see what happens??
but this week??
dunno :?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he's doing enough atm still,and like it or not he has the x factor...factor? They are given extra credits in the bank for there ability to kick goals and break games open.

Bring back the Lockett era
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I reckon he's doing enough atm still,and like it or not he has the x factor...factor? They are given extra credits in the bank for there ability to kick goals and break games open.
His extra credits must be in one of those US banks that lost all their $$$ by lending them to "NINJAs".

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Coach's pet. Will be picked every week he is fit.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Coach's pet. Will be picked every week he is fit.
lol
aint that the truth
hahahha :o

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I've been waiting for a Schneider thread because there seems to be a few quite willing to pot him, calling for him to be dropped.

Now I'm not a member of the 'Schneider Cult' but whilst I agree he can play better I don't believe he's been all that bad. He tackles, he chases and when he does have the ball running into goal he seems to always give the ball off to a player in a better position to kick the goal if there's one there.

This is a trait that hasn't been reciprocated, Milne being the primary culprit. By my memory of the games played to date Milne could have given off to Schneider on at least 3 separate occasions, guaranteeing a goal (I believe Milne kicked two of those three). I bring this up because if you add these goals to Schneider's assists then his output would be on par or above.

I also believe that with Schneider in the side Milne's work rate has improved, (healthy competition). Milne's tackling is better and both work hard up on to the wing to present.

Personally I think that if Schneider is the worst player in our 22 then we are in a very strong position and motoring along nicely.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:Coach's pet. Will be picked every week he is fit.
There are no "coach's pets" (or "coach's project players") in this team

They all earn their spots here under the current coach and his selection panels.

Well said GhostLike by the way......!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Personally I think that if Schneider is the worst player in our 22 then we are in a very strong position and motoring along nicely.
I totally agree with you.

Yes, he is the worst in our 22 ATM and, yes, we are in a strong position.

If it were up to me, I would replace him with X in the team against Port.

But I can understand why Lyon wouldn't bother about this. There's a lot to be said for the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

But I am getting a bit impatient waiting to see Schneider perform at anything like his best. (BTW, to be scrupulously fair, I thought he was ok against Adelaide in Rd 2. Even then, he didn't do anything special.)

- Jonathan Swift
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I am not a Schneider fan, however he is very important to us.
He is a smart footballer, something we have few of, Milne being another and BJ being the prototype.

Schneider was poor last night, but OK previously I thought, must be close for X though...

He would be as close to being a pet than anyone else on the list....

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I agree with those sentiments Mehe, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' as I don't see a need to change a side just for the sake of giving a perceived better player a shot. Change by all means if it's not working or a player isn't pulling their weight. IMO, Schneider is doing what is needed ATM and I like you will be very pleased if he can pull a few blinders out for us this season.

The footy gods will undoubtebly(?) give us plenty of opportunities to play others as the season progresses and hopefully by the later rounds our very best team will be together and in form.

starsign
Club Player

Scneiderman, like the other 21 at present ,is doing the job asked for 4 quarters and continues to do the hard things and 1percenters very well, many of which go unnoticed in the heat of battle until you watch the replay
A great team player ,very unselfish and very dangerous man crumbing in the forward zone...and yes you just never know , he may well bob up with a day out snagging 4 or 5 , but while hes 100% fit with his hammies , he's always going to be a starter!
He and milney must be a bit of a planning nightmare for opposition brainstrust each week for sure!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Shock horror - Roo had not performed up until the Dockers game either - should he have been dropped!

Hold your breath - Adam could very soon tear up the place. Calling for a dropping is a dangerous pastime!

Look for the 1%'s - the things you dont see on TV - the shepherds the bumps the positional plays.

Believe or Burn!

barneyboyz
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote:I've been waiting for a Schneider thread because there seems to be a few quite willing to pot him, calling for him to be dropped.

Now I'm not a member of the 'Schneider Cult' but whilst I agree he can play better I don't believe he's been all that bad. He tackles, he chases and when he does have the ball running into goal he seems to always give the ball off to a player in a better position to kick the goal if there's one there.

This is a trait that hasn't been reciprocated, Milne being the primary culprit. By my memory of the games played to date Milne could have given off to Schneider on at least 3 separate occasions, guaranteeing a goal (I believe Milne kicked two of those three). I bring this up because if you add these goals to Schneider's assists then his output would be on par or above.

I also believe that with Schneider in the side Milne's work rate has improved, (healthy competition). Milne's tackling is better and both work hard up on to the wing to present.

Personally I think that if Schneider is the worst player in our 22 then we are in a very strong position and motoring along nicely.
I am with you there Casper, to a point, I think Sainters are generally very critical of certain players at times, however, i think he has been better than usual up the ground and the coaching staff have an understanding better than mine, it might be a gradual improvement they are looking for.

Sainters, always have respect for someone who puts on our colours, they believe

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Look for the 1%'s - the things you dont see on TV - the shepherds the bumps the positional plays.
I can't argue with this point. If you look at one of the stats websites Schneider isn't making any great impact in the standard stats (disposals, goals, tackles, goal assists, etc.).

But, being someone who - because of personal circumstances - can only see games on TV ATM, I accept that Schneider might be doing lots of bumps, shepherds and 1 percenters that I can't see.

- Jonathan Swift
barneyboyz
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Look for the 1%'s - the things you dont see on TV - the shepherds the bumps the positional plays.
I can't argue with this point. If you look at one of the stats websites Schneider isn't making any great impact in the standard stats (disposals, goals, tackles, goal assists, etc.).

But, being someone who - because of personal circumstances - can only see games on TV ATM, I accept that Schneider might be doing lots of bumps, shepherds and 1 percenters that I can't see.
Last night was full of the 1%ers, I thought Freo had plenty of the ball, but couldn't make it work, surprised me we won by as much quite frankly, we simply did things at the right times

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Shock horror - Roo had not performed up until the Dockers game either - should he have been dropped!

Hold your breath - Adam could very soon tear up the place. Calling for a dropping is a dangerous pastime!

Look for the 1%'s - the things you dont see on TV - the shepherds the bumps the positional plays.

Believe or Burn!
Yes up until last night these have been pretty good, though he looked a little bored last night, though the 1%ers had dropped off.

savatage
SS Life Member

Consumate team player, doing his job every week. Hands goals that he, himself, could kick to make his stats look more impressive, but cares for the team. He stays.
Last edited by savatage on Sun 19 Apr 2009 9:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

noob
Club Player

when he didn't have the ball he got in a few decent spoils.

Buckets
SS Life Member

IMO he is playing the role that is asked of him. And as long as he does that he stays in the team. Applie pressure in the foward line and means that the opposition need to make sure that they have two small forwards to combat both Milne and Adam. Bit harsh on the bloke IMO.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
battye
Saintsational Legend

Schnadzo is an exciting player - I suspect the reason he hasn't been getting as many goals is because the midfield are kicking more goals and we haven't been kicking deep into the forward 50 all that often (which would reduce crumbing opportunities).

There's no reason to drop him, he is an important part of our forward line. Milne and Schnadzo make a great small forward combination.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

You know the team is travelling well when this is the only negative crap that MB can drag up.

starsign
Club Player

don't worry our boys know full well at present RL's commitment to the 1 percenters and tackling .....a drop off in your individual stats in these areas and you place is up for grabs ....(typified last year by the dropping of Milney and Dal)....and we all heard him say it on national TV to his players not very long ago
the reason why we are winning well with a % of 200+ and why we have used a mere 23 players over 4 rounds is that they are all complying Adam Schneider included, and you can chuck in Jimbo, Mini, Geary as well

as sure as God made little green apples, the only "in" this week will be for Kozi and anyone else that doesn't come up fitness or tribunal wise

barneyboyz
Club Player

starsign wrote:don't worry our boys know full well at present RL's commitment to the 1 percenters and tackling .....a drop off in your individual stats in these areas and you place is up for grabs ....(typified last year by the dropping of Milney and Dal)....and we all heard him say it on national TV to his players not very long ago
the reason why we are winning well with a % of 200+ and why we have used a mere 23 players over 4 rounds is that they are all complying Adam Schneider included, and you can chuck in Jimbo, Mini, Geary as well

as sure as God made little green apples, the only "in" this week will be for Kozi and anyone else that doesn't come up fitness or tribunal wise
Giddy Up that sainter "starsign" dude

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Schneider

meher baba wrote:Has done bugger all in four matches so far this season IMO.

I appreciate that there is a bit of a "Schneider cult" on this forum: he's a point of difference, has GF-winning experience, knows where the goals are, etc, etc.

But, really.............................. :? :?
Well based on the MB record for "off with their heads" for your perceived poor performers (Lyon, CJ , Gardiner....) I am sure that Schneider will be valuable contributor...

Personally I think with Schneider in the team that Milne's load has been eased somehwat as he is no longer the only small forward that our opponents have to worry about.

In addition now that our mids are regularly kicking goals (CJ 3 and Dal 2 this week....J 4 in quarter when play forward last week.....Geary on the run etc...)...Schneider and Milne will not be the subject as quite as close checking as they have been.

What we now have is many avenues to goal..reflected in this year list of many goal-kickers each week.

Different players have kick bags each week.. This is making us harder to stop as opposition coaches can no longer simply play extr men back on one or two players to dry up the St Kilda goals.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....