For the first time ever I'm disgusted with the St. Kilda FC

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Is this in spite of the member services email that went out a couple of weeks ago?
Last edited by InkerSaint on Mon 18 May 2009 7:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:
Hey I'm a full member and lliving interstate I am lucky to see 3 games live a year, stop complaining.
Same. Used to be interstate member but upgraded, mainly just to support the club...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
SaintDebi
Club Player

Come on guys, lets all try to see someone else's perspective here. Some of you have been pretty harsh on Skeptic just because he has voiced disappointment with an aspect of a product he has purchased. Surely you've all done the same over something others might thnk trivial: maybe, "my burger doesn't look like the one on the menu board", or " my printer should have come with USB cables and I'm not happy". When we find out something isn't what we thought we purchased its pretty normal to be peeved. I'm sure as the initial annoyance wears off there won't be any real danger of Skeptic cancelling his membership.
I'm happy with the replacement game because I can't get to the other one, and I bet most of you knocking Skeptic are in the same boat.
Obviously the whole membership deal is set up in such a way that there is not an option to choose which game you prefer, but really, how hard could that be?
Especially as the replacement is the last game of the season: if you have already scanned it eleven times it doesn't let you in again. No harder than not letting you pass it through the gate for someone to scan through with it on game day once its already been used. It can't be that hard.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:
Hey I'm a full member and lliving interstate I am lucky to see 3 games live a year, stop complaining.
Same. Used to be interstate member but upgraded, mainly just to support the club...
....And thats admirable guys. Well done, and thanks for supporting the club. But the difference here is you made a concious decision to do that.

And, BTW there is no way I'll be in QLD for the game, so I don't think I have a biased point of veiw here.

doristhesaint
Club Player

get over yourself what a sook just go and buy a ticket on the night and go to the game :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: For the first time ever I'm disgusted with the St. Kilda

skeptic wrote:I spent $300 on a club membership and have been a member since 1997 and that's despite that fact that since about 2002'ish, I only go to about 2-3 games a year.

Today they tell me that my membership doesn't entitle me to a ticket for the game on the goal coast againsy Melb, because of the compensation game.

On my ticket it says admits to 11 home games.
This is a home game.

I just happen to be at the Goldcoast on the weekend of that game and think that it's disgusting that my $300 ticket for 11 home games doesn't cover this and they want me to fork out more. I don't give a damn about the compensation game, i don't want to go to that, I want to go to this... why don't I have a choice.
I pbly won't even go to it.
I appreciate that they clearly specify this (or so they tell me in the members guidelines), but I don't see why i'm not entitled to a choice

This is the first time, I've ever actually felt cheated by the club. And for the first time ever, I'm going to seriously consider not renewing my membership next season.

I might call the club tomorrow and register a complaint.

What do you guys think?
I do see your point skeptic, and I do wish your friend well in hospital...

Yes, as you stated, you may not even go to the game, but you should have a choice...

Surely with todays IT and scanning a bar code on entry for the match in Brisbane should automatically disallow you entry to the return game in Melbourne.

Just how simple is this???

It all must be computer generated and this should be done, if skeptic gained entry into the Brisbane match.

It should be his choice, whether he goes or not, it should be IT generated

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Have to say I was a bit disappointed initially when I found out I couldn't scan in as a member.

Booked cheap flights when the fixture came out and thought there would have been a choice between the interstate home game and the trade-off game.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for their computer systems to work out which barcodes to retire for the Melbourne game.

Anyway have tickets to this one now ($87 for three) , but certainly see skeptic's POV. Okay it's only $87 but it's my $87.

Choice couldn't have been too hard to organise.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Have to say I was a bit disappointed initially when I found out I couldn't scan in as a member.

Booked cheap flights when the fixture came out and thought there would have been a choice between the interstate home game and the trade-off game.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for their computer systems to work out which barcodes to retire for the Melbourne game.

Anyway have tickets to this one now ($87 for three) , but certainly see skeptic's POV. Okay it's only $87 but it's my $87.

Yeah, I feel it's out of St Kilda's hands and it up to the AFL to allow this to happen.

The AFL should allow this on entry and the bar code entry should be updated to suit this option for the members.

It shouldn't be too hard to do....

skeptic, if I were you, I would raise this matter to the AFL and not the Club, as I feel it is out of their control and it's up to the AFL to accommodate the wishes of members gaining entry into stadiums

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote: Some of you have been pretty harsh on Skeptic just because he has voiced disappointment with an aspect of a product
the ferocity of the words may be the reason for people jumping at skeptic.

he did use the word "disgusted"
if he had said dissapointed, saddened, upset, disgruntled there would maybe be more understanding...

'disgust' for me is for when something of a more distastefull manner to have happened- I thought the club may have bordered on immoral or amoral or not quite legit.......

I could say I am disgusted with people who haven't renrewed their memberships and leave us languishing at the bottom of that ladder-- but in reality I am more saddened that people are unable to renew or can';t seee the value of continuing to support the club.....

often people say something in the extreme and find they have opened their vocabularly wallett too far.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Does the Gold Coast venue have bar code scanner for tickets?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Forgive my righteous tone, but I think I've done a lot more for the club then it has for me.
Sorry skeptic..that is VERY righteous..and a touch pompous to boot

Maybe the problem is not the Clubs...maybe Ticketmasters infrastructure cant handle it...ever thought of that before you go off half-cocked at the Club??

We never got Members entry in Tassie...and I bet the Hawks dont either

If it cheers you up we arent going there in 2010 any more...the AFL have pulled the pin on it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Does the Gold Coast venue have bar code scanner for tickets?
Skilled Stadium have hand held scanners which work very effectively.

They would HAVE to be AFL/Ticketmaster/Ticketek approved as they scan memberships.

Wouldn't be hard to have them available for any stadium I would hope.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
SaintDebi wrote: Some of you have been pretty harsh on Skeptic just because he has voiced disappointment with an aspect of a product

if he had said dissapointed, saddened, upset, disgruntled there would maybe be more understanding...

'disgust' for me is for when something of a more distastefull manner to have happened- I thought the club may have bordered on immoral or amoral or not quite legit.......

I could say I am disgusted with people who haven't renrewed their memberships and leave us languishing at the bottom of that ladder-- but in reality I am more saddened that people are unable to renew or can';t seee the value of continuing to support the club.....

often people say something in the extreme and find they have opened their vocabularly wallett too far.
i'll wear that

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Forgive my righteous tone, but I think I've done a lot more for the club then it has for me.
Sorry skeptic..that is VERY righteous..and a touch pompous to boot

Maybe the problem is not the Clubs...maybe Ticketmasters infrastructure cant handle it...ever thought of that before you go off half-cocked at the Club??

We never got Members entry in Tassie...and I bet the Hawks dont either

If it cheers you up we arent going there in 2010 any more...the AFL have pulled the pin on it
only worked that in as a response to being told i was "hanging the club out to dry".
obviously it's a football club, it's purpose is to play games, win premierships and make money.

and bernard... in 97 i was 13 and started umpiring footy and finally had enough to buy a membership

SaintDebi
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:

Fair point, Saintbrat. I have to admit that the thread title did have me wondering just exactly what the club had done, and in fact, until I read your post I hadn't even realised that I had substituted the word Disappointment for disgusted.
Even so, I'm guessing that Skeptic's post was made while he was freshly frustrated with the club, and with time to think rationally I'm guessing that he might now feel more disappontment than disgust.
Having said that, I'm not in a position to put words in his mouth or tell him how he should feel, so I apologise for that. Unfortunately I have a tendency to give everybody the benefit of the doubt and maybe I tend to err on that side more oft than not.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote: Fair point, Saintbrat. I have to admit that the thread title did have me wondering just exactly what the club had done, and in fact, until I read your post I hadn't even realised that I had substituted the word Disappointment for disgusted.
Same here but in different context.

Looked at my first post above and realised I too had used the word disappointed...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Bit of an over reaction skeptic brother...

I too thought it was a bit rough when I found out I had to buy a ticket, but I wasn't up in arms about it and threatening not to renew over it...

I get used to being ripped off by the AFL...just another 20 bucks. Following the footy these days is like getting you're car serviced. They end up throwing an extra $40 here,and $36 there,in the end the bill becomes that big that what's an extra 20 bucks.

If you want you can come out with us in Cavill ave after the game,and we'll really show the AFL what we think of there antics......yeah!

Bring back the Lockett era
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Bit of an over reaction skeptic brother...

I too thought it was a bit rough when I found out I had to buy a ticket, but I wasn't up in arms about it and threatening not to renew over it...

I get used to being ripped off by the AFL...just another 20 bucks. Following the footy these days is like getting you're car serviced. They end up throwing an extra $40 here,and $36 there,in the end the bill becomes that big that what's an extra 20 bucks.

If you want you can come out with us in Cavill ave after the game,and we'll really show the AFL what we think of there antics......yeah!
Maybe I can offload the young bloke and the old bloke and join you :lol:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
jonesy wrote:Bit of an over reaction skeptic brother...

Maybe I can offload the young bloke and the old bloke and join you :lol:
nah bring the young bloke along for some culture!

Bring back the Lockett era
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote: nah bring the young bloke along for some culture!
As a 14 y.o. he got enough
culture
in Amsterdam - Dad needs time too 8-)

saint-stu
Club Player

Really? I would have thought it would be very diffucult to organise. We have 30 000 members.

Who is going to process these choices? How are they going to process these choices? How do we get the preexising ticket systems to handle the fact that members can chose? I doubt they would have been built for that.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
Really? I would have thought it would be very diffucult to organise. We have 30 000 members.

Who is going to process these choices? How are they going to process these choices? How do we get the preexising ticket systems to handle the fact that members can chose? I doubt they would have been built for that.
A computerised system when I book my social club tickets each week tells me, if I try to book twice (which happens sometimes when the Ticketmaster site crashes in the middle of booking) that my barcodes are "retired". ie, they have already been used.

This tells me to wait and the tickets will be emailed to my account address.

Skilled Stadium have hand held scanners that scan members tickets, telling them that that ticket cannot be used again for that match.

They are similar to scanners our groceries are scanned with, in fact probably exactly the same scanners.

You cannot tell me that the Ticketing system, in 2009, cannot differentiate, or could not come up with a system that says if you scanned in as a member for a "home" game at Carrara, then you can't scan in at the "trade-off" game in round (?).

You see, Geelong members can be scanned in at a stadium that doesn't have the Etihad scanner ports, yet somehow they still record their membership numbers and the fact they have already been used or already "retired" for that game.

Please don't tell me that the multi-million dollar organisation they call the AFL doesn't have the technology or funding to enable all H&A venues to be equipped with such bizarre crazy technology as hand held scanners, with the inability to link those who scanned through as members at Carrara as being "retired" codes 14 weeks later....

Anyway as I said, I have tickets, I paid an extra $87 for them, and may not get to see the trade-off game to other commitments.

And gee, I'll have spent over $2000 on this club this year.

But it wasn't about money, it was about principle, and not necessarily the fault of our club.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

I agree with saintbrat and I was disgusted by the disgusting choice of words, surely this can be disgussed without needing to use the word disgusted!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:

The purpose of comp game is to make up for the game most members won't go to.

how many members from melb would be expected to go... i said 5000 in a previous post but i was being generous.
Do u think it would be more than enough to fill the ground beyond capacity... i wouldn't have thought so

y not let them go to both... it's hardly a significant hit to the wallet to let the couple of hundred or say 2k members club members that go up in for free

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:I agree with saintbrat and I was disgusted by the disgusting choice of words, surely this can be disgussed without needing to use the word disgusted!
I disguised it by using the word disgappointing 8-)