A Funny story

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jk23
Club Player

A Funny story

My mother who speaks VERY broken english called me saturday to tell me about a football player getting pulled up by police for drink driving and she insisted that he was from the saints, I asked where she heard this she said on the radio , I asked her which station , so I tried and tried to find it on my radio and could not, I called her back and she told me a different station, I thought in my panic that I could not find it so she stayed on the line and I listened to the news on her radio on the phone, in the mean time I checked this site and the internet, breaking news and still nothing, nothing on the radio news so I hung up... I called one of my saints mates and she starting searching and finally she called me back with..... A 49 year old man was caught drink driving 4 times over the limit in ST.KILDA !!!!!! We laughed and laughed, my mum ruined my saturday, but a big sigh of relief... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jk23 on Mon 18 May 2009 11:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Thank goodness it wasn't true. We don't need anything like that to possibly de-rail our season.
( Does your Mum speak 'Spoken' or 'Broken' english?)
My wife finds it funny how I could be in middle of a conversion with the telly or radio going in the background & all of a sudden I stop mid sentence & direct my complete attention to the radio/telly.
The reason? St kilda! The mere mention of 'St kilda' immediately grabs my attention. & quite often It's not even to do with the footy club!

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
jk23
Club Player

TriColourDisciple wrote:Thank goodness it wasn't true. We don't need anything like that to possibly de-rail our season.
( Does your Mum speak 'Spoken' or 'Broken' english?)
My wife finds it funny how I could be in middle of a conversion with the telly or radio going in the background & all of a sudden I stop mid sentence & direct my complete attention to the radio/telly.
The reason? St kilda! The mere mention of 'St kilda' immediately grabs my attention. & quite often It's not even to do with the footy club!
I think saints supporters are all the same anything mentioned with the word St.kilda and our colours, and yes she speaks very broken english ( fixed typo error thanks ) and yes I am very glad that she got it wrong....