Decision by Friday. Rd 14 !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bozza1980
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:It'll be a disgrace if the game isn't moved.

St Kilda could get 90,000 to a home match. And we could win. On the MCG. Against Geelong.

If you don't want to be a part of that, geez - get out of the way.
I'm just really surprised everybody doesn't feel the same way.
I guess it's a case of worrying about what you can change and not worrying about things you can't.

It would be amazing to have a finals type atmosphere at the g against the pussy cats. That said it would be amazing to be at the dome bursting at the seams.

I personally don't believe playing or not playing at the G has any effect on your chances come September.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

IF Collo offers us $250K ish to keep it at Docklands, then why not lock out all those feral Cats fans?

It would keep reserved seat holders happy also staying at Docklands.

PLUS.....

We prob. have more chance of winning there then at the MCG.

F*** "experience playing at the G"......let's play where we have the greatest chance of getting 4 points!

AlpineStars
Club Player

Its a hard one because we do play well at the dome but to win the flag we will more than likely have to beat Geelong at the G. I have mates who follow other teams who would go to this game if it was at the G, the crowd would be huge.

Wake me up when September ends.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:IF Collo offers us $250K ish to keep it at Docklands, then why not lock out all those feral Cats fans?

PLUS.....

F*** "experience playing at the G"......let's play where we have the greatest chance of getting 4 points!
Wasnt Geelong last loss at the G. They play welle everywhere. We need to play well at the G.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:IF Collo offers us $250K ish to keep it at Docklands, then why not lock out all those feral Cats fans?

PLUS.....

Wasnt Geelong last loss at the G. They play welle everywhere. We need to play well at the G.

your right.......for once....but don't get a swelled head..... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Definitely better for us to be played at the G. as we need another game their before finals.

I think it will stay at Etihad.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Keep it at the Dome.
And I ask again, if its so important that we play more than one game at the G (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that), why has it only become an issue since the announcement that this game might be moved.
If it puts us at such a disadvantage, why hasn't anyone brought this up earlier. We've known since the draw was announced that we only had the one game there.

Loyal
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:F*** "experience playing at the G"......let's play where we have the greatest chance of getting 4 points!
the unequivocal validity of this point should not be lost.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We're not going to overly influence the decision one way or the other. Why don't we just wait until after the deadline tomorrow? At least we'll know then !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Keep it at the Dome.
And I ask again, if its so important that we play more than one game at the G (and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that), why has it only become an issue since the announcement that this game might be moved.
If it puts us at such a disadvantage, why hasn't anyone brought this up earlier. We've known since the draw was announced that we only had the one game there.
well put Debi - one could also question the draw as a whole, with all those Sunday Twilight rubbish fixtures - I wouldn't mind some of those been swapped for a daylight Sunday slot!

Loyal
Club Player

Eastern wrote:We're not going to overly influence the decision one way or the other. Why don't we just wait until after the deadline tomorrow? At least we'll know then !!
You dont know that the jackass' down at AFL House aren't reading this eastern, but yeah one feels that it wouldn't matter what we think, which however is not to say that the dissociative media may have decided they need to propose any idea that would destabalise St Kilda and our charge towards winning the 2009 Toyota AFL Premiership.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Reading the article in the little paper today, I'm inclined to think its gonna stay at ES. The AFL have admitted the logistics are harder than they were expecting, and St Kilda are playing hard ball on keeping members and corporates happy if we do move.

Pros and cons to both grounds..so wll accept the decision and move on.

One thing though..if it stays at ES it its a no-brainer that it will be 100% ticketed, so standby for a MW booking to be implemented.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Reading the article in the little paper today, I'm inclined to think its gonna stay at ES. The AFL have admitted the logistics are harder than they were expecting, and St Kilda are playing hard ball on keeping members and corporates happy if we do move.

Pros and cons to both grounds..so wll accept the decision and move on.

One thing though..if it stays at ES it its a no-brainer that it will be 100% ticketed, so standby for a MW booking to be implemented.
Yes it is a logistical nightmare to change venues now days...

ES will have to compensated and the AFL will need to provide another change in venue this year to ES, so that means two changes to the fixture.

The thinking from memory, I know it does involve Melbourne but not sure of the match it maybe the Port Adelaide Match in round 15 scheduled for the MCG moved to ES.

This would mean compensation to Melbourne

It would also mean compensation to ES (lack of crowd)

The compensation to both Melbourne and Saints members is proper seating arrangements for reserved seat holders.

There is also the fact that tickets have already been sold for the match and the MCG utilises a different ticketing agency.

There is also the matter of corporate box tickets from both St Kilda and Melbourne to think about

One thinks that the AFL has put this in the "too hard basket"

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
hellorocky
Club Player

I might have missed it in the earlier posts but isn't MCG Ticketek?

I know many people that have already purchased Ticketmaster general admission

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:I might have missed it in the earlier posts but isn't MCG Ticketek?

I know many people that have already purchased Ticketmaster general admission
Correct hellorocky..MCG are ticketek.

Are you 100% sure theyve bought GA tix? For St K v Geelong? Normally GA tix to ES games dont go on sale until 2 weeks before the game, to allow the stadium to alter the status to "all-ticket" and put L3 reserved seats on sale 2 weeks prior (same time as SC seats)

The Ticketmaster website says that tickets for this game dont go on sale until Fri 19th June...and I quote...

02:10 PM
vs. Geelong Cats
Etihad Stadium
Docklands, VIC
More Info

on sale:Fri 19/06/09

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

There is also the fact that there has never been a change of venue from the Docklands to the MCG for the purposes of crowd.

If I remember reading correctly, the only change was in 2000 when the Docklands ground was considered an unsafe working environment and the match was moved to the MCG.

You take that with the other issues I have raised and one thinks that it is not going to happen

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
hellorocky
Club Player

actually, no I'm not sure but they were Geelong supporters.

Definitely not St Kilda members. Possibly Geelong or AFL members. I was lined up at TM getting my social club tickets a few weeks ago and they were in front of me, definitely Geelong supporters and they went away with tickets to the St Kilda/Geelong game.