Tough Decisions To Be Made - Are You Up To It

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:
Red Balls wrote:The four likely to go are : Eljay, Leigh Fisher, Hudghton (Retd) & Cahill. Armitage is a possibility for Qld because he is surplus to requirements (at the moment) but he has the class to be near the top of a 'Wants' list. Jarryd Allen & X Clarke are also at risk because of injury concerns, as are Begley and Miles for different reasons. Stanley, Lynch, Steven and McEvoy (particularly the latter) are solid performaer at VFL level. Smith & Heyne need more time. Everybody else should stay.
I can't see Allen going...as we need a third " forward" as just about our main area to improve in.

He will be givena chance to strut his stuff..so IMO he will be playing in 2010.
Not having really seen that much of Allen, can anyone tell me how he is at ground level? Would we be looking at putting him into Gwilt's role or place?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
yipper
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Red Balls wrote:The four likely to go are : Eljay, Leigh Fisher, Hudghton (Retd) & Cahill. Armitage is a possibility for Qld because he is surplus to requirements (at the moment) but he has the class to be near the top of a 'Wants' list. Jarryd Allen & X Clarke are also at risk because of injury concerns, as are Begley and Miles for different reasons. Stanley, Lynch, Steven and McEvoy (particularly the latter) are solid performaer at VFL level. Smith & Heyne need more time. Everybody else should stay.
I can't see Allen going...as we need a third " forward" as just about our main area to improve in.

He will be givena chance to strut his stuff..so IMO he will be playing in 2010.
Not having really seen that much of Allen, can anyone tell me how he is at ground level? Would we be looking at putting him into Gwilt's role or place?
Yep, reckon Gwilt has his spot at the moment.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Firstly Cahill will not be going. He will not even have played a full year due to injury so we arent going to get rid of him. LJ should stay as he was an underaged player and will have only played about 20 games for the club at the end off the year. But who knows he may have to go. Fisher is in the most trouble at the moment along with Begley. Miles would have to be one looked at as going as well but there is still 15 weeks left in the season. Obviously Max will probably go and there must be question marks over X. Allen has a year to run on his contract so unless his hip is no good he will stay. Armo probably has a year to go on his contract so he probably would stay as well.

Rookies. Khan is in trouble, already mentioned Miles, Howard is probably gone, McGarry hasnt even been allowed to train at the club so he must be in trouble and Gaertner is probably in trouble. The rest should be ok. All this must be stressed is with 15 weeks to go in the year so anything could happen.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Firstly Cahill will not be going. He will not even have played a full year due to injury so we arent going to get rid of him. LJ should stay as he was an underaged player and will have only played about 20 games for the club at the end off the year. But who knows he may have to go. Fisher is in the most trouble at the moment along with Begley. Miles would have to be one looked at as going as well but there is still 15 weeks left in the season. Obviously Max will probably go and there must be question marks over X. Allen has a year to run on his contract so unless his hip is no good he will stay. Armo probably has a year to go on his contract so he probably would stay as well.

Rookies. Khan is in trouble, already mentioned Miles, Howard is probably gone, McGarry hasnt even been allowed to train at the club so he must be in trouble and Gaertner is probably in trouble. The rest should be ok. All this must be stressed is with 15 weeks to go in the year so anything could happen.
will their be no redemption for Mcgarry? what has Gaertner done wrong or mcGarry?

ace
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Delist
Colm Begley - Behind many others. Hasn't done much wrong at Casey, but hasn't shown the kind of improvement required to hold an AFL spot.
Ah! so he has been playing for Casey, no wonder he hasn't been considered for senior selection.
He doesn't know which team he should be playing for.
He wouldn't happen to be Irish would he?
DWOODROW wrote:well just to put things in perspective about the Gold Coast and Armitage. He hasn't been contacted by anyone, he hasn't thought about it and he REALLY wants to stay at Saint Kilda. Why is everyone saying he is going to the Coast. It is a long way away. There another 12 games in the season FFS. Unless an actual offer was drawn up and offered to him, he would not and is not even considering playing for anyone except St Kilda. He is next in line when an onballer( should it eventuate) go down with injury. Ross is happy with his performances in Casey and I am happy with that. Hard team to crack but there is alot of speculation of things that might happen. Get some proof before rumour Mungering.

Ah! so he has been playing for Casey, no wonder he hasn't been considered for senior selection.
He isn't even Irish.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:McGarry hasnt even been allowed to train at the club so he must be in trouble
What did McGarry do wrong to be excluded.
Does he have swine flu.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
DWOODROW
Club Player

ace wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Delist
Colm Begley - Behind many others. Hasn't done much wrong at Casey, but hasn't shown the kind of improvement required to hold an AFL spot.
He wouldn't happen to be Irish would he?
DWOODROW wrote:well just to put things in perspective about the Gold Coast and Armitage. He hasn't been contacted by anyone, he hasn't thought about it and he REALLY wants to stay at Saint Kilda. Why is everyone saying he is going to the Coast. It is a long way away. There another 12 games in the season FFS. Unless an actual offer was drawn up and offered to him, he would not and is not even considering playing for anyone except St Kilda. He is next in line when an onballer( should it eventuate) go down with injury. Ross is happy with his performances in Casey and I am happy with that. Hard team to crack but there is alot of speculation of things that might happen. Get some proof before rumour Mungering.

He isn't even Irish.
What do you want ace a f***** badge because you can pick out the mistakes in peoples posts. Get over yourself you muppett. :roll:

DWOODROW
Club Player

Sorry posters the Saint Kilda players not currently playing in the senior team play for Sandringham and not Casey. Them playing for Casey last year and old habits dying hard seem to upset some princesses like ace. Is this OK with you dunce.