Saints Team compared to in previous years.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saints Team compared to in previous years.

Just been noticing some of the differences between this year and prevous years. and compared to other teams

1. less outward emotion after a goal being kicked (compare this to L davis, or B. dick last week)

2. less outward emotion after winning the game

3. Nothing said controversial by any of the saints players or coaches

4. The players who mostly speak to the media are those in the leadership group. (unless there has been a special article written, ie mcqualter's, Gwilt, )

5. Ross leaves the responsibility of speaking to the media with regards to contract, tribunals to the appropriate people.

and , oh yeah, i'm enjoying it all!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Some gerat points there.

I read a great article in Inside Football a few weeks ago written by Burkie.

He was saying when you have a player or team beaten, let them keep their heads down.

If you celebrate or get cocky you are challenging their pride and giving them an invitation to get themselves back into the game.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The teams maturity is what sets this year apart and even old long suffering pessimists like me have renewed hope that the holy grail is not a mirage :roll:

Still have to get past 2 very good sides in the Cats and the Doggies ....but we are a very good side as well there is no doubt.... :)

And I have this eerie calm :shock:

At near full strenght it is our year :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.