2-16 The numbers against me!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Finna
Club Player

2-16 The numbers against me!

I had the pleasure (not) of Being born into a 'Carlton' family. Both parents and four brothers all barrack for the blues and being a good Italian family all the cousins barrack for Carlton too (maybe that's why I left Melbourne). I was the black sheep who - even as a little one could not handle being part of a cheating, slimey club.

So tomorrow night we have hired a box at the dome and I must say I am bloody outnumbered. 2-16 to be exact. That's the number of Saints supporters (2), including me, against the number of Blues supporters (16).

And being in a box its kinda hard to mix in with the rest of the crowd, so its me vs them. I flew from the Gold Coast for this one and cant wait to see them suffer.

Trust me growing up surrounded by the arrogance and seeing all their premierships and me not getting any flags I grew to hate them more than most.

They have been quiet for many years but now they're baiting me again, suddenly they're up and about and they reckon they're gonna win. I want to smash them and I know we will.

So how should I handle this one?

At the risk of walking home do i go hard and let them have it or do i shut my mouth and quietly smirk to myself as we pound their cocky heads into the turf?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

invite me into your box mate....even up the numbers a bit..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

ps.....i am actually going with my doctor...a dyed in the wool carlscum supporter.......so...i am going to keep a low profile.......after all...i am not the one going to be carrying out the next prostate examination....... :cry: :twisted: :?
Last edited by stinger on Thu 11 Jun 2009 6:31pm, edited 2 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2-16 The numbers against me!

Finna wrote:I had the pleasure (not) of Being born into a 'Carlton' family. Both parents and four brothers all barrack for the blues and being a good Italian family all the cousins barrack for Carlton too. I was the black sheep who - even as a little one could not handle being part of a cheating, slimey club.

So tomorrow night we have hired a box at the dome and I must say I am bloody outnumbered. 2-16 to be exact. That's the number of Saints supporters (2), including me, against the number of Blues supporters (16).

And being in a box its kinda hard to mix in with the rest of the crowd, so its me vs them. I flew from the Gold Coast for this one and cant wait to see them suffer.

Trust me growing up surrounded by the arrogance and seeing all their premierships and me not getting any flags I grew to hate them more than most.

They have been quiet for many years now but now they're baiting me again, syddenly they're up and about and they reckon they're gonna win. I want to smash them and I know we will.

So how should I handle this one?

At the risk of walking home do i go hard and let them have it or do i shut my mouth and quietly smirk to myself as we pound their cocky heads into the turf?
Go hard. Let 'em know. I remember going to St.Kilda vs Carlton at the Dome with my Carlton supporting neighbours a few years ago. One of the Carlscum players took an absolute belter of a mark. I clapped a few times and said, "oh great mark". It was easy to be magnanimous as we were flogging them. My neighbour's seven year old daughter turned to me and said, "Why are you clapping. He's not on your side?' I said, "When a player does something especially good it's good to clap, even if he's on the opposition," thinking my neighbour would be pleased that I was teaching their kid to be a good sport. The little girl looked at me and said, "We're Carlton. We don't do that," whilst her mother and father sat there with stony faces.
F*** 'em. Stick it up 'em at every opportunity. As another poster said, "we will always loathe and hate them."

Finna
Club Player

I am gonna give it to them...No Doubt!

Welcome to join us. Wont be hard to spot especially after half time when there are two lone saints smiling and singing suurounded by long faces in a box of 18 people :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:I am gonna give it to them...No Doubt!

Welcome to join us. Wont be hard to spot especially after half time when there are two lone saints smiling and singing suurounded by long faces in a box of 18 people :D

i hope we win for your sake.....me?...i would be better off if we lose.... :wink: :roll:

widereceiver
Club Player

You need to find another doctor! :lol:

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
stinger
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:You need to find another doctor! :lol:

might be a good idea if we bend 'em over and give them a good rogering.... :wink: :lol: :oops:

starsign
Club Player

OK Finna here's the tip
Just recite this little Limerick louder and louder to them as the game progresses

The Blues think they are heaven sent.
But they've been cheaters and tankers hell bent !
and to same them the trouble,
the Saints will outscore them by double.....
so instead of COMING they're WENT!!!

PLUG : there's plenty more from where that came from folks :
just log into the Limeric Comp and have a go yourself ...

( there's heaps of fun
an a pot of Sainter Gold to be won !)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:OK Finna here's the tip
Just recite this little Limerick louder and louder to them as the game progresses

The Blues think they are heaven sent.
But they've been cheaters and tankers hell bent !
and to same them the trouble,
the Saints will outscore them by double.....
so instead of COMING they're WENT!!!

PLUG : there's plenty more from where that came from folks :
just log into the Limeric Comp and have a go yourself ...

( there's heaps of fun
an a pot of Sainter Gold to be won !)
Or perhaps a spot of Bob Dylan...

"Look out, the Saints are comin' through..
aaaand..its all over now, baby Blues :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor