Goal to draw?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Goal to draw?

I seem to remember a match about 6 years ago, Saints vs Swans, where Dal Santo had a shot about 60 metres out after the siren to draw the match, but he didn't make the distance.

It wasn't on this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_the_ ... s_football

Am I remembering this correctly?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

The match was already a draw.

Any score would have won.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/game ... 20427.html

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Yes correct it was the uber flood keepings off game GT employed and we kept them to 2 goals at half time to our 1
we got a bit of lead at 3q time but they kicked back in the last to grab the lead. With about minute to go they kicked out from a behind and we were a point down, Daniel Wulf intercepted the kick in an ran into an open goal on an angle and hit the post. They kicked out again and Dal was awarded a free kick outside 50 as the siren went but too far out to score

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:Yes correct it was the uber flood keepings off game GT employed and we kept them to 2 goals at half time to our 1
we got a bit of lead at 3q time but they kicked back in the last to grab the lead. With about minute to go they kicked out from a behind and we were a point down, Daniel Wulf intercepted the kick in an ran into an open goal on an angle and hit the post. They kicked out again and Dal was awarded a free kick outside 50 as the siren went but too far out to score
The other way around mate, we had 2 goals to nothing to quarter time. Then they kicked 1 goal to zip in the 2nd quarter.

The Saints are coming!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If Wulf had kicked it out on the full and we'd lost the game we would have got a priority pick as well as Pick 1 (Goddard) that year :P

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:If Wulf had kicked it out on the full and we'd lost the game we would have got a priority pick as well as Pick 1 (Goddard) that year :P
So Daniel Wells could have been our whipping boy!

Shades
Club Player

I remember that game sitting in the front row wulf takes a grab plays on hits the pill it killed me lol

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote: With about minute to go they kicked out from a behind and we were a point down, Daniel Wulf intercepted the kick in an ran into an open goal on an angle and hit the post.
shesh ill never forget that
the old wolfman....lol

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Was at Khancoban pub that night away fishing,may have been easter weekend? We fielded one of the weakest and most inexperienced sides in our history,so Thomas decided to bring in the biggest flood of all time. We played to plan magnificently and were set one of our finest to plan victories. Then the swans cracked it open late.

Cresswell put them in front from 50 in the dying stages and my fists hit the table in anger. The bar table tipped backwards,the three pots of beer all came with it and landed all over me. So here i was drenched in beer, in a distraught state. The publican walked over to me,me expecting to be booted,he simply wiped down the table and handed me another pot and said "I understand your pain" haha.
Enter the Wulf interception and miss from 3 meters. I went from distraught to jubilation to unsure as the ball slammed into the post

Bring back the Lockett era
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I was in Wye River on a holiday listening on the radio with my rabid Sainter Mum and we were absolutely screaming. Fully losing it.

I do recall thinking, though 'at least we didn't lose.'

Ahhh. But that was THEN!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8-)

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I think it was actually Dals first game as well.

It was an amazing performance. We tried the same thing the next week against the filth and they smashed us.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SainterX1
Club Player

Was the following week against Collingwood Capuano's last game?

falka
Club Player

Yeah, we controlled game, then fell a point down. Sydney were running clock down, kick across goal was intercepted by Daniel Wulf. He played on and from 10 m out, hit the post. A draw. No chance of him missing, but if Sydney player didn't kick it so high, we would have lost and thus the 2nd pick that year, so Wells would have been ours.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:I think it was actually Dals first game as well.

It was an amazing performance. We tried the same thing the next week against the filth and they smashed us.
I believe it was Dal's second and it was a great kick too, just fell short, very impressive for a second gamer. I remember saying that he would be the man to take Harvey's place when he retired... hasn't it been a roller coaster ride for him since...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I believe it was Dal's second and it was a great kick too, just fell short, very impressive for a second gamer. I remember saying that he would be the man to take Harvey's place when he retired... hasn't it been a roller coaster ride for him since...
riewoldt's 11th game, schwarze's 12th... where are they now?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I believe it was Dal's second and it was a great kick too, just fell short, very impressive for a second gamer. I remember saying that he would be the man to take Harvey's place when he retired... hasn't it been a roller coaster ride for him since...
riewoldt's 11th game, schwarze's 12th... where are they now?
Not sure where Riewoldt is but Schwarze is coaching Sorrento.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

remember it like it was yesterday.
we were up by 5, then (was it schneider???) kicked a goal with less than a min to go to put them up by 1, then some idiot hit the post from 1cm out with a few seconds to draw the game. dal had the ball a good 60m out when the siren went and torped it and landed about in the square. :cry:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
HarveysDeciple

saintdooley wrote:remember it like it was yesterday.
we were up by 5, then (was it schneider???) kicked a goal with less than a min to go to put them up by 1, then some idiot hit the post from 1cm out with a few seconds to draw the game. dal had the ball a good 60m out when the siren went and torped it and landed about in the square. :cry:
Cresswell kicked the goal to put them in front, a week after kicking a goal after the siren to win them a game against the Kangas.

Wulf hit the post, Then Dal got a free kick on the siren 60 from home in his second game. his shot landed about 3-4 metres short, not a bad torp.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:remember it like it was yesterday.
Did you play in that game?

Beekay
SS Life Member

Of course he does.. he remembers it like it was yesterday.

Even though he failed to recognise the correct player twice, and made several other mistakes.

Do you have dementia, dools ?

Batnoe

I think it was one of our youngest teams ever

Called the baby saints

joey's first game- Dal's second

milney044
Club Player

Ah yes i remember that game, i think Milney kicked a ripper in that game and i was pumped and then Wulf missed from point blank and me and my friend kept abusing him after the game. My friend's brother forgot to tip in his comp and in his comp a failure to tip meant you tipped a draw. He wasn't complaining!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Without doing any research, was it not the week prior to this game that Geelong handed out a 110-odd point thumping at Kardinia Park (the last time we lost by 100+!) and the Club were in turmoil for allegedly playing Kosi hurt against the wishes of his family?

We were decimated by injury and thus fielded a very young side..noone gave us a snowballs of getting within 10 goals. After the game I was asked by a TV interviewer outside the ground whether I was upset at not winning. I told him I was soo proud of the effort put up by the team that night

We tried the same tactics with a similarly young side agaisnt the Pies the next week. Worked for 20 mins then the Pies kicked over the flood and smashed us. GT was then under fire for ruining the future careers of all our young players by forcing them to adopt such negative tactics :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor