How is the glass? FULL of course!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dont know about any one else Folks, but as far as THIS little barracker is concerned things are GA-RATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this season!
I'm sticking with the formula I started with at round one.
NO media, radio, press, TV etc until game day! In my wildest dreams I could not have wished for a better season (SO Far :wink: )
Of course on "current form" the Dogs could beat us....so could Richmond, so could Freo, so could Melbourne...because folks I dont believe games are won on "current form" they're won ON THE DAY by the BETTER TEAM (On the day!!!) so this streak can be maintained for a whole season or finished for good depending on how we play on any particular day.
Simplistic? probably. Naive? Could be. But I still believe we are capable of winning or losing ANY game...its called Football!!!!!

Go out and enjoy it Folks!!!!!!

Love to all

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I'm with ya Jiggling.... at the end of the day, there's too much over-analysing B-s*** that goes on...

As a great coach once said....

"You have the ball, or they have the all, or the ball is in dispute"... it's that simple.....

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dave - here is a thought as you sip on another hard earnt ale/cider/spirit/shandy etc.....

We can't lose to Carlton again.

Never. Ever.

Just look how Roo played - it was never going to happen!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :) :idea: 8-)

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

DAMN RIGHT WITH EVERY POINT RAISED!

I'm f**king sick of all those sooks and their glass half-empty bulls**t. We are 12-ZIP people, bloody enjoy it FFS.

Typical spoilt brat syndrome that because we were positively annihilating teams in the first seven rounds and looked unstoppable, even by Geelong standards, that is forever how we must win games. Now we aren't blowing teams out of the park, but just doing enough to win, that isn't good enough and so called "supporters" carry on that it almost feels like we're losing.

Well, FYI, we still haven't lost a match. We are still undefeated after 12 rounds and I'm bloody wrapped. Isn't that what good teams do, if you don't blow a team to pieces you find a way to win, whether it be pretty or ugly? No point being another flat-track bully that can easily thrash an ordinary team but not be able to withstand the pressure when crunch time hits! We are now the hunted and teams are throwing absolutely everything at us, from tedious stoppage tactics to playing on at all costs to thuggery and mind games and we have answered those challenges. Also, has it occurred to anyone that it's a 26 round comp, including finals and I would frankly rather have a lean patch now instead of spending all petrol tickets in the first half of the comp and go limping into the finals?

While I'm having a rant, despite what anyone thinks of the Carlton game, whether it be pessimistic Saints, delusional Blues or the media, we were not "lucky" to win the game, we were clearly the better team on the park and weathered the storm like a good team. It would have been a 4 goal to 1 third quarter in our favor had we not gifted them a free goal from the interchange infraction in the dying seconds. That gave them the sniff!

A loss may eventually come, whether it be from Richmond or Geelong or however. But before this forum goes into melt-down, remember that after our first loss, we will at least second on ladder and three wins clear of third.

GO SAINTS!!!
Last edited by SydneySainter on Thu 18 Jun 2009 2:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think we are going poorly at the moment. To many passengers. We were much better the latter half of last year. Lets drop someone. Anyone.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:We are still undefeated after 12 rounds and I'm bloody wrapped.
Spelling. Rapt.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Mr X from the West wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:We are still undefeated after 12 rounds and I'm bloody wrapped.
Spelling. Rapt.
No, I mean 'wrapped', as in 'wrapped up in the moment' :D

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I think we are going poorly at the moment. To many passengers. We were much better the latter half of last year. Lets drop someone. Anyone.
lol, take your negative crap elsewhere troll. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Its interesting to read some of the posts that are submitted here. Now dont get me wrong folks, everyone has a right to express an opinion, but I just find it a little odd that there are posts that call for "this player or that to be dropped" or saying "the bulldogs would beat us on current form"
I'm not as young as I was and perhaps I dont quite "get it" but last time I looked we were top of the ladder, and as far as this old Jiggster is concerned its a nice position to be in. The thing about "streaks" is that they can always end.....the run of 10 in 2004 ended before we knew it! Its the same with losing streaks they too can end just when you think theyre here forever! Now I dont know about you folks, but I was around in 2000 to see us create another "streak" of sorts and comparing then with now I know which one I prefer!
Do not get too hung up on the fact that we are not belting sides by twenty goals each week,..instead enjoy the taste of victory! I AM :lol:
I'm the Jiggster ...thats my take! :lol:

GOD I love this club!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
felixleo
Club Player

Too right Jiggster. Lets enjoy the ride and let it take us where it may.

Are you gonna be the one?
BakesFan
SS Life Member

The Jigging Saint for President.
"Viva le SAINTS!"

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)