Oh God!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Oh God!!

I just spent $500 upgrading the families membershipd to social club ones. I hope i haven't jinxed us. Sorry in advance!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
ace
Saintsational Legend

$500 so that your family can see the saints win their first premiership in over 40 years - MONEY WELL SPENT.
But Demetriou will want a small fortune for those final tickets as well.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bigmicka
Club Player

on grand final day, fold up a $50, queue with the smokers getting back in the ground, hand over the 50 like one of those tickets, don't even look the ticket guy in the eye and keep walking.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bigmicka wrote:on grand final day, fold up a $50, queue with the smokers getting back in the ground, hand over the 50 like one of those tickets, don't even look the ticket guy in the eye and keep walking.

mic
Have you actually tried that?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

bigmicka wrote:on grand final day, fold up a $50, queue with the smokers getting back in the ground, hand over the 50 like one of those tickets, don't even look the ticket guy in the eye and keep walking.

mic
sounds like a man talking from experience...

love it!!...

Quixote
SS Life Member

mic

Post of the DECADE.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

The first Collingwood Vs Brisbane Grand Final a few of us had a fantastic idea for getting in that couldn't fail. We got as many different colours of cardboard as we could and cut them to all different sizes so when we got there we would choose the one that looks most like a pass out. GREAT PLAN except when we got there we discovered the pass outs were made of rubber! As we decided that our idea would never work we were walking dejected past the roller door between The southern and Olympic stands as it opened to let the Ambulance in........ I have never run so fast in my life. Watched the game from behind the goals and cheered Brisbane home (could never go for the pies) One of the greatest moments of my life!!!!

Quixote
SS Life Member

^^^ More stories like this would be good!

Myself, I've never actually been to an AFL (or VFL) Grand Final. Went to plenty of VFA, however...

Bring on the stories!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
PLUGGER14
Club Player

1992 WCE v GEE

Failed to meet up with friend of the family who had tickets for me & my brother. Walked around G & fell in with 10 WCE supporters without tickets looking for a way in. Found an empty gate with a bored looking attendant at it...each of us slipped him a $20 & we were in like flynn.

Watched from behind goals & suprisingly enough there were over 50 vacant seats all day in that area!!

GrumpyOne

You called me, IluvHarvey?

geometryofdivinity

oi...watch yourself there mr grumples

impersonating a deity = not good

dont be taken in by false prophets iluvharvey

Sunil_saint
Club Player

My wife talked me into upgrading to Social Club this year. But are we ABSOLUTELY 100% guaranteed to get a GF ticket if we are playing: much to my wife's disgust I am not so optomistic (of getting a ticket that is )............!!!!!!!!?????? :(
Cheers
Sunil

GrumpyOne

geometryofdivinity wrote:oi...watch yourself there mr grumples

impersonating a deity = not good

dont be taken in by false prophets iluvharvey
Correction Geo.... The dietys are impersonating me.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Oh God!!

IluvHarvey wrote:I just spent $500 upgrading the families membershipd to social club ones. I hope i haven't jinxed us. Sorry in advance!
we still have to get into the grand final. do not count checiken before they are hatched.

hope you have not jinxed the saints!

GrumpyOne

Re: Oh God!!

saintly wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:I just spent $500 upgrading the families membershipd to social club ones. I hope i haven't jinxed us. Sorry in advance!
we still have to get into the grand final. do not count checiken before they are hatched.

hope you have not jinxed the saints!
Personally.... I'd be far more concerned about these strange creatures hatching long before I considered counting them. :shock:

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:You called me, IluvHarvey?
I'm confused. What's going on???

geometryofdivinity

see

confusion from false gods

its all observable

bless

GrumpyOne

IluvHarvey wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:You called me, IluvHarvey?
I'm confused. What's going on???
What would you like going on?

I have the power to grant wishes.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

I have had mates pay record boys to borrow the outfits... ($100)

It worked when the were desperate and nobody would sell them a ticket.

geometryofdivinity

grumpyones 'power to grant ratio' should be entertaining viewing

please ask wisely iluvharvey

:)

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Well then Grumpy can you PLEASE make sure that me upgrading to social club memberships was the right thing to do?

GrumpyOne

IluvHarvey wrote:Well then Grumpy can you PLEASE make sure that me upgrading to social club memberships was the right thing to do?
You must look into your own heart my child to determine the answer to that question. Performing acts of generousity solely for personal gain devalues the act and will bring no reward. An act of generousity performed from a noble and self-sacrificing position can be rewarded, however these rewards tend to be bestowed in the after-life, or as we supreme beings term it, the off season.

Think instead of the benefits your commitment brings to others, and have faith. All things will come to pass in time.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Well then Grumpy can you PLEASE make sure that me upgrading to social club memberships was the right thing to do?
You must look into your own heart my child to determine the answer to that question. Performing acts of generousity solely for personal gain devalues the act and will bring no reward. An act of generousity performed from a noble and self-sacrificing position can be rewarded, however these rewards tend to be bestowed in the after-life, or as we supreme beings term it, the off season.

Think instead of the benefits your commitment brings to others, and have faith. All things will come to pass in time.
Does upgrading my mums, sisters and grandmothers memberships count as an act of generousity?

GrumpyOne

IluvHarvey wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Does upgrading my mums, sisters and grandmothers memberships count as an act of generousity?
That depends grasshopper on whether you are doing that for personal benefit, or your motives are completely altruistic. As i said previously, that is something you must look into your own heart to decide.

On the other hand however, upgrading your mother-in-law's membership purely for the intent of sitting next to her would be a noble sacrifice, and definately be worth a virgin or two in the off season.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote: On the other hand however, upgrading your mother-in-law's membership purely for the intent of sitting next to her would be a noble sacrifice, and definately be worth a virgin or two in the off season.
Thats all it takes. I'm already onto it!