Tidbits from the Cats forum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Tidbits from the Cats forum

Who will play on Kosi ?

Cut of the supply to Kosi and he will have little impact - To me he is the biggest under acheiver of all time - Speaking to people in the know at St Kilda also have this veiw. If I was a defender I would be getting into his head and first opportunity give in a whack behind the ears. He as soft as butter.

OR

If Kozi is going to take those big pack marks, then he's going to do it regardless of who we put there. I figure i do don't mind giving away 3 goals to both kozi and Roo. I doubt they'll find anyone else to step up.

OR
What the ??
I've been thinking for a while now that it's easy to get the world loving you when you're beating sides like Essendon and NOrth who have very young and weak backlines. Lets see how the all conquering Saints go against a tough, mature bodied back 6 that play together and for each other. They're in for a shock I think. Other thing in all this discussion is that Kosi will now be forced into the ruck for the next 4 weeks at times, so that changes everything as well.

OR

Yea I'm so worried . Let's see if you're midfield can win a clearance, hard ball or two against us this time and how this great defense can withstand wave after wave of precision attack like they will get from Geelong.

EVEN

Why are people worried about Koshitske,Revolt or StKilda ?
All three are overrated.They'll all fail when it counts.

Geelong by 40+ points
Koshitske and Revolt both to get spanked by their Geelong opponents.....again

Ok , I think thats enough ,, I like it ,, :D

What will be next from this club ?
nathan000
Club Player

Every fan base has idiotic supporters. I am sure the level headed Geelong fans are excited about the change and interested in the outcome just as we are.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If we picked some posts on here it would be as one eyed as well. If you dont like what they write dont visit the site. It amazes me people want to visit sites of other clubs anyway.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Agree with above..its a Geelong fan site of course they are gonna have a one-eyed crack at us :roll: What did you expect "Riewodlt to kick 7 and we'll prolly get done by 5 goals?"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I know all clubs have stupid fans, but the cats tend to fly under the radar because of their provincial location. They have many more banjo pluckers than you'd think. I work down there a bit and I rate their supporters right down there with Collingwood's, Carlton's and (gulp) Port Adelaide's. Ill-bred (not to mention inbred), ignorant, insular and over-confident.

I know they have bragging rights because of 2007, but talk about under achieving and choking in the big ones! You wouldn't mind having played them for a living in the big games pre 2007. Biggest chokers in the competition. Remember, they've lost 6 of the last 7 Grand Finals they've contested. Oh and last year, I almost forgot! They returned to type and choked on queue! I think it's the puddy-tatts that might be in for a rude awakening! Or will those champion power forwards like Lonergan and Hawkins take us apart? Send them back to the farm to dance with their sisters!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

They could probably form a similar "wouldnt mind playing the Saints in a Preliminary Final" choking argument too

Flags since 04 Cats 1 Saints 0..until we right that ledger they have all the bragging rights I'm afraid and can mouth off all they like..if the roles were reversed thats exactly what we'd be doing 8-)

Little bit tired of the "Oh I went onto <team name>'s Forum and they were saying nasty things about St Kilda" ..gee just as well we are the only Fo rum with both eyes open and never say things about oppo teams that might be just a little bit clouded by the love of our team

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

FWIW I tend to agree with the comments apart from Kosi and Roo are overrated.

It WILl be interesting to see how our forwards go against their very strong backline and how our mids go against their hard at the pill opponents.

Conversely their weakness is Looney who is a liability and our defence have destroyed underperforming FF's (see Fevola and Tredrea).

Also Ablett cant kick ATM. the other side is that the Cats have a good spread of goalkickers.

They have a crack at us for beating young sides like Essendon - Fair enough, but how have they gone against WCE and Freo and a couple of others.

The Cats are very good but put them under pressure and they make mistakes and fumble and aren't invincible.

Still I think they may be just too good for us, but just remember we flogged Hawthorn last year in H&A and couldn't get within 12 goals of them in the finals.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Cats are nothing but handbaggers, we will smash them, Ablett is a hack and Bakes will take him out of the game, we will win by at least 80 points,
Geelong are an Overated pack of girly boys.....

PS I hope someone from their site doesn't read this. :P :wink:

reincarnated

joffaboy wrote:FWIW I tend to agree with the comments apart from Kosi and Roo are overrated.

It WILl be interesting to see how our forwards go against their very strong backline and how our mids go against their hard at the pill opponents.

Conversely their weakness is Looney who is a liability and our defence have destroyed underperforming FF's (see Fevola and Tredrea).

Also Ablett cant kick ATM. the other side is that the Cats have a good spread of goalkickers.

They have a crack at us for beating young sides like Essendon - Fair enough, but how have they gone against WCE and Freo and a couple of others.

The Cats are very good but put them under pressure and they make mistakes and fumble and aren't invincible.

Still I think they may be just too good for us, but just remember we flogged Hawthorn last year in H&A and couldn't get within 12 goals of them in the finals.
I don't believe that it matters if Ablett can kick, if he played for Richmond it would be a problem however he attracts extra players and Geelong get free from it...so no real big deal

Our coaching staff will obviously sort out which players we can play through and Mooney should be one of them the other obvious one is Harry Tayor and hopefully Longergan plays...both are average/below average either end of the ground and Harry Taylor needs the other defenders around him to be successful

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Who are the Cats?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:If we picked some posts on here it would be as one eyed as well. If you dont like what they write dont visit the site. It amazes me people want to visit sites of other clubs anyway.

i don't recall anybody recently slagging off at the cats on this forum...but.......i can start if you like...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Clearly shows that all three of Kosi, Riewoldt and St Kilda worry them!

8-)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I know all clubs have stupid fans, but the cats tend to fly under the radar because of their provincial location. They have many more banjo pluckers than you'd think. I work down there a bit and I rate their supporters right down there with Collingwood's, Carlton's and (gulp) Port Adelaide's. Ill-bred (not to mention inbred), ignorant, insular and over-confident.

I know they have bragging rights because of 2007, but talk about under achieving and choking in the big ones! You wouldn't mind having played them for a living in the big games pre 2007. Biggest chokers in the competition. Remember, they've lost 6 of the last 7 Grand Finals they've contested. Oh and last year, I almost forgot! They returned to type and choked on queue! I think it's the puddy-tatts that might be in for a rude awakening! Or will those champion power forwards like Lonergan and Hawkins take us apart? Send them back to the farm to dance with their sisters!

i love it.......forgotten about all those grand final losses......does that include the night grannie where we spanked them bigtime....... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Would be curious what less 1-eyed supporters were saying... but not quite curious enough to venture off to find out for myself...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

No Stinger, it doesn't. I'm only talking about real Grand Finals, 1967, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995 and 2008! Last year's choke must rate as one of the worst in all sports, not just AFL. They prance around and talk about last year as though they won the big one. If you read that excuse for a newspaper, the Geelong Advertiser, you'd swear they were the reigning premiers! I'm super confident we'll beat them, not only in Round 14, but in the big one. We've got the sort of team, structures and game style that is perfectly suited to bringing them down. They have plenty to fear. BTW, at the risk of sounding like a sycophant, love your work and passion, Stinger. Keep it up, and damn your critics! Go Sainters!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I know you can tell us what to do on here saint66au, but you and plugger66 really fancy yourselves as moderators of all things, don't you? When we want your "wise" advice about where to go to get our footy fixes and experiences we'll be sure to ask. So far I haven't seen any evidence that either of you have much to offer in the way of originality. Just sit off and add the odd judgmental and hackneyed cliche. I'm starting to see why you love plugger66 so much Stinger. Sometimes people visit other forum sites to get a broader view of things and consider what the opposition has to say. Some of it is better than some of the inane drivel you get on here.

Then again, you know what they say about people on committees, moderators, politicians etc........

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:FWIW I tend to agree with the comments apart from Kosi and Roo are overrated.

So ultimately it doesn't matter who wins round 14. It's the finals that matter

Another opportunity awaits!
SaintDebi
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Would be curious what less 1-eyed supporters were saying... but not quite curious enough to venture off to find out for myself...
Living here I can tell you that the "less 1-eyed supporters" of the cats are few and far between! I do come across some occasionally who are ready to admit we are a good side and playing well, but the majority believe the Super Heroes hype dished up to them in the local media and think nobody comes close to them.
Funny how many are still on that bandwagon despite the cries and threats of ripping up memberships that were everywhere after losing that one little game at the end of September last year!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:No Stinger, it doesn't. I'm only talking about real Grand Finals, 1967, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995 and 2008! Last year's choke must rate as one of the worst in all sports, not just AFL. They prance around and talk about last year as though they won the big one. If you read that excuse for a newspaper, the Geelong Advertiser, you'd swear they were the reigning premiers! I'm super confident we'll beat them, not only in Round 14, but in the big one. We've got the sort of team, structures and game style that is perfectly suited to bringing them down. They have plenty to fear. BTW, at the risk of sounding like a sycophant, love your work and passion, Stinger. Keep it up, and damn your critics! Go Sainters!

thanks mate...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

our forward line is better than theirs.

our backline is better.

our midfield is very good and much improved. theirs is outstanding and seldomn beaten.

i read some stats where their midfield is on average 5kg bigger than most of the competition.

they have some monsters in there - like that pink pig ling - who we need to pay special attention to. very strong player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I know you can tell us what to do on here saint66au, but you and plugger66 really fancy yourselves as moderators of all things, don't you? When we want your "wise" advice about where to go to get our footy fixes and experiences we'll be sure to ask. So far I haven't seen any evidence that either of you have much to offer in the way of originality. Just sit off and add the odd judgmental and hackneyed cliche. I'm starting to see why you love plugger66 so much Stinger. Sometimes people visit other forum sites to get a broader view of things and consider what the opposition has to say. Some of it is better than some of the inane drivel you get on here.

Then again, you know what they say about people on committees, moderators, politicians etc........
Sorry didnt realise i needed your permission to express my opinion. I will PM you next time I want to write something. And having Stinger as a mate does nothing for your credibility.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I know you can tell us what to do on here saint66au, but you and plugger66 really fancy yourselves as moderators of all things, don't you? When we want your "wise" advice about where to go to get our footy fixes and experiences we'll be sure to ask. So far I haven't seen any evidence that either of you have much to offer in the way of originality. Just sit off and add the odd judgmental and hackneyed cliche. I'm starting to see why you love plugger66 so much Stinger. Sometimes people visit other forum sites to get a broader view of things and consider what the opposition has to say. Some of it is better than some of the inane drivel you get on here.

Sorry didnt realise i needed your permission to express my opinion. I will PM you next time I want to write something. And having Stinger as a mate does nothing for your credibility.

matter of opinion..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

They got the power on down there yet?

I'm more concerned about beating Richmond this week. After that I will start concerning myself with Geelong.

That said, I only wish for us to be competitive in that game. A win would be ok of course and we should always play for it. However, there are certain things that I dare say could be taken away from a loss that may be of great value come Finals time.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Quixote
SS Life Member

The Pussies are officially worried.

The lack of similar threads on our BF board pleases me.

I'm heading over to the Pussy board tonight and possibly B13 - it's about time the games heated up a bit.

:D

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Your comments Ive bolded I actually agree with :-)

All I was trying to illustrate is the hypocrisy of those who critcise Harry Taylor and/or Cam Mooney on here and think they are a wise football sage...yet anyone who has a crack at Roo or Kosi on the Cats forum is a tool

Oh and as for all those GF's they lost..I dont think I need to remind anyone of which end of the ladder we occupied though most of those years. Gotta be in it to be able to choke in the first place lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor