Bring on the Eagles!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintluke
Club Player

Bring on the Eagles!

Tough game next Sunday. Trip to Subi will be hard following todays game. They touched us up last year when we were ultra confident of getting the 4 points.

Great win today.

8 Weeks to go!!!

CARN SAINTERS!

OneGram
Club Player

who cares we beat geelong :lol:

saintluke
Club Player

Hmmm.... You may be right! :P

Best thing was, I watched it with my cats loving best friend. He was getting so animated towards the end.

What a match :D

FullMonty
Club Player

Best match I have seen in years. Fantastic pressure on the ball carrier from both teams for 4 quarters. Great win! :D

Now, the new generation saints need to put the win in the bank and focus on next week. No euphoria please! :roll:

Montyrules!
Sainterone
Club Player

Gardiner v cox

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Make no mistake..a 100% danger game after this week..the let down factor plus a trip west

Will be a big test of where RL has the group mentally :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
felixleo
Club Player

If Cox and Kerr dont play you know they are already in tank mode.

Are you gonna be the one?
your momma
Club Player

Perth teams would be pleased for the defeat of the cats
as they had been in a similar possition to us - taking place in a tight as hell match that only resulted with the cats victory by a hair.

The thing is..the untamable beast is heading Perth's way. And unlike cats, we dont tend to choke at Subi. As far as i can recall

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
Legendary
Club Player

St Kilda vs West Coast is worth the same as today's game was.

4 points.

They are of equal value, and it's just as important to win next week as it was today, both for our ladder position and mentally.

Will be tough against the Eagles, with a fresh Kerr.

strauchanie
Club Player

I believe if the eagles win next week (or anytime for the rest of the season) they will lose their priority pick (pick 2 at worst).

Lynch Beast
Club Player

With West Coast on 16 points already I highly doubt they will be winning another game. Plenty of competitive losses by under 3 goals but I highly doubt we will win again.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Being a WA saints fan its always a game that you would like to win & after such a heroic effort this week I'm a little worried it might be hard to back up such a performance . West Coast much to my annoyance have had the wood on us for a while , lets hope they're not the first team to beat us or the media over here will have them back as a genuine premiership contender.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Posted this on a bogfooty thread - thought it rang true in this thread too.

Basically, I'm not too worried about next week. I'm more worried about the week AFTER that.

Adelaide looms as a massive danger game for us for the same reasons I think.

anyway, here's my reasoning as to why i think we will beat West Coast and why past performances against the eagles may not matter in next week's game....

One Eyed Sainter 66 wrote:Something happens when we play the eagles - for some reason it's exactly the same as when we play the bombers. No matter how bad the bombers are and how good we are, we ALWAYS struggle against the bombers. I can't even rememeber the last time we beat the bombers by more than eight goals. :oops: :oops: :oops: (EDIT - last year round 22)

West Coast are similar, after we won three consecutive eyars in Western Australia against them, (97,98,99) we have won one since - Harve's 350th.

At docklands, we had a draw in our first match and have thumped them in every other much or lost.

For me, this year is about putting our s*** history behind us.

Being able to beat Port in Adelaide - CHECK

Being able to prove we deserved in the top four last year - CHECK

Standing up in big games - TO BE CONFIRMED (EDIT - Although today was pretty big but I define big as two things - finals at the MCG, that's where the big dance takes place)

Winning , lost of our interstate games and improving our APPALLING interstate record - TO BE CONFIRMED - one win of our last three i/s games will result in a check

Performing even under instense pressure - CHECK (Sydney, Roos, Carlton, brisbane and Essendon. In fact throw the backs to the wall Builldogs in there as well) (EDIT - now we can add geelong as well!!! :D )

Winning our second grand Final - TO BE CONFIRMED. in fact, first we have to just make it.

The bottom line is we still have a week's break. That's the maximum seven days to recover and even though it includes flying over there, all we have to do is not be complacent and respect the eagles.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i cant wait for sunday!!!
perth is by far the best interstate trip, always fun! but an absolute wreck if we lose :?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Posted this on a bogfooty thread - thought it rang true in this thread too.

Basically, I'm not too worried about next week. I'm more worried about the week AFTER that.

Adelaide looms as a massive danger game for us for the same reasons I think.

anyway, here's my reasoning as to why i think we will beat West Coast and why past performances against the eagles may not matter in next week's game....

One Eyed Sainter 66 wrote:Something happens when we play the eagles - for some reason it's exactly the same as when we play the bombers. No matter how bad the bombers are and how good we are, we ALWAYS struggle against the bombers. I can't even rememeber the last time we beat the bombers by more than eight goals. :oops: :oops: :oops: (EDIT - last year round 22)

West Coast are similar, after we won three consecutive eyars in Western Australia against them, (97,98,99) we have won one since - Harve's 350th.

At docklands, we had a draw in our first match and have thumped them in every other much or lost.

For me, this year is about putting our s*** history behind us.

Being able to beat Port in Adelaide - CHECK

Being able to prove we deserved in the top four last year - CHECK

Standing up in big games - TO BE CONFIRMED (EDIT - Although today was pretty big but I define big as two things - finals at the MCG, that's where the big dance takes place)

Winning , lost of our interstate games and improving our APPALLING interstate record - TO BE CONFIRMED - one win of our last three i/s games will result in a check

Performing even under instense pressure - CHECK (Sydney, Roos, Carlton, brisbane and Essendon. In fact throw the backs to the wall Builldogs in there as well) (EDIT - now we can add geelong as well!!! :D )

Winning our second grand Final - TO BE CONFIRMED. in fact, first we have to just make it.

The bottom line is we still have a week's break. That's the maximum seven days to recover and even though it includes flying over there, all we have to do is not be complacent and respect the eagles.
Good one mate...well put.

Yes, weren't we here this time last year? Just knocked off the Hawks only to fall over without a whimper to the Weagles. I'm sure it will be in the back of our boy's minds, and I'm sure Gardiner would like to attone for his last visit home (Woosha's mind games got to him me thinks).

How are we going to combat Subi's wide open spaces? The guys will be pretty sore and exhausted after rolling the Cats.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

THE GOOD NEWS !!

Our boys were back at work at 9.00am today with lesurely dip in Port Phillip Bay !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:THE GOOD NEWS !!

Our boys were back at work at 9.00am today with lesurely dip in Port Phillip Bay !!
Are they swimming to Perth?