Sydney Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mick
Club Player

A surefire way to irritate the supporters is telling them that they don't even know the rules. It works a treat every time.
markp wrote:I'm going up for the game.... any suggestions of things I should yell?

I'm thinkin "Kick it to Barry, Kick it to Barry.... where's Barry??".... and "You're not the AFL's love-child anymore Sydney!"....

sainter35
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:St Kilda told me the Saints members will be seated in the front rows of Bays 1, 2 & 4. Aftermatch is definately on at the Fox studio.
Thanks, you've saved me asking!

Saint Mick
Club Player

UNfortunately the players won't be attending the post-match function. See below:

The Saints are headed to Sydney this week and can't wait to take on the Swans this Saturday evening. As always, we hope you can be there to support us in what is our only trip to New South Wales.

Our post game function will be held at The Forum at Entertainment Quarter which is a great opportunity for fans to gather and discuss the game and have a few drinks (hopefully after another exciting win!) Usually we have players in attendance at all of our functions, however the
logistical challenge that faces us this week means that the players will unfortunately not be able to attend.

As you know, we play consecutive interstate matches in the next fortnight which are our last traveling commitments of the season. The team will be taking four flights in the space of just nine days to get to and from Sydney and then Tasmania where we face a tough challenge against the
Hawks.

We find ourselves in the unique position of being on top of the ladder and aiming to finish off the home and away season strongly. Our fitness and conditioning staff are working diligently to manage the load on our players and recovery methods when traveling is a big part of this.

But what better way to hear about the Saints season so far then from the entire coaching panel who have kindly offered to attend the function and they will be there to meet fans, take questions and discuss the game against the Swans. Xavier Clarke and Zac Dawson will also be in attendance and possibly a couple of the emergency players named for Saturday's team.

Where possible we like to give our fans the opportunity to meet our players, but hope you will understand the circumstances surrounding this weekend and that we have your support to keep the team in best possible shape as we head toward September.

--

Not sure exactly how an hour at Fox Studios would compromise their recovery, but seeing as we're 17-0 and in the middle of what seems like a wonderful dream I am going to accept the club's decision on this one! Still, I recommend attending for those who are going to be at the game - it's a great chance to meet fellow Sainters, have a crack at the auction prizes etc. and I think listening to Ross and co. will be a great insight for all present.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thanks mick
whilst unfortunate it is often more than an hour that it involves- :(

- I assume this means they are possibly doing rehab that night and flying out early Sunday- or maybe just flying out early Sunday for rehab in melbourne.

But anextended interview with zac about how life has changed now he's really a footballer.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Have had the pleasure of hearing both X & Zac being interviewed. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

:(

Qld Saints Supporter Group
asiu

I'm going up for the game.... any suggestions of things I should yell?

'get some black in your colours , ya wankers ' is one of my personal faves

or , when they go into their 'syyydnnnney' chant , i cry out SUCK at the appropriate moment

you'll hear me on saturday night
:) :)

(and i thought i was going to be in chiang rai) :(

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:
I'm going up for the game.... any suggestions of things I should yell?

'get some black in your colours , ya wankers ' is one of my personal faves

or , when they go into their 'syyydnnnney' chant , i cry out SUCK at the appropriate moment

you'll hear me on saturday night
:) :)

(and i thought i was going to be in chiang rai) :(
unless you are under the age of 9, you just cant to that. surely you can think of something better? thats what the middle aged men sitting behind us when we play port do, but not us. we are above that standard.
please, for your sake, please dont :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Try and keep in check the language at the umpires. I've been told off once or twice...once in the members in the opening 2 minutes. The local friendly policeman walked straight up to me and said "we know you guys are passionate down there,but we're not like that up here,so be careful"....
I'm pretty sure I only called the maggot on the ground a 'd!..head' too :?
Can't imagine what would of happened if he was at the Geelong game the other week,sheesh.

Other common calls made are "Goodes,worst dual brownlow medalist ever"...they don't like that one too much. I'll try and get up them again saturday night, ruin there theatre going free ticket recieving experience

Bring back the Lockett era
asiu

please, for your sake, please dont

but it fits so perfectly dools

perfectly , i say

you've gotta try it ......dont be embarassment dools

lets sit together , i'll show you how

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:

perfectly , i say

haha
whenever i hear someone do that i have to hold back from going up to the kid or whoever and knocking their head off their shoulders! ive calmed down and now let the kids get away with it, but seriously, anyone in their teens or above deserve to be shot if they still do that.
please! dont! if i end up sitting near you and i hear you do that, i will be angry :twisted:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
gazrat wrote:

perfectly , i say

haha
whenever i hear someone do that i have to hold back from going up to the kid or whoever and knocking their head off their shoulders! ive calmed down and now let the kids get away with it, but seriously, anyone in their teens or above deserve to be shot if they still do that.
please! dont! if i end up sitting near you and i hear you do that, i will be angry :twisted:
For sure..
I mean the current girly chants the cheer squad have going are much more 'manly' and mature...
*insert high pitched squeel*..."just like the other one, woo woo wooooo!"

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
gazrat wrote:

perfectly , i say

haha
For sure..
I mean the current girly chants the cheer squad have going are much more 'manly' and mature...
*insert high pitched squeel*..."just like the other one, woo woo wooooo!"
sorry, but i dont recall ever saying i like that chant either?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I've seen you getting into it.....then pump your fist when it's done

asiu

if i end up sitting near you and i hear you do that, i will be angry :twisted: :twisted:

i predict yr gunna be quite an angry young man then dools , on saturday night

its all about the delivery mate

none of em ever have a go back , there laughing too much (mostly)

some have been a bit testy ....but , well , who cares , i'm a sainter

markp wouldnt be such a wooseburger

saintluke
Club Player

Where's Barry?

Thats my catchphrase every week when I watch the Swans!

What happened to Spider is a good one too.

I think the swans fans know a few names now... LRT, Goodes, Kirky....

Thinking about it that may be it!

They are incredibly stupid.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I've seen you getting into it.....then pump your fist when it's done
pump my fist?
pump it into someones face who is doing that chant, yes. :wink: