Max must go...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Max must go...

His time is up.... Last night Max was clearly our worst, making horrible mistake after horrible mistake, and his disposal is just so bad that it will hurt us in the pressure of finals...

We have looked at our best down back throughout the year when he has not been in the side... Nearly every game he has played in, our defensive results have not been as efficient..

Zac is miles ahead of him...

He cannot be in our finals side for us to be at our best... All of Zac, Gilbo, Chips, and Blake are far better as tall backs... They are all now his equal when it comes to spoiling ability, but are all miles ahead when it comes to ball use and decision making... Maxs footy brain is mulch...

When the ball is in his hands, it is like watching a car crash in slo-mo, and increasingly his strength of spoiling and contesting is diminshing fast...

It will be a hard and unpopular call for Ross to make, but it must be done if we are to hold this years cup aloft...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

did you watch the game?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:did you watch the game?
So I take it you thought he was ok last night...??... He directly cost us 5 goals... Directly...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

will back him in the next two weeks to get back to his best. Remember his efforts last year and he is all quality. I still think buddy wont be looking forward to playing against him next week.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Max was ordinary last night, but he was awesome last week.

Zac will be back next week, It will be interesting to see who makes way.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
hotdish
Club Player

had a very poor game, however having Gilbert out exposed EVERYONE in the defence because he's our best spolier and great at cutting off leads with his good marking.

Blake cost us more goals than Max.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

sobraz=idiot

one bad game!

Before Im 85
Sobraz
SS Life Member

saintsrus wrote:sobraz=idiot
Super input...

Fact is our defence has looked shakey at times this year when Max has been in the side... He has zero composure, and his strengths of desperation and tenacity are catching up with him, giving away silly frees..

Our game plan insists that all players are good users of the ball, particularly the back 6... He is the worst user of the ball in the AFL...

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I would think that Max and Zac will take Buddy and Roughead. I don't think he's done yet. He'll need to play more like he did against the Dogs and less like he did against Sydney if he's going to keep his spot for finals though.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
maverick
Saintsational Legend

I have never seen Max hold so much, and get outpointed one on one....

He has been a super player, but he needs serious game time between now and September...

mick13
Club Player

Joke of a topic.

How good was he last week?

He'll know that he had a bad game. Watch him keep Buddy to less than 3 goals this week.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ok so in one thread we have blake letting go 5 goals and now max directly let 5 goals as well

funny
swans only kicked 9

max holds every week
he is very sly at it usually
he held no more than usual imo

max has played 5 games this year has had 53 disposals 2 tackles a free for and four free against
dawson has played 16 games had 197 disposals 29 tackles, 9 frees for and 14 against him
(last night max had 3 frees against him)

yup...gone :?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Max must go...

Sobraz wrote:His time is up....
SILLY, SILLY CALL!

please, refrain from posting this kind of rubbish in the future.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:ok so in one thread we have blake letting go 5 goals and now max directly let 5 goals as well

funny
swans only kicked 9

max holds every week

max has played 5 games this year has had 53 disposals 2 tackles a free for and four free against
dawson has played 16 games had 197 disposals 29 tackles, 9 frees for and 14 against him

In four games max gave away ONE free kick. ONE in FOUR Games!!!

You are a muppet of the highest order- he has been one of our best 5 or so for the last 10 years.

If we win the flag and max is not in the side for reasons other than injury then i just won't feel right. he deserves a flag almost as much as harvs did.

he bleeds for the club-Sobraz clearly doesnt or he would not of brought this up

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

As a whole, our backline was off their usual mark!

Both Max, Blake and even Chips smothered and held their opponents which were always going lead to free kicks.

I have to watch the replay to back up my argument, but my feeling at the game was that as well as Sydney played, we certainly did the best we could to keep them in it!

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:ok so in one thread we have blake letting go 5 goals and now max directly let 5 goals as well

funny
swans only kicked 9

max holds every week

In four games max gave away ONE free kick. ONE in FOUR Games!!!

You are a muppet of the highest order- he has been one of our best 5 or so for the last 10 years.

If we win the flag and max is not in the side for reasons other than injury then i just won't feel right. he deserves a flag almost as much as harvs did.

he bleeds for the club-Sobraz clearly doesnt or he would not of brought this up
I want to win a flag and if Max isnt in our best side I will still feel great if we win. Pick your best side and forget how good a player was. I dont know if max will play in the finals but I do know that if he doesnt well his form obviously didnt warrant selection. We will find out in the next few weeks.

S.A Saint
Club Player

to be fair all of our defenders had a bad game...chips absolutely got killed yet we don't see threads on here saying that we should drop him :roll: :roll: :roll:

backit
Club Player

Watching the game I thought the crowded and congested forward line play did not suit Max or any of our backs last night. If Max puts in 3 or 4 games in a row that are ordinary or very poor then yes he will be gone but one poor game does not make a season. Against Carlton he kept Fev goal less in one on ones, Fev received an interchange infringment goal. Max is a backman who backs himself but last night he couldn't due to the crowded ground which the swans did well for that reason.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hahahaha funny thread, come on people the OP was taking the P$#$.

At least I hope so.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Comments from one assistant coach last night at the after match indicate that Max will be the fall back, not the full back.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

funny
swans only kicked 9

max holds every week

yup.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
starsign
Club Player

To me it seems a growing tactic from the opposition to be somewhat content to see Max come out of defence with the ball

last night when he did have it in space the Swans didn't try to pressure him that much

am I over analysing here , or has anyone else started to get this impression of late???

He's been going Ok for mine , but last night I wasn't too impressed, although a few of the scribes had him in their best

the compact nature of the ground and the resultant packed back half for most of the night certainly didn't help, and Gilbo was missed badly too

Pleased to see Raph give a bit of the run we would normally have got from Gilbo

When both Gilbo and Zac are available i'm beguining to think Max may come under the microscope

having said that I love the guy and would dearly love to see him in there and back to as near as his old best as could be expected... if that makes any sense!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:To me it seems a growing tactic from the opposition to be somewhat content to see Max come out of defence with the ball

last night when he did have it in space the Swans didn't try to pressure him that much

am I over analysing here , or has anyone else started to get this impression of late???

He's been going Ok for mine , but last night I wasn't too impressed, although a few of the scribes had him in their best

the compact nature of the ground and the resultant packed back half for most of the night certainly didn't help, and Gilbo was missed badly too

Pleased to see Raph give a bit of the run we would normally have got from Gilbo

When both Gilbo and Zac are available i'm beguining to think Max may come under the microscope

having said that I love the guy and would dearly love to see him in there and back to as near as his old best as could be expected... if that makes any sense!!
Clubs have been letting Max get the ball on his own for years because of his average disposal.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Watch out Max. With Raph's game slowly improving, looks like you're next in line for whipping boy. :?

TassieJones
Club Player

f****** oath

this is, by some margin, literally the worst and stupidest thing I have ever read on the internet

sobraz you are a complete f****** deadshit. I hope you return to this thread next week after max rapes buddy once again.